No </3 Roegadyn female?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing a male Roeg, and I want to see more female Roegs!

Rhuarc is also a male Roegadyn! Big, manly, paladin tank, don't see why its not the most prominent race.

Most likely because they look ridiculous - their proportions are very off and typically the 'big' races tend to be designed to appeal to the sort of player that enjoys overcompensating. It was the same with orcs and tauren in WoW - very few people played them and yet many of those that did seemed to think that 'dey da best lol xD so much biger an strong den every1 else lol xDDDD'. Masculinity is also not linked directly to size, especially when excessive proportions are concerned.

Rhuarc is also a male Roegadyn! Big, manly, paladin tank, don't see why its not the most prominent race.

Most likely because they look ridiculous - their proportions are very off and typically the 'big' races tend to be designed to appeal to the sort of player that enjoys overcompensating. It was the same with orcs and tauren in WoW - very few people played them and yet many of those that did seemed to think that 'dey da best lol xD so much biger an strong den every1 else lol xDDDD'. Masculinity is also not linked directly to size, especially when excessive proportions are concerned.

While I know that masculinity isn't linked to bicep size, that doesn't make Roegadyn men a less than awesome race.  They have plenty of admirable qualities.  I rolled a Highlander at first, but when I saw how small the Roe population was, I felt that I'd be able to do one justice and race changed as soon as possible.  Even holding off my RP in the game till I could introduce myself as one.  ANYROAD

Time to get that Roegadyn female love back in line...

siouldah1_zpsb93b8a0a.png

I agree with Sio... lets try to get the Roegadyn female love back on track

I disagree. In my personal opinion the Roe don't look ridiculous for what they are. I don't think the Tauren necessarily appeal to that kind of stereotype either with the way they're characterized. That however may be my own bias shining through, since I was drawn to them for their racial culture...

I don't think it's about over compensating. I think big, strong designs are a natural and necessary compliment to all the spindly, feminine males. It'd be rather annoying if all the men in the game could be mistaken for women at a passing glance. And I have on at least one occasion been confused while running past every other race and had to take a double take to make sure it was indeed, a man.

They are more like the Orsimer of Elder Scrolls than Warcraft Orcs. They have a proud warrior culture and are physically conditioned for the harshness of the lands in which they dwell and the adversities they have to face. They've evolved and developed a certain way out of necessity. It doesn't mean they're all hulking barbarians that'll rip the head of an Amalj'aa. Many prominent Roegadyn NPCs fly in the face of the uber masculine stereotype as well. They're healers, merchants, tailors, and chefs just as often as they are warriors and brigands.

While I agree we should widen what is considered "masculine," I don't know how productive it is to come on a roe appreciation thread and tell us our men look ridiculous.

I have to say male Roes look a bit ridiculous to me because their heads are so small and their shoulders as so huge. With NO other races except MAYBE the Highlanders do the size of males so greatly out-mass the size of their females in this game. It's nuts. Really nuts. 

On a similar note, I thought Elezen looked ridiculous until I saw ones like Ronberku. I became a convert.

I have to say male Roes look a bit ridiculous to me because their heads are so small and their shoulders as so huge. With NO other races except MAYBE the Highlanders do the size of males so greatly out-mass the size of their females in this game. It's nuts. Really nuts. 

They're pretty much the equivalent of the draenei of WoW, with each gender looking like they belong to completely different races.

In support of Roe females, I have to say that I think they are beautiful. Although I do agree with Siob that they are lacking in the trunk department. :D I believe that Skaenmoen is one of the most breathtaking characters I have ever played in an mmo. Sadly she has had more than her fair share of detractors, but I juat can't see it. Oh well, no accounting for taste lol.

On a similar note, I thought Elezen looked ridiculous until I saw ones like Ronberku. I became a convert.

Aw shucks, now you're making me blush. And I'm not secretly stalking this thread and saving all the lovely female Roegadyn pictures. Not at all! *whistles innocently and saves the latest Sio picture in his female roegadyn folder*

Jokes aside, I usually like taking the more buff races. I would have gone with highlander if all their faces didn't look like rugged 40 year old men(manner of speaking and my own personal view). And male Roegadyns have some faces and hairstyle that I like but I don't like their body proportions.

My ideal race that I would play hands down is the "Gon" race from the game Blade & Soul. And ironically it's the only mmorpg that hasn't been released to the western market. orz

Oh well, I'm quite satisfied with my elezen. Although I'm still annoyed by the lack of muscle slider for male elezen.

I think Roegadyn females are absolutely beautiful.  I have yet to see an ugly one, and I have seen more than I first thought I would.  I like them because, in my opinion, there isn't really an "average" Roegadyn like there are Elezen or Miqo'te.  Like when I think of Elezen, I imagine tall, pale, with light hair and fair features.  With Miqo'te I usually think of tanned skin and really colorful hair and bright, odd colored eyes.  With Roegadyn, I don't have a sort of appearance stereotype like I do with other races.  I know there are many exceptions and that people make pale Miqo'te or dark Elezen, but it isn't what I see as often.  Roegadyn seem kind of like the wild card of all the races.

Also, I think their facial features are just beautiful.  I especially love the rectangular shape to their noses.  They're so broad and look kind of like they just continue straight from the forehead down to the tip.  They have really beautiful eye shapes and brows too.  Also, I'm really jealous of the long hairstyles they have.  I wish Elezen had long hair like they do xD

I'll definitely be making a Roegadyn or two after I get settled in with this first character of mine.

I don't really think that's a fair assessment. I like Roegadyns because I'm a big dude, and I love being big. I want to play a character that's big like me. Is liking my body type overcompensation? I think for the most part, all the races have proportions that are "off". Even Hyurs, where I can play a man with ape arms or a woman made almost entirely of legs. Some people just see them all differently, I guess.

And, if anything, I think I've singlehandedly bent the idea of Roegadyn male machismo over my knee and given it a spanking. Dogberry very much values his masculinity, but he is nothing if not in touch with his feminine side, beyond just wearing pastel shirts and sewing clothes.

And now back to the females. Y'alls ladies is fly. Keep being awesome.

Aw shucks, now you're making me blush. And I'm not secretly stalking this thread and saving all the lovely female Roegadyn pictures. Not at all! *whistles innocently and saves the latest Sio picture in his female roegadyn folder*

Jokes aside, I usually like taking the more buff races. I would have gone with highlander if all their faces didn't look like rugged 40 year old men(manner of speaking and my own personal view). And male Roegadyns have some faces and hairstyle that I like but I don't like their body proportions.

My ideal race that I would play hands down is the "Gon" race from the game Blade & Soul. And ironically it's the only mmorpg that hasn't been released to the western market. orz

Oh well, I'm quite satisfied with my elezen. Although I'm still annoyed by the lack of muscle slider for male elezen.

I bet it -is- annoying (the muscles thing). Ronberku is the single most attractive male Elezen ever. Purriod. 'This is mah Ron. Dere is many like him but dis one is mine.' <3

On ANOTHER note... Folken? Y-yeah... Kinda the best looking Highlander ever. Didn't know they -could- look that good but sure enough--

You guys just keep surprising me. ^o^

I don't really think that's a fair assessment. I like Roegadyns because I'm a big dude, and I love being big. I want to play a character that's big like me. Is liking my body type overcompensation? I think for the most part, all the races have proportions that are "off". Even Hyurs, where I can play a man with ape arms or a woman made almost entirely of legs. Some people just see them all differently, I guess.

Hah! I play a roegadyn because I wish I was taller and (more) muscular. I don't know about you all, but I don't want to play a character like myself, but someone I think it'd be cool to be. (Dunno what that says about me that I like playing beastman races.)

Hah!  I play a roegadyn because I wish I was taller and (more) muscular.  I don't know about you all, but I don't want to play a character like myself, but someone I think it'd be cool to be.  (Dunno what that says about me that I like playing beastman races.)

Yeah, I do that a lot. I just didn't this time.

In all fairness, you did say you couldn't see why they're not the most prominent race. I think Theodric's comments were apposite in that regard.

As for this Ron elf, what is all the fuss? :?

In all fairness, you did say you couldn't see why they're not the most prominent race. I think Theodric's comments were apposite in that regard.

Role-players are rarely praised for having a character that revolves around the typical traits associated with their character's chosen race. You should make your character's sexuality the driving force behind your concept and wiki page so you can be seen in a similar light. ;)

It's like the average blood elf rogue in WoW - flirting with every woman in sight. Elezen role-players are fairly rare in this game, yet those I've come across so far have all - regardless of gender - revolved heavily around flirting and/or sex.

He's gorgeous.... O_O Just... Gorgeous.

Like almost every other Elezen, then.

Sadly, no, not like every other Elezen; otherwise many more Ele's would appeal to me. Of course, we're speaking from my perspective. I who have one of the biggest butch looking Roes... And who enjoys the look of a Highlander with a split tongue and filed teeth and perpetual circles around his eyes. Personally? I think Elezen's tiny head and sloping shoulders are really hard to make look good. Worse are the faces that the males got saddled with. I don't remember them looking so gaunt and skeletal in 1.0 and pale skin tones (which I see a lot of) don't help much. Ronberku succeeds. Thus far I think his male and Sila Neve's female are two of the prettiest I've seen by my definition of 'pretty'.

But I digress. This thread is about Roegadyn girls.

g2NS7Fy_zps372bbd43.jpg

Dem Roegadyn girls.

I need to get me one of those outfits Siobhain. You just need to tell me what it is and I can probably make it.

I know the pants are like hempen tights... and... dress...shoes? The shirt is... er... er... ah... O_O I really honestly forget the name. It's a something something of crafting though.

I need to get me one of those outfits Siobhain. You just need to tell me what it is and I can probably make it.

I know the pants are like hempen tights... and... dress...shoes? The shirt is... er... er... ah... O_O I really honestly forget the name. It's a something something of crafting though.

It's a Coatee. Any level one will look like that. The different tiers velveteen/vintage/linen etc. just have differences in the small details and the neck bow thing.

:moogle: