Character music

Dogberry

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the two characters I have personalities for at the moment... The first is for my Mi'quote, Rheya Tayuum. This isn't quite perfect, and will probably change as she grows as a character. But for where she's starting at, it's got the feel quite nicely. As well as being an awesome piece of music.

Gc7ij2hm9I0

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't get my silly browser to let me put two videos into one post! For the second, it was a hard, hard choice. Helfric Steele has a lot of influences, and picking the one that stands out the most is nigh unto impossible. Start with just about anything from the Skyrim soundtrack and you've got a great starting point. Wander through Two Steps From Hell's library and you've got so many choices it makes my head spin. Seth Lakeman nearly made the cut, and the video for "The Hurlers" was my #2 choice for him. However, I had to take a page from his soldier days and go with Heather Alexander's March of Cambreadth. It's only fitting since he's going to end up a Paladin and this is the attitude that they've got.

eCrnF844_ww

I'm a little daunted looking at everyone else's entries since I think the kind of stuff I listen to is waaaaaaay out of most everyone's genre (that's not being hipster, that's me admitting to having strange taste). Anyway I think if this were like a old Final Fantasy and I needed a theme whenever the scene was focused on 'Tarin, I'd probably have them play this:

VXSFFqhiXT8

Then if there was one of those wonderful vocal albums where the characters sing songs in-character, I'd have a hard time choosing between:

tWonjACmJT0

And:

iFFUArtvhfc

And, finally, since it's such a big part of his character, a special theme for those times when he's reading (or re-reading) a letter from home:

UScukq3RFc4

NFYIiqUa3Qw

The Bailey Hound's cover of the Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera. Kind of has that bluesy feel that I think Dogberry would be a big fan of if it existed in Eorzea.

opyVdN8GZtc

And then original for when the adrenaline kicks in and the punching begins.

2z0LoC7sh2s

For when Dogberry picks up a spear again. I move to make this song the song the anthem for Dragoons.

I don't generally think of a single song as a theme song, but Swift's working towards being a ninja (before it's in game, yep) in concept in my mind. So as a pugilist I kind of think of him with a quiet, philosopher's heart but also quick to take action in the blink of an eye when needed.

So I'm selecting another great Squaresoft song for his "theme."

PZ595N9NZVg

However, this is a song I think I may take as one that he learned and sometimes will sing by the campfire.

ikJQoPXYnLo

And I'm sharing this one simply because :P

lDbt04y7Iuw

I'll post - mainly because I disagree with what some people have said. Music can,is, and should be a rich part of a character. As far as Kat goes? Music is as much a part of her as anything else. Not to mention I can hear all of this in Ul'Dah. In fact, I think I'll post the following under my character profile as well.

I love this song, and was happy I found someone spinning to it because I can see Kat doing this.

I2X43bvPXjo

More gypsy belly dancing fun

Eg9fQ4Lfg2k

And finally - because I love this song abd think she's very Kat-esque

Ceco7cPm_WM

• 2 weeks later...

Came on shuffle while I was picking up corpses for a quest in the middle of the night as Abodo Po. I know it's a cover, but this version's sound fits better. Lyrics have nothing to do with the character, but the vibe is spot on.

E1QMlBwjIDE So this song I feel is just an over all great Brave song ><  But I'm also a sucker for Chronicles of the Heroic Knight =P

OBk3ynRbtsw And this song is just Brave being mopey about Sanguine ><0jx-hsKfRg0 This is sort of a persistence song.  I'd liken it to hearing the Incredible Hulk ending theme from the 80s >.>8TzCLpgbJ_g And I would rather have a more "classical" themed fight song for Brave >< But I just can't get past the lyrics of this song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice songs everyone!  Fricking you tube took down my main theme >< but this video has been around for 6 years so hopefully it's not going anywhere lol.  I'm putting the translation up too.

ux90A4YDLdo

Thedark night sky separates us

To lay bare our hearts as they call out to each other

Cast off your useless trappings

Some things can only be seen 

When you've lost everything

Oh wind, I will stand and face you!

I will go to the sea of anguish

though bonds cut my chest

and the crushing waves are endless

(Yeah yeah yeah, Hey hey hey hey hey)

What does everyone seek by fighting?

Does spilled blood cause flowers to bloom?

Until the precious tomorrow is in my hands...

Until the day we meet...

Oh wind, I will stand and face you!

I will go and head for the brilliance.

Embracing prayer to my heart,

I wander the seemingly dark future.

[instrumental/Chanting]

Oh wind, I am not afraid!

Love is the miracle I have found!

It's my joy to believe in you

The storm blows so that we might realize [our] love