No </3 Roegadyn female?

Well after having a hard time deciding I ended up on Roe female, their eyes are amazing, and I love their lore. My main reservations for them was that the really tall races tend to look pretty bad in robes or as casters in general, and she'll be a summoner.

Aside from the issue with them being tall, I think a lot of players want their characters to appear "young", think teens to early twenties, and Roes look more mature. Their mannerisms as well are less "girly" than Miqo'te, who are pretty much going all out on cute in the animations. While the Roe characters aren't going for the girly and cute animations, which probably would look terrible on a character of that size anyway, I find them to look quite elegant.

Kcscb9V.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look frumpy in those low-level robes, but, then again, who doesn't? Even the poor Miqo'te fems are made to almost look like they have bigger versions of Lala bodies. 

Roes are cool. Pick a character that you like and worry about the gear later. :)

942463_10200358337028815_1047457958_n.jpg5ZYbA81Dlsw

I personally like the level 1 gear. The pants scream all sorts of sexy. Though the arm pieces are a little weird. The entire outfit works together though because of the puffy arm pieces kind of accentuate the biceps /flex.

Since the CC has come out I've been playing around with it quite a bit.

Here is Sigyn (posted a few pics before), but here's another one:

i8IRu2R.jpg

I've reworked her face a bit (let me know what you think of the change):

bmmyFON.png

Here's a Hellguard I'm thinking of making as a part of a wandering assassin group:

JGNHuhX.png

(Taki Junichiro)

• 3 weeks later...

This is what my Roe female main looks like. After several people told me she looks sort of ugly, I'm thinking of re-rolling her, though.

1FchVrn.jpg

I think she looks good.

I love female Roe, myself, and would love to see more. Unfortunately, I personally won't be adding to the number of female Roe out there. I'm pretty set on my Miqo'te.

My Roegadame (I like that term!), Swygrael:

swygrael_zps7423e835.jpg

She's an alt, but one I'm really loving quite a bit.

She was originally going to be a Scholar, however, as other have expressed, caster gear tend to look a bit funny on Roegadyn, so now I'm debating what to do instead. She may become a Gladiator or an Archer perhaps. I'll have to play around a bit.

This is what my Roe female main looks like. After several people told me she looks sort of ugly, I'm thinking of re-rolling her, though.

1FchVrn.jpg

She isn't ugly. But I will say at in my personal view that the blockiness of their nose can make the face seem off.

1FchVrn.jpg

She isn't ugly. But I will say at in my personal view that the blockiness of their nose can make the face seem off.

I like the blockiness of the nose. Eye of the beholder, and all that. Speaking of eyes, hers remind me of my wife's so A++ would bang.

I think Roegadyn are not popular because they are an extreme in height, color and muscles! Sure some people like that but most prefer to be on the cute/beautiful or normal human side. 

Syvingeim Skarnfalksyn will be my co-main (I play on 2 servers) she saw life only in open beta though, after playing a while with her she grew on me and now I think her size is just too fun, especially near lalafell. AND... I think she is just gorgeous. She's an arcanist (Scolar) everything will look like pokemons next to her xD.

I went with traditional skin color and hair color for Sea Wolves.

2032698.jpg

Well, before the open beta I was worried that my character would feel slow or look awkward as a caster. Very happy to say I was completely wrong and love how it looks more than ever, also their eyes are amazing. Surprisingly, I actually found it looking more awkward as a marauder than as a caster.

Usually I'm part of the people that don't like to play tall characters, but my roe is on the shorter side (6'4, 194cm), so it's not ridiculously tall, I think if I went full height I would be bothered by it.

TXubZ3H.jpg

Though I do feel a desire to punt Lalafells while playing now.

Here's my primary character:

119uxwk.jpg

Mhuswys Tymbahlwyn

pronounced "Moo Swiss  Timble Win"

And to keep you from having to look it up, my first name means "Mouse Sister", so you can just call me 'Mouse' if you see me in-game.  I'm on Gilgamesh, and I'd love to run into some of you!!

Ya know, it just occured to me Roe's might also be less popular because of those friggin names. ^^;

I suppose I can see that happening.  I enjoy seeing lore based names and there are a few where I've actually looked up what they meant, but I can see why others would just walk right past as if they were ignoring a player with a joke name.

I was debating whether I would make a Sea wolf or Hellsguard because of the name and even then I continued to debate whether my Hellsguard would be one of the few who still followed the traditional naming convention.  Her name was originally going to be Elilgeim Hastloefwyn.  Her name, to save readers a trip to the Roe dictionary is Foreign Jewel, daughter of Hazel leaf.

Elilgeim, I see is one of the few names that still somewhat resembles a basic name.  Other choices were Rhetiwyda and Rhotgotha.  Those names while holding the tradition, seem to stretch the conventions as much as possible while still being something that could be sounded out.

Ya know, it just occured to me Roe's might also be less popular because of those friggin names. ^^;

This! I was so interested in Roegadyn females but when I saw the naming conventions it just sort of took me away from the race. Don't get me wrong, I know you could go against them since they're 'conventions' and things change, but I'd have preferred to follow them!

I just can't see myself enjoying having such a name. Especially trying to get people to send me a /tell.

I have to say that the people here have made amazing looking Roegadames though! I'm really excited to see them all and interact with them in game! :)

Well, as of Phase 4, my Balmung character is a Roe Female. Though it's true I've not seen any others besides myself.

The name I chose did actually get people to send me messages, usually entaling 'omg a true Roe name, what's it mean.' xD

Wydablyss Loefaenwyn

Willow Blossom, Daughter of Leaf Duck - According to the generator and what resources I could find online.