A lost islander finding her way

YaiCola

Hello anyone who has wandered into the thread, I'm Yai. I've just freshly found myself really getting interested in the game, and very much the idea of roleplaying.

As of now I'm still quite fresh faced to both the game mechanics and the lore, but I've tried to read up on proper naming for my Roegadyn Seawolf lass.

In terms of character she's far more experienced with life amongst her people's home isles (if that isn't lore breaking, mind you), spending time trawling the shoreline pulling in nets or dealing with minor creature incursions than anything else.

Why is she suddenly so far from home? Well, it's a long story. One that I'll not spill here, perhaps another time.

So if you happen to see the freckled face of Saldgeim Wynsathwyn hanging about fishing, or haphazardly finding her way through a dangerous situation don't hesitate to say hello! Or to lend a hand, she'll certainly be needing it.

In terms of character she's far more experienced with life amongst her people's home isles (if that isn't lore breaking, mind you), spending time trawling the shoreline pulling in nets or dealing with minor creature incursions than anything else.

Seems fine to me... and a rather down to earth character which I like!

Welcome to Balmung and the RPC :)

Hello and welcome to the RPC! If you ever are looking for someone to RP with feel free to send me a tell or stop by and visit in Gridania.

Thank you! I'll certainly have to keep that in mind though I'm unsure of what might bring Sal to the forested city. At least from the outset.

Hai Yai! ... wow that was satisfying to type. Welcome to the RPC! I hope you have a super fun time here biggrin.gif

I admit you aren't the first to think of that greeting, though it's certainly one I enjoy none the less. It's a pleasure to meet you as well, thank you for the greeting!

Seems fine to me... and a rather down to earth character which I like!

Welcome to Balmung and the RPC smile.gif

Thank you! I'm glad to know it doesn't come off as lore violating from the get-go. I'm by no means fully versed in the universe or the expectations that come with being from certain areas.

As for her more down-to-earth past I'm always sweet on the idea of having a character bloom into something more fantastic than having them start that way.

As of now I'm still quite fresh faced to both the game mechanics and the lore, but I've tried to read up on proper naming for my Roegadyn Seawolf lass. In terms of character she's far more experienced with life amongst her people's home isles (if that isn't lore breaking, mind you), spending time trawling the shoreline pulling in nets or dealing with minor creature incursions than anything else.

Sorry for showing up so late, but that's definitely nothing lore breaking. Sea Wolves still live on their home archipelago of Aerslaent and trade exists between there and Limsa. Limsa Lominsa even has a squadron of its navy stationed in the Bloodbrine, so there's plenty of room for interaction and travel between the two. Hope this helps! ^^

Across Abalathia's Spine' date=' the battered seacoast of the Farreach, and beyond the Bloodbrine Sea lies the Northern Empty - a vast body of water almost entirely void of islands, save for two major chains. The first, and northernmost, is a remote archipelago known as Aerslaent ("first land") - homeland of the Sea Wolf tribe of Roegadyn. It is from these islands that the first inhabitants of Limsa Lominsa are said to have hailed - arriving in Vylbrand after a failed raiding attempt in the southern Rhotano Sea. On the second group of islands further to the west can be found Old Sharlayan, the very nation from which settlers came in the early Sixth Astral Era to form a satellite city-state in the Dravanian hinterlands.[/quote']

The Roegadyn are a maritime people hailing from the bleak isles of the Northern Empty' date=' their name meaning "people of the rain." They still maintain a strong presence in their ancestral home on and around Aerslaent ("First Land" in the old tongue), whence many Roegadyn fled seven centuries ago to free themselves from the reign of a despotic tyrant. As is often told, they came ashore on Vylbrand, and the city of Limsa Lominsa rose to prosperity not long thereafter. Many, many years prior to this, an entirely different group of Roegadyn had crossed over to the continent and settled in the mountains, where their descendants - the Hellsguard - reside to this day.[/quote']

While the old Roegadyn tongue lives on in Aerslaent and the Abalathian hinterlands' date=' the Roegadyn of Limsa Lominsa, as well as those who ply their trade as sellswords and adventurers have learned the common tongue, born out of necessity due to their frequent contact with other races.[/quote']

Descendants of a pirate clan long feared as the scourge of the Northern Empty' date=' the Sea Wolves hail from the northern islands. Though many live there still today, a not-insignificant number left their homeland seven centuries ago, eventually settling in Vylbrand. There, they established the maritime city-state of Limsa Lominsa, which prospered and took its place as one of Eorzea's six great city-states. True to their roots, many Sea Wolves have made their mark as pirates, sailors, and fishermen.[/quote']

Sorry for showing up so late, but that's definitely nothing lore breaking. Sea Wolves still live on their home archipelago of Aerslaent and trade exists between there and Limsa. Limsa Lominsa even has a squadron of its navy stationed in the Bloodbrine, so there's plenty of room for interaction and travel between the two. Hope this helps! ^^

No need to apologize at all! This information is greatly welcome, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Aha, a fellow, rare Aerslaent Wolf! Now that is most heart and welcome.

My greetings and welcomes as well, young'un. In case you happen to stumble across the crimson grimace of Rhotdornn Hyrtfyrsyn, do not hesitate to say hello to the swordsman & punchfist McGee! I've been wondering where all of our native kin have scampered off to. Probably still home, go figure.

Anyroads, a hearty welcome to Balmung all the same. You'll come to find that it is brimming with RP, activity, and absolutely fantastic people. Any shenanigans you might hear are just that--rumors of folk who most likely misbehaved to land where they are. Everyone who's friendly, nice and generally well behaved finds a good and steady future on Balmung; and many, many friends.

In case you do need any technical help, I'd be happy to lend my Mentor status some use. (A bit of a late reply, just got my grip back onto the forums myself orz)

Otherwise, live, love and have fun. Balmung will be sure to provide.

o7