Character music

Dogberry

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

GOgb1OOgKrM

The accuracy of this song for Liandri is just absolutely unreal. The lyrics, wohoho! I can't even fathom why this song exists aside from explaining my whole character.

And obligatory 'fite me get rekt' music:

Yr8tgjtSpQ8

I'm still a bit new, but I was listening to this when Chacha was dorking around in the Quicksand, and it definitely seems to fit him:

b1z4JfxFb6c

As for "fitan" music... he knows far more about how to make a sword than to swing one. His idea of fighting probably consists of him charging in wildly and doing blind slashes (or swings not unlike Young Ryu in Breath of Fire 3, if you're familiar with that. As such, I don't expect his battle music to be anything dramatic. Probably something like... I dunno, this:

7A6UZvMRvSE

Also, have a Joke Answer:

ZHReqKRvonE

dR3ccmWmLhk

This song basically sums up Koporo Aporo and his difficulty coping with the death of Natalie McBeef. The lyrics themselves are arranged in such a fashion as if Koporo were leaning on the words of his mother for advice, with very simple simile usage done with stereotypical southern wording. The Aesop of the song is that his broken heart will heal, but as an adult, the protagonist of the song (the son, or in this case, Koporo) needs to stop whimpering and "suck it up, son of mine."

It sounds cruel, but it is indicative of the way he was raised. He was always closer to his mom than his sister Jajara was, and I believe Cuideag will attest their mother wasn't the kindest or most subtle of caretakers.

Also, if anyone has ever met/seen Koporo, they know damn well IRL Koporo would be that guy in the music video. Minus the facial hair.

Wake up, son of mine

Momma got something to tell you

Changes come

Life will have its way

With your pride, son

Take it like a man

Hang on, son of mine

A storm is blowing up your horizon

Changes come

Keep your dignity

Take the high road

Take it like a man

Listen up, son of mine

Momma got something to tell you

All about growing pains

Life will pound away

Where the light don't shine, son

Take it like a man

Suck it up, son of mine

Thunder blowing up your horizon

Changes come (Changes come)

Keep your dignity (Keep your dignity)

Take the high road (Take the high road)

Take it like a man (Take it like a man)

Momma said like the rain (This, too, shall pass)

Like a kidney stone (This, too, shall pass)

It's just a broken heart, son

This pain will pass away

l6eSksEp27U

If you guys ever wanted a song for Koporo when he was living in the Sagoli, hunting literally everything that moved and subsequently eating it, here you go.

And yes, they used this for Borderlands 2. I find the theme songs for that series fit well with Koporo's story.

I can't see where you comin' from

But I know just what you runnin' from:

And what matters ain't the "who's baddest" but

The ones who stop you fallin' from your ladder, baby

And you feel like you feelin' now

And doin' things just to please your crowd,

When I love you like the way I love you,

And I suffer, but I ain't gonna cut you 'cause

This ain't no place for no hero.

This ain't no place for no better man.

This ain't no place for no hero

To call "home."

To call "home."

Every time I close my eyes, I think,

I think about you inside,

And your mother, givin' up on askin' why -

Why you lie, and you cheat, and you try to make

A fool outta she...

I can't see where you comin' from,

But I know just what you're runnin' from.

And what matters ain't the "who's baddest," but the

Ones who stop you fallin' from your ladder, 'cause

To call "home."

• 1 month later...

Considering how much Hohoyoho is developing despite being a throw-away NPC I made (using Chachan in a pirate costume), I suppose he's due his own character music. Currently I'm thinking this one, but it may change as I get a better feel for him as a character:

akQbLWmdS4A

I'm on mobile again, so please forgive typos or oddly placed words.

Umi's main inspiration song is "lies" by Chvrches.

81RqEnvczV8

Odile's song is mostly instrumental after the quick monolog; "TheTree's" By Max Richter.

-5chQcTBZfw

I posted in here a lot already, but seeing as most of those characters don't exist anymore, I figure I may as well just revamp everything. Plus, I need the real version of If I Could Fly for Kell to match with his new outfit and slightly more assured demeanor... and not only that but since I have my faves from other places I figure I'll add them as well.

So most likely gonna spoiler everything because it's gonna be a biiiiiiiiiiiiig post.

9mFvI2wjg7Y

Helloween - If I Could Fly (original) - Formerly using the Unarmed version, which is mostly accoustic and wistful. This is a bit heavier without upping the tempo. I figure if I'm running around in a Phlegeton Harness I can't really have the unarmed version anymore.

We Guilty Now

uNxirSf0Yhk

Daisuke Ishiwatari - The Spider's Thread (Do You Know?) (GGXRD) - I went with the most recent version of that particular theme because I think Still In The Dark is too awesome to be wasted on Kell, but more importantly, I feel it accurately conveys the fact that if Kell actually initiates an armed conflict, it means something. He's a pacifist at heart, really.

MY MUSIBONER FOR RYUJI SASAI WILL NEVER, EVER END. GOING ON STRONG FOR 20 YEARS AND I WISH I WAS FUCKING JOKING

A9vrVr-Cq54

... Ryuji Sasai - The Flame and the Arrow - While I'm hesitant on using any of the Overmap/Boss Battle themes from RnH since they're essentially the same track tailored to the character and their scenario (Sion's feels cruisin' and bruisin', Surlent starts off slow then just never stops blowing your mind, Riza's feels like undertaking an important save-the-world quest, and Dune's feels like a last character theme) but in this case, and especially for this category, I'll eschew my hesitation and straight up nominate Flame and the Arrow. I don't like to think of Kell as a bruiser. He uses bruiser-like techniques and isn't very sophisticated in battle, but outside of it he's as sweet as can be, and his desire to help is genuine, mirroring Riza's quest to purify the air and waters of the world. Of course, her quest is written out for her, while Kell's... is far from written out for him.

Because I'm a fuckin' idiot and I want a theme for when Kell is Monkin'

XdJxV28u5Wc

T.Kajino, Shun, Oyaji - Mexico - Since my inspiration behind Kell's pugilisting/monking is kungfu mixed with lucha libre, I figured that using an upbeat track representing the home of the second discipline would be appropriate, moreso that it has elements of spaghetti western in the 16 bit whistling sound, and Kell's always been a wanderin' buffoon.

Cwinuwil is made, check out a post further in this thread for more details.

I've been musing over songs that fit Chachan now that he's fleshed out more as a character... there's a couple that slip my mind at the moment, but this one seems to work. Both in regards to what he needs to and tries to do for himself, and what he tries to do for others.

Um... be forewarned, though, the official music video I'm linking here has quite a few folks in their smallclothes. :blush:

oKsxPW6i3pM