Character music

Dogberry

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man the only people I can think of in terms of songs are the characters I've not RPed with.

So, in short, everyone but Kellach lolz.

Oblivion Leaf

As someone who was born under a very grim fate (Oblivion is actually a given name as her actual Roe name would translate into something else that's somehow worse - Oblivion is similar, however) to the point where she believes she shares a special relationship with Thal and his realm. Since nothing I really listen to fits her, here's what I'd use (just... replace any mention of Spinal with Thal and it fits, really)

jdovlP7uwDw

Aurimont Balzac

Forget what I put before, this is the one that fits him a bit more. Gratuitous French because Elezen + fits more his Duskwight Gladiator esthetic + song about the obligations of fitting in a society you hate everything about.

To be honest, this is so fucking obscure I really thought I couldn't find it on Youtube.

BY729vt4bY8

• 2 weeks later...

Every time Edgar does a Frontline battle with the Maelstrom...

ugx48uvvURc

The King and his men

stole the Queen from her bed

and bound her in her bones

the seas be ours and by the powers

where we will we'll roam

Yo ho, all hands

Hoist the colours high

Heave ho, thieves and beggars

Never shall we die

This, because it reminds me of Southern Thanalan, my story is taking me that way, and because we (my musical group) have been rehearsing this song for two weeks for our little show at the art collective.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEL-aVa_irk

"This video is not available in your country."

:(

This, because it reminds me of Southern Thanalan, my story is taking me that way, and because we (my musical group) have been rehearsing this song for two weeks for our little show at the art collective.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEL-aVa_irk

"This video is not available in your country."

:(

Try this one.

[video=youtube]

• 2 weeks later...

_05rnEnexM4

For Jilan. Stylistically, it's more fitting for someone hailing from Thanalan rather than the Shroud, but it's the best song I know for general themes of not being able to return to one's home and holding on to one's culture.

zDX0TZ3Kca4

For Autriche, probably Lifetime of Adventure by Tuomas Holopainen.

I don't normally use music to get IC, per se, but looking at this I was struck by the thought of Ghost Towns Along the Highway, by John Mellencamp. It's a decidedly more melancholy approach to Averill's reasons for living on the road:

loUPLSqYYms

EDIT - After a particularly emotionally charged scene, I've come to apply this song to some of Averill's darker moments:

P8Tkqln-l4s

• 2 weeks later...

Ryoko's personality is hard for me to fit a song to, mostly because I'm a metal-head to the core and Ryoko's not a very metal character. Still, I think I have one which fits her life fairly well. 

IN2S_OiPAlY

Lyrics here on the off-chance you're interested. The idea here being that Ryoko is, at this point, still very innocent and care-free. She's under the impression that she's setting out into a bright tomorrow. What she'll quickly find out, though, is that she's been sheltered her whole life from a world which is locked in a bitter war, consumed by chaos, and on the brink of destruction. It's probably only a matter of time before that sweet, young girl from the woods loses her innocence. 

On a side note, whenever I'm building a character for anything, I make heavy use of this soundtrack. 

F505EWB8DPA

I love it because aside from being some of the finest 8-bit music ever composed, it also contains a song for every human emotion imaginable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Main Alt - Sigyn Bloebloud (Sea Wolf Roegadyn, Conjurer)

[url=

][/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfH8OT7xW4

That takes me back... back to roughly November of 2008, if I recall correctly. I really miss the feeling of magic and wonder I used to get from that game... Anyway, the nickelharpa is such a superb instrument, I really wish more games would make use of it. 

This is the song I've actually listened to a couple of times while writing Ryoko's new (retcon'd) wiki: 

Yxt9iv1fyRI

And this was the inspiration for her, pre-retcon 

Ndl10rOpOu4

edit: Wow, I already posted in this thread. On the previous page, even. Did not remember doing that...