I make a badass 10" deep pan pizza.

I found a recipe online for deep pan pizza that anyone with a cast iron skillet can make. No kneading the dough, or anything like that, you just put some stuff in a bowl, mix it with your hands like the savage you are, leave it overnight and then shove it into your skillet. I suck at cooking, so it's great! Anyway, hopefully the title got your attention, because I do actually want to make some new RP connections.

[align=center]pagebanner.png[/align]

I started playing Edric a few years ago, then RPed with him for a while, but retired him during Heavensward. The character I replaced him with temporarily while I got back in to RP has been ICly put out of action, so I've brought Edric back. I've already done one of these posts, but it's out-dated, so here's a brand spanking new one, low quality banner included!

OOC

• I live in the UK, so my timezone is GMT+0, or whatever it'll be once DST gets its grubby little hands on it.
  • That said, my schedule is pretty flexible, so I rarely have problems finding a time to RP with someone in another country.
  • My main hobby IRL is MMA (which is why Edric is a fighter: lack of imagination).
  • I also like binging Netflix shows, watching bad movies (I shamelessly love Idiocracy), and walking my dog.

IC

I've recently updated most of Edric's RPC wiki page here, but if you just want the basic idea:

• He's cautious and slow to trust, mainly due to the nature of his work.
  • He's pragmatic, but still enjoys getting his blood pumping by taking a risk every now and then.
  • He actually makes good money from his jobs, but he lives like he's still homeless.
  • He can be prickly sometimes (but please don't take this as a sign of me OOCly not liking you or your character!)

Disclaimer: Most of Edric's work is illegal, and violent. If you're uncomfortable with this kind of character, he might not be the one for you to get involved in too deeply. He tends to be secretive about his jobs, but this is an OOC heads up.

Since both Edric and I have just got back to Thanalan/the game respectively, I'm looking for all sorts of contacts. He enjoys having his fingers in a lot of pies, because you never know when someone can come in handy, so feel free to hit me up, no matter what your character is/does. A baker or a carpenter could be just as useful to him as a mercenary or a healer, even if it's just someone to get a drink with.

Contact me!

If you want to get a hold of me, you're best off either sending me a private message on here, or adding me on Discord at Kel#7486. You can also poke me in-game either literally or with a friend quest, but that's less reliable than the other two. It's up to you!

Thanks for reading, if you have. If not, here's the tl;dr: Ul'dah criminal needs contacts of all sorts, offers shady services in return. Can be a prick.

Hi, there! You caught my attention with food. I'd be glad to role-play sometime! I've got a few different characters to choose from, but I think Kitty would have the most in common with Edric. She can typically be found in Thanalan. She spent some time homeless in Ul'dah taking all sorts of (unsavory) odd jobs and is now involved with an organized crime group. It seems like they have a fair bit of common ground, maybe even enough to say they could have potentially crossed paths in the past! :)

I just came here for the pizza....

Always up for more contacts for Seye! She is my mute keeper who feels insulted when people don't understand what she is trying to convey. So far, 100% if the roleplay I've gotten on her has been great fun! Especially when someone tries to guess what she is saying and it's way off the beaten path.

I'll give a response to the people who've commented, but I thought I'd just put the place I found the recipe here as well. It has pictures, but honestly I don't know how they made it look that good. One thing to note is that for some reason the bottom of the pizza never cooked properly for me, so I had to put it on the hob for a while so the bottom wasn't raw dough. Here you go: easy pizza. (You can use one of those cheap cake tins where the sides come off if you struggle to get the pizza out of the skillet once it's done, or just don't have one.)

Hi, there! You caught my attention with food. I'd be glad to role-play sometime! I've got a few different characters to choose from, but I think Kitty would have the most in common with Edric. She can typically be found in Thanalan. She spent some time homeless in Ul'dah taking all sorts of (unsavory) odd jobs and is now involved with an organized crime group. It seems like they have a fair bit of common ground, maybe even enough to say they could have potentially crossed paths in the past! :)

Yeah, it sounds like they definitely could have seen each other around. I haven't really included his history on his RPC yet, but Edric started off in an organised crime group, and then moved on to odd jobs later on, so the order is swapped around a little, which could make for an interesting conversation, who knows? He mainly did 'heavy' work, intimidating people or just plain breaking a hand. The tattoos along his arms are a family thing, so it's also possible she saw his father at some point and could recognise the patterns. We'll have to figure something out!

Either way, I'm sure he could still find something in her to relate to even if they just met for the first time, both being from similar places, which might make him relax enough for them to have a civil interaction, or at least what passes for one between criminals, haha. Should I send you a PM on here to set something up, or do you have another way you'd prefer?

I just came here for the pizza....

Always up for more contacts for Seye! She is my mute keeper who feels insulted when people don't understand what she is trying to convey. So far, 100% if the roleplay I've gotten on her has been great fun! Especially when someone tries to guess what she is saying and it's way off the beaten path.

She sounds like a really fun character to interact with! Edric has actually worked for someone who was unable to speak, so he might have a slight advantage there, but he also can't read, so passing notes in frustration wouldn't be an alternative that'd work, unfortunately for both of them. It could be a fun dynamic! Her being mute might actually be a good thing for him, it means he wouldn't have to buy her silence like he does most of the people he talks business with.

I'll have to send you a PM so we can work out where they might run in to each other, if you don't mind. I just don't want to clutter up the Making Connections forum too much. ^^

And now I want pizza :frustrated:..

Is Edric the anti-hero type?  Saw "Authority" on the dislikes, but didn't see "villainy" on the likes.  Imagined a fistful of dollars showdown going on in the power vacuum of the Ul'Dah Syndicate.

I suppose that would depend on who you ask. To a lot of people, he is a villain, and he's done evil things before, but he's also done things you could consider good. He doesn't enjoy torturing someone as much as he doesn't enjoy giving money to some of the beggars on Pearl Lane, but if something gets the job done, he'll do it. Most of this is collateral though; he does something that will benefit himself, and sometimes other people benefit too, other times it's at their expense.

An example I could give was a forum RP ages ago where he, after accepting one too many free drinks, was captured and put on a docked slaver ship. Long story short, he managed to get out of his chains (mainly because of an attack happening above board on the ship), but he'd been a thaumaturge's plaything for a week, so he was wounded and exhausted. Luckily, in the brig with him was a healer, so he freed her to heal him back to fighting shape, then brutally murdered the young guard who came to check on them. On one hand, he's freed someone from slavery, on the other, he used excessive violence on someone who was barely out of puberty.

Does that make him a good or bad person? I don't think so, I just think himself and those in his inner circle are his #1 priority, and good, evil, the law, or chaos are afterthoughts at best. It's a grey area though, and I can see why people might class him as an anti-hero or a villain, depending on which of his actions they're privy to.

• 1 month later...

I figured I'd post a little update here that can act as a bump as well b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶. I've met some really cool new people, including a couple alchemists, a whole FC that I somehow got in to, a few of the usual shady/violent types, and a couple linkshells as well. That being said, I HUNGER FOR MORE! I am looking for a few specific connections, because letting NPCs take care of things is bleh. Other than the ones listed though, I'm up for interacting with anyone, so hit me up if you're interested!

• Healers! Violence is unfortunately a part of Edric's work, and as tough as he is, he's not invincible and could do with knowing as many people who could patch him up as possible.
  • Sparring buddies! The poor old training dummies outside Scorpion Crossing aren't the best opponents to train hand-to-hand against. They're not great at fighting back, they don't make for good conversation afterwards, and they tend to break. So if there's any fist-fighters out there that want to spar and possibly learn a few new tricks in the process, hit me up!
  • Mercenaries/Thugs/Ne'er-Do-Wells! Does your character hurt people for money? Pawned off their moral compass for 12 gil years ago? Perfect! Not all jobs can be done alone, and as much as I like the quote I used for his RPC page, he does need help from fellow violence-enthusiasts every now and then, and giving that role to an NPC is a waste.
  • Merchants! The less violent half of Edric's business is investing money in places where he thinks he'll be able to profit from it. All that money he gets from jobs has to go somewhere, right? No, he's not a loan shark, Mr. Brass Blade, he just lends people money and encourages them to pay him back when they can. He makes a new, useful contact, they get some easy gil and have access to Ed and anyone connected to him. Sounds good, right?

Like I said, these are only some specific examples, so feel free to pop me a message on Discord. I also have a tumblr now, but it confuses me and I'm terrible at it.

Hmmm, it seems my plan to lure people in with pizza and make contacts out of them is failing, and instead it's either making them hungry or only accomplishing the first part. Ah well, can't win them all!

Sophia could always use skilled hired help in her 'exploits'. There's a link to her bio in my sig.

Sounds good to me! I skimmed through her RPC page, and she seems like an interesting character. I'll definitely have to poke you on Discord and we can see about setting something up.