Most populated server for RP?

NuggeTech

Hey guys!

I am a new player to FFXIV though I have been playing WoW for a long time mostly on RP servers. After searching for a while I found out that Balmung is the best server for RP in terms of both population and accessibility however for some reason the realm is blacked out whenever I try to create a new character.

So my question which other realms should I go for? RP is my favorite type of play style and I would really like it if you guys could help me out

Hey guys!

I am a new player to FFXIV though I have been playing WoW for a long time mostly on RP servers. After searching for a while I found out that Balmung is the best server for RP in terms of both population and accessibility however for some reason the realm is blacked out whenever I try to create a new character.

So my question which other realms should I go for? RP is my favorite type of play style and I would really like it if you guys could help me out

Balmung is indeed the most populated RP server. It is so populated it is even overpopulated and character creation and transfers to Balmung has been blocked until further notice.

Even before the complete lockdown it was almost impossible to create a new character on Balmung, except for about half a minute right after maintenance.

Of the RP servers you can actually get onto I'd say Mateus(NA) and Omega(EU) are the most populated and active.

Both Mateus and Balmung offer the same type of RP. Both have been partner's in the growing community here at HRC, with that said I would encourage you to head over to Mateus as Balmung is closed and see for yourself the great people that are over there. Now if your European, Omega has been marked as the European RP Center which may be a bit more 'Ping' friendly and I've heard some good things about that server too. So either way I think you can find your home about the two server's that are currently available. I would throw my own (Balmung) into that mix but with it being closed that is unfortunately not an option at this time.

Hey guys!

Balmung is indeed the most populated RP server.  It is so populated it is even overpopulated and character creation and transfers to Balmung has been blocked until further notice.

Even before the complete lockdown it was almost impossible to create a new character on Balmung, except for about half a minute right after maintenance.

Of the RP servers you can actually get onto I'd say Mateus(NA) and Omega(EU) are the most populated and active.

Thank you so much for your reply!!

I created my character in Mateus for the very reason. Also, I was wondering which version is better, Steam or Retail?

Both Mateus and Balmung offer the same type of RP. Both have been partner's in the growing community here at HRC, with that said I would encourage you to head over to Mateus as Balmung is closed and see for yourself the great people that are over there. Now if your European, Omega has been marked as the European RP Center which may be a bit more 'Ping' friendly and I've heard some good things about that server too. So either way I think you can find your home about the two server's that are currently available. I would throw my own (Balmung) into that mix but with it being closed that is unfortunately not an option at this time.

I want to play in NA, however, the country that I live in falls in the PAL region. So will I be able to play with players in Mateus even if I am to buy the game from steam on a PAL SE account?

Hey guys!

Balmung is indeed the most populated RP server.  It is so populated it is even overpopulated and character creation and transfers to Balmung has been blocked until further notice.

I created my character in Mateus for the very reason. Also, I was wondering which version is better, Steam or Retail?

If you use Steam you will probably have to use Steam for pretty much everything. If this is a problem or a good thing depends on your opinion of Steam.

The actual gameplay shouldn't differ though.

I want to play in NA, however, the country that I live in falls in the PAL region. So will I be able to play with players in Mateus even if I am to buy the game from steam on a PAL SE account?

You can play on any server regardless of type of account.

Hey guys!

There's also the fact that steam takes about a month longer to release preorder deals. I don't know if that's relevent, but I thought it worth mention.

How's Omega on EU?

I'm in the US and have a few characters on Mateus and I've pretty much accepted I'll never get onto Balmung so I'm looking to at least create a new character on a different type of hub.

Really sucks there aren't designated RP servers and I have to scour the net to find sub-par answers.

"There's some RP on Jenova"

"There might be some on Cactuar"

"I think Lich has some RP too"

etc

How's Omega on EU?

I'm in the US and have a few characters on Mateus and I've pretty much accepted I'll never get onto Balmung so I'm looking to at least create a new character on a different type of hub.

Really sucks there aren't designated RP servers and I have to scour the net to find sub-par answers.

etc

It's due in a large part to YoshiP's continued adamant refusal to label any server, seemingly especially RP servers.

Every server does have a niche for RP, perhaps at least an LS for it. For years, everyone gravitated towards Balmung, so any search you did would inevitably point you there. Now with the strict lock, folks are left wondering what to do. Only relatively recently (since the complete lock out) has Mateus pulled ahead of the pack of other potential RP servers. This means that a Google search will still pull up old posts or articles about alternatives to Balmung. Look for anything written since late summer/early fall of 2017 to find active communities.

How's Omega on EU?

etc

You can probably find small groups of roleplayers on all servers.

If you want anything looking like an actual RP server your best bets currently would be Balmung, Mateus, or Omega.

I have not played on Mateus, but from what I hear it is quite active. If you play during US prime time, then Mateus is probably best suited for you.

Omega is quite nice in my opinion. Still in the growing phase - which was hampered previously due to transfers to Omega being locked for some time - but coming along nicely, with little problem finding at least some RP.

Just be aware that it is an EU server and most RP activity happens during EU evenings.

Is there an rp server next in line to Mateus on NA? It seems that Mateus is becoming the next congested server and is full every other time I check it. Or is Omega on EU the only better option?

There aren't really any other community designated servers. It's basically Balmung is the original/locked one, Mateus is the new/open one, and Omega is the EU one. Other than that it's a bunch of smaller scattered communities. None of the others I've seen have the same feel as those do. For example, their Quicksands aren't a hub for walk up RP. I can say Jenova looks pretty active and friendly but I can't say it's any better or worse than any of the other small communities.