The RPC and the RP Server

Kylin

Besides' date=' unless they've got a 1.0 character that they're really invested in...[/quote']

Yeah, I may have legacy characters, but I'm one of many that didn't play very far in 1.0 due to the games decline/everyone leaving the LS I was in. My highest 1.0 character is 21. I plan to start over with a new character in ARR. I'm not in an active LS and I'm currently looking at a couple to possibly join down the road.

So while I might be "legacy", I'm just about as new as the next guy. But the RP community is pretty small. I know about a couple people here by reputation from past RP communities. I always thought of us as a group from game to game. Maybe that's elitist, I have no idea. I just think of us as a group with a similar goal and play style. I guess to those that have no interest in RP see that as elitist. *shrug*

Anyway, hopefully the upcoming poll will settle this down some and everyone can be happy wherever they play. I just want to enjoy the game and RP with some folks. :) I'm pretty easy to please.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that I've never told anyone that they cannot have an opinion of their own. I might not be able to completely understand your opinion, and I might even think it's not very well thought out, but your opinions are yours to have.

And if it's the elitist "top tier gear only" crowd you're really worried about, I guarantee the new servers have them within a month. You're not going to get rid of them completely, even on a server that has a lot of console players on it. Besides, unless they've got a 1.0 character that they're really invested in, I can't imagine them passing up the opportunity to play PVP on a server made up mostly of console players (whom they might feel are inferior, and easy to win against).

That's just my take on it, though. I'm just saying that, considering the nature of MMO's you shouldn't get your hopes up about having a server with very few elitist jerks, legacy or not.

I think people are missing my point. I'm not a moron. It's the Internet so there will always be everything everywhere. I don't give a shit about gear or who is what level. I made the shout comment to illustrate ambience or lack thereof. This is about new players and old players playing on what server.

Some people seem to think that learning a game and leveling up with friends is not important other people like myself feel differently.

The point of this thread is twofold. One to hopefully coordinate attention enough for Square to designate a non legacy server as a roleplay server and two to coordinate the roleplay community to minimize the dilution of players across multiple servers.

The purists want everyone on one server and other people who aren't FFXIV vets want a non legacy option. It is a valid and legitimate conversation to have. I still find it irritating that the folks with high level characters, multiple characters and tons of mmorpg experience are trying to dictate to new players where and how they play. It's arrogant.

And my arrogant comment is not directed at Averis who pointed out she didn't play much. It is a general statement about some people who think the roleplay community should only be on Balmung.

The purists want everyone on one server and other people who aren't FFXIV vets want a non legacy option. It is a valid and legitimate conversation to have. I still find it irritating that the folks with high level characters, multiple characters and tons of mmorpg experience are trying to dictate to new players where and how they play. It's arrogant.

And my arrogant comment is not directed at Averis who pointed out she didn't play much. It is a general statement about some people who think the roleplay community should only be on Balmung.

To quote Kylin, on his first post in this topic...

We recognize that there are some who simply do not want to join a Legacy server for their own reasons. While it pains many of us that we may not get to RP or interact personally with these individuals, we will continue to support them in their wishes if interest in this remains. As such, should we still hear nothing from SquareEnix by July 1st, we will hold a public poll on the RPC to allow non-Legacy RPers to select a secondary RP server.

I don't know what exactly it is that you are saying you want at this stage. We're already in support of and giving you this option. It was stated in the very first post in this now 150 post thread. It's now a header on every page of the RPC. You are getting your non-legacy option. We agree it is a valid and legitimate conversation, and we've had the conversation weeks ago and we agreed to make an official non-legacy server. Many would prefer to keep things on Balmung since it's always been on Balmung, but that's been our preference. Even so, we're opening up more options, and like I said, there are already other groups on other servers (Hyperion).

So I'm not sure what else it is that you want. It seems we're already giving it to you.

To quote Kylin, on his first post in this topic...

We recognize that there are some who simply do not want to join a Legacy server for their own reasons. While it pains many of us that we may not get to RP or interact personally with these individuals, we will continue to support them in their wishes if interest in this remains. As such, should we still hear nothing from SquareEnix by July 1st, we will hold a public poll on the RPC to allow non-Legacy RPers to select a secondary RP server.

I don't know what exactly it is that you are saying you want at this stage. We're already in support of and giving you this option. It was stated in the very first post in this now 150 post thread. It's now a header on every page of the RPC. You are getting your non-legacy option. We agree it is a valid and legitimate conversation, and we've had the conversation weeks ago and we agreed to make an official non-legacy server. Many would prefer to keep things on Balmung since it's always been on Balmung, but that's been our preference. Even so, we're opening up more options, and like I said, there are already other groups on other servers (Hyperion).

So I'm not sure what else it is that you want. It seems we're already giving it to you.

My first post on this website was on page 8 of this thread where several members of your own website were arguing about you so generously "giving" us the option.

You singling me about in such a condescending manner speaks volumes about the level of character around these parts.

Y'know...my patience is running low with regards to these kind of "discussions" that warrant passive-aggressive jabs from particular parties. This is a community. I suggest people start treating it as such and conduct themselves in a manner that someone would generally conduct themselves in any community. Or, go find another community that fits your needs.

With all due respect, jwhyrock, nobody here has hurled a single insult your way. Yet you have hurled more than one now. For literally no reason at all. And the only posts you've made on these forums thus far are in this thread, stirring up an already heated debate.

This thread has literally run its course. A vote is taking place Monday for those who want a unified secondary Rp server. There's nothing more to discuss. This whole topic right now is just circles over and over and over again. Thread locked.