Reluctant Prostitute Seeking Friends, Clients, and Enemies

Hey everyone. Hathaway Snow is a young male Miqo'te who has returned to his home state of Gridania, operating as a fairly competent Lancer and Adventurer with a habit for exploring. He likes women, deep conversation, and long walks on the beach. He'd sell his soul for an apple strudel. Ok, maybe not, but you're welcome to offer one.

He also has no real friends or acquaintances since his transfer to Balmung, and I'd like to change that.

If you couldn't tell by the title, Hathaway also works as a prostitute when he absolutely has to, meaning when he desperately needs money. Does he like the work? He tells himself he doesn't. But is that true? Is that false? Why don't we find out, because that moral dilemma's interesting?

Hathaway is looking for:

• Friends: Hathaway has built a small, but positive reputation as an eager Adventurer and proficient Lancer who often goes out of his way to help others. Surely he could find like-minded people who enjoy exploring, fighting, and completing requests?
  • Clients: Men or women, and everyone in between. Hathaway keeps this part of himself under wraps, opting to perform his services in private areas, especially in Gridania. When the going gets tough, he works in public in the more unsavory parts of Ul'dah. Think back alleys, deserted places, and other sleazy establishments. It'd be amusing to see a friendship or even romance develop between him and a client, and watching that initial awkwardness play out.
  • Rivals/Enemies: To make a long story short, Hathaway was taken from his home as an infant and raised as a prostitute in Ul'dah; that's why his name doesn't fit the Miqo'te standard, and he is relatively unaware of his people's customs. It'd be terrible if someone who heard of him/recognized him/utilized his services tried to use that information against him, wouldn't it? Beyond that angle, engaging in sparring or lighthearted ribbing with a frenemy or two would be fun.

I understand that Hathaway's "side job" might put some people off, but keep in mind that he's designed to be more than just a prostitute, or just another Lancer. I wanted to combine both my roleplaying experiences together, and see what kind of relationships develop with him. If you want something pure and vanilla, I can do that. If you're looking for something more smutty, I can do that too. But I'd say the ideal situation is a mix of both, something organic and real that develops over a significant period of time.

Contact Info: You can contact me right here in this thread, or you can shoot me a private message. I'm also available in game, of course, and on Discord at Hathaway Snow#9472. Feel free to check out his Wiki page up top, or right here; I worked pretty hard on it.

Edited by Hathaway's Flash

Oh my goodness gracious, I want to protect this child. He needs a hug and a friend and an apple strudel and I'm pretty sure my dorky Olive can help with that. *makes grabby hands @ Hathaway*

Oh my goodness gracious, I want to protect this child. He needs a hug and a friend and an apple strudel and I'm pretty sure my dorky Olive can help with that. *makes grabby hands @ Hathaway*

Wow, I love her eyes! I'll send you a PM and we can talk details.

I don't know how exclusive Hathaway's clientele - but Stroud is a courtier who travels in considerably higher circles in Ul'dah; At the very least they might be familiar with each other in passing, if you'd want to strike up something. You can find a link to my wiki below.

Do keep in mind I do not ERP - That side of his profession is entirely off screen, but it is there, and most definitely on the table for conversational pieces. Likewise he's got his hand in some illicit operations that are expanding around Eorzea from black markets to murder.

Not sure if you'd be up for this, but Aloyv is a noble who tends to spend more time with the common folk than the upper elite, given he's a Bard that thinks the arts shouldn't belong to just the privileged.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Aloyv_Riordan

He's spent more than enough time getting into trouble in the pearl, but its also where he made some of his best friends so it wouldn't be too unlikely he's met Hathaway at some point. The performance troupe he's part of actually has a number former (and possibly current) courtesans, so his side business wouldn't alienate Aloyv in anyway.

If you see him walking around, feel free to say hi, or you can always send me a tell or PM here c:

I don't know how exclusive Hathaway's clientèle - but Stroud is a courtier who travels in considerably higher circles in Ul'dah; At the very least they might be familiar with each other in passing, if you'd want to strike up something. You can find a link to my wiki below.

Do keep in mind I do not ERP - That side of his profession is entirely off screen, but it is there, and most definitely on the table for conversational pieces. Likewise he's got his hand in some illicit operations that are expanding around Eorzea from black markets to murder.

I haven't exactly determined how often he does it, but I would say that he engages in mostly street-level encounters, nothing fancy. In the past he was rented out to presumably wealthier, private individuals, but I don't think he'd seek out or even recognize his clients, mostly out of a desire to keep that life separate and/or buried. The idea of making a PC one of his former owners - that's a pretty interesting idea. I didn't even think of that.

@ Ritsu and luxemas - Thanks for reaching out! I'll check out your profiles and see if I can come up with something.

I like friends :) Find me on Lunelle Thibault or Sable Moon, both of whom are rather friendly and gregarious IC. Lunelle is a dancer who performs a lot in Ul'dah, could use that as a connection, and Sable lives in Gridania. ^^

Ooh, interesting! I'll give both of your characters a look-see.

To everyone else considering, don't be shy! I'm always looking for more people, there's no limit. If you want to try something you haven't had the chance to before, or you just want to chat, don't be afraid to reach out!

It's perfectly possible that Hathaway and Tsuki have run into one another, if you are okay with under-the-radar contacts. Tsuki's not at all a reluctant prostitute, but she'd certainly be the sort to give 'safer' contacts over if she recognized that he was more reluctant than she, or happened to find one that he might be a better fit for than her!

It's perfectly possible that Hathaway and Tsuki have run into one another, if you are okay with under-the-radar contacts. Tsuki's not at all a reluctant prostitute, but she'd certainly be the sort to give 'safer' contacts over if she recognized that he was more reluctant than she, or happened to find one that he might be a better fit for than her!

Yes, absolutely! I like the idea, I'll be in touch.

A little bump, and also a quick update; I have a more sex-driven ad on Darknest for those of you who are more inclined towards that sort of thing. If you're not, then welcome! You're in the right place, as I'm always looking for new partners.

My main, Andromeda Dulaque (Rommie) is the proprietor of a pillowhouse in Goblet and self-styled as a mentor figure for sex workers. Drop me a line, or drop by Bandee Pakshee (Goblet 10-19) and Rommie would connect your character with all the resources he needs! \o/

My main, Andromeda Dulaque (Rommie) is the proprietor of a pillowhouse in Goblet and self-styled as a mentor figure for sex workers. Drop me a line, or drop by Bandee Pakshee (Goblet 10-19) and Rommie would connect your character with all the resources he needs! \o/

Ah, interesting! I could see them working well together. I'll shoot you a friend request so we can chat.

@TyconRue - I do both, if you want to RP via text you can send me a message on Discord at Hathaway Snow#9472.

• 1 month later...

I'm still very active in-game and enjoying fleshing Hathaway's story out with multiple players, but more is always better! Again, Discord is a great way to contact me, at Hathaway Snow#9472, if you're having trouble with the servers or can't get online. I do roleplay on there as well; unless something crazy happens, everything that happens to this Miqo'te is canon, and if I'm not playing with you at the moment then I'm referencing stuff that happened with your character in other roleplays.

In short, nothing's inconsequential. I don't bite, drop me a line!

• 5 months later...

To anyone wondering, yes, I'm still alive! I've just been more active in game and on Discord than on this site. A lot's happened to Hathaway in the meantime, and I've finally reached the Heavensward content. I'm hoping to access the SB expansion within the next few months, but we'll see. Either way, Hathy's story has taken a few surprising turns and directions, so I'm always interested in expanding his circle of contacts.

My Discord is always open at Hathaway Snow#9472 if you can't reach me in game, want to chat privately, if you're on a different server or can't get online. If you'd like links to Hath's more sexual ads, I can provide them. I will check back here occasionally as well. Until then, happy holidays~