Character music

Dogberry

Don't normally associate my characters with music, but I liked the idea. I couldn't really think of anything for Endemerrin at first, but then I remembered this.

C-6CrK6deWo

Too much cheeseyness? Maybe. But Endemerrin definitely channels his inner kamina on a daily basis~

Aww yis. Now to just find some giant drills to attach to my Magitek Armor...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to associate all of my characters with music.  I have two main pieces I've been really drawn to for Lia, so here they are:

j6z-H3_hgEU

aECjWjsz_Ow

The second song was actually written in memory of Superchick's drummer, who died of cancer.  The song references a Polish Catholic Priest who willingly volunteered to die in place of a Polish Soldier in a Nazi Concentration camp.

Normally, I'm not into the whole 'character theme' shenanigans. Then I found this song. And it was too perfect. Because...

[align=center]...Banjos.[/align]

[video=youtube]

It's campy, but clever, profoundly deep, with a playful face, and rather romantic, in the more traditional use of the word. Perfect song for a rambling troublemaker. I don't think anything better fits, in both tone and lyrics, what I was going for.

[align=center]But hold me fast, hold me fast,

Cos I'm a hopeless wanderer[/align]

So I'm just gonna kinda copy/pasta the post I did for the 'Adding Atmosphere to Your Character' thread on to here since they are similar. Spam ALL the threads! xD

[align=center]rFEZotg8DtU [/align]

I've no doubt that there is at LEAST one person who could bring justice to this song with their character xD Wouldn't be surprised if someone already chose this song actually, didn't see ALL of the song choices here! Then again, the songs I've listened to that have been chosen are all epic in their own way, aye? Too much epic in one place :P I guess I'll call dibs IF Tobias could ever hold a candle up to the sheer awesomeness which is Clint Mansell's Lux Aeterna xD /fanboy

I wanted Y'raja to have a theme song that invoked feelings of either traveling or storytelling... So I eventually ended up choosing this. It was just so appropriate. It totally sounds like the kind of song I could imagine her singing collaboratively with other bards. (Actually, most of Y'raja's "life soundtrack" would probably consist of Abney Park songs. I love them.)

Bnv6P2cVq1Y

For Astrid, her theme song is heavily tied to her past (and the secrets she's keeping in regards to it). The most I can say is that she has issues with bloodlust, but at the same time, she won't let that stop her from doing anything she can to protect others.

E0DaEIQeySk

This song... it fits Fen almost perfectly. Like... seriously, spot on. Fen puts on sort of a front, most of the time, and tends to be kinda odd to people, and wavers between wanting to live up to the expectations he feels he has as an Ala Mhigan and wanting to be his own person and set his own expectations. To explain any further would one: be spoilers for the character, and two: take another paragraph.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXvu_YMQjw

Additionally, this is a pretty good song for him, too...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP8TAvQetyo

Once again, sorta addressing his identity crisis. He just sort of goes about on his way, not sure who or what to believe in, and fearing that he may not be of use to anyone.

Bah! Character music is always so hard for me because it's difficult to find a single song that all around grasps a character. So I'm gonna have to pick 3 heh. The first being the "overall" theme song, I also picture this being what Caleb would sound like if he were to sing.

The Next two are more "Battle" themed songs, but still can be applied to an overall theme.

Normally, I'm not into the whole 'character theme' shenanigans. Then I found this song. And it was too perfect. Because...

[align=center]...Banjos.[/align]

[video=youtube]

It's campy, but clever, profoundly deep, with a playful face, and rather romantic, in the more traditional use of the word. Perfect song for a rambling troublemaker. I don't think anything better fits, in both tone and lyrics, what I was going for.

[align=center]But hold me fast, hold me fast,

Cos I'm a hopeless wanderer[/align]

Man, how long have you been here! Righteous.

This song is also awesome.

I tried to find something awesome and fitting, maybe some metal song with a good beat and lyrics that worked.

Instead I had to be honest and I came up with this.

B_RNAoBlUIo

The really sad thing is the imagery of this video helps cement just how weird Ali is too.

I feel so ashamed.

But on the bright side, I did find a suitable "Ali in combat" theme that should make up for it.

S9mQQpBGCz4

Man, how long have you been here! Righteous.

This song is also awesome.

Well, since September 2013, of course. Someone needs to learn to read~

And it is. In fact the band is awesome, I get the feeling you'd appreciate their stuff. I'd stretch so far to say they're the only thing playing on the radio that isn't bloody horrible. Give the rest of their album a listen~

Vegeta's impressive singing chops aside, I'll make a serious post this time. 

Teveriel Andouinne:

8rdEarA6zPA

"My released wings scatter my wishes

Towards this destroyed world, to a sky full of prayers

The cracked moon's spiral is reflected in these eyes

My tracing finger struggles to find the place

Embracing this journey, my skin twists with fever

Like a deep desire, my chest tightens again

My released wings scatter my wishes

Towards this destroyed world, to a sky full of prayers

In the night's abyss, a blooming flower presses against my ears

My sighs pile up in the noises of the city

Even now that day is blurry and lost in my memory

This must have run out, the pain was replaced by a scar

With my temporary wings I flap at the light of life

Against my punishment, I direct my feelings towards you

My blood soaked wings rise and become the wind

A thousand wishes smash and soar towards the sky

With my temporary wings I flap at the lamplight of life

Against my punishment, I direct my feelings towards you"

0-cjtEvNlgA

Bah! Character music is always so hard for me because it's difficult to find a single song that all around grasps a character. So I'm gonna have to pick 3 heh. The first being the "overall" theme song, I also picture this being what Caleb would sound like if he were to sing.

The Next two are more "Battle" themed songs, but still can be applied to an overall theme.

-.-

you know what you did

-.-

*shakes fist*

I have to add this as second theme song for Y'raja, because I suddenly remembered it a moment ago. This is totally her with relationships (especially the bridge). :lol:

p7bDv4lWzQQ

I could have sworn I posted in here before. (Nvm, found it, it was another thread~) I need lyrics so hard. Anyhoo, Darien's themes are so much more solid than they were back then.

[video=youtube]

Of course, it might make more sense if he was actually the competition type, but it's more metaphorical. And "Give 'em hell" is D all over. Plus it encompasses a lot of the personality he doesn't remember he used to have.

[video=youtube]

Why do my characters keep coming back to this song? BREAK THEM.

NSFW BELOW (for lyrics, not boobs) and pretty damn offensive for anyone at all capable of being offended~

[video=youtube]

EheheheheHAHAHA! And that's why he doesn't do competitions.

Tiergan's Theme

Lhv_yFMuwxs

Before I die alone

Let me have vengeance

Before I die alone

I will have vengeance

(repeat)

Before I die alone

Before my time has gone

There's just one thing I have to do

Before the fire and stone

Before your world is gone

Have you some patience

Cuz I will have my vengeance

Before I die alone

Let me have vengeance

Before my time has gone

I will have vengeance

(repeat)

Before I die alone

Let me have vengeance

I will have my vengeance

Before your world is gone

Before the fire and stone

Have you some patience

Cuz I will have my vengeance

Before I die alone

Before my time has gone

Let me have vengeance

I will have vengeance

I will have vengeance

Lurial's Theme

yoj2I6ZJLx8

The lyrics are actually pretty horribly written. (Who uses the word 'said' three times in a row?)  But I like the feel it evokes.  Mainly from the lady's singing part.

I know

To be there

When and where

I'll be there

You know

Whats to be said

It's said out loud

But never said

A premonition of the words

Comes

To me

A sign