Character music

Dogberry

B'jaern battle music

stdqPT8LvTg

Some Pillows Little Busters never hurt anyone, B'jaern & Montari troublemaking music :D

V4pE2EH4Pzs

B'jaern & Montari working hard, crafting music and running around doing the courier thing in Gridania (fast motion montage music):chocobo:

Wwac6mRHF2A

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Freaking love this thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has themes and such in their head while playing or with their character in mind ! Plus thanks OP totally forgot about mastodon lol.

For Judeau it's a mixture of different things as of late a lot of orchestral here's a bit:

A73MiKM1wvg  

7aXk8jB4iIc

eM6kZB2XBmI

R_YAb4kp3Qo

Ah! what a fun idea for a thread. Music helps really create a sense of who a character is I think. It's also just fun to see what everyone's musical tastes are and to discover new music I might not've known about before :D 

When first browsing, a song immediately sprang to mind for my still unnamed main. I've definitely got her personality worked out, its just the shell she's going to go into that i'm still undecided on.

But anyroad, here's the song I instantly thought of for her.

49vGlSyf05A

Ah! what a fun idea for a thread. Music helps really create a sense of who a character is I think. It's also just fun to see what everyone's musical tastes are and to discover new music I might not've known about before :D 

When first browsing, a song immediately sprang to mind for my still unnamed main. I've definitely got her personality worked out, its just the shell she's going to go into that i'm still undecided on.

49vGlSyf05A

Wow, thanks for introducing that, lil pink thing :P. Went right over to iTunes and picked it up :thumbsup:

49vGlSyf05A

Wow, thanks for introducing that, lil pink thing :P.  Went right over to iTunes and picked it up :thumbsup:

omg totally! most welcome :moogle:

I would def recommend her whole album, it's one of my favs! :love:

Working on T'sal there are a few very different songs that flitter across my mind as I go... Here are 3 that have been the most prominent today as I finished his wiki(which I'd love some feedback on, but I'll tentatively inquire about that elsewhere I guess.)

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/PyJ4zI7VH2g

(Yes, I know that is a piccolo, but I couldn't find a flute version of it. It's the tone/feel/nature of the music... :P)

[video=youtube]

(This EXACTLY the type of music he would play sitting at his window-seat looking at the stars.)

Songs for Astrid were really hard to find. Geez...

Anyway, this is some traveling music for Astrid. Maybe sparring/training music, too.

GQZ4nQndFUs

And I've always loved how Merry-Go-Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle has sounded, and it is an appropriately named track. It contains a multitude of moods. It sounds sad, whimsical, hopeful, and passionate all at once. It reminds me of adventure, but it also makes me think of playful banter with another character (something Astrid will engage in a LOT), as well as the occasional sorrowful reflection.

31nOaXSeqSo

As for my Miqo'te that I'm currently still planning...

The lyrics are too cheesy for my tastes (and don't really apply to the character's personality), but the overall melody & instrumental composition? Simply beautiful. The score of this track is definitely something that captures the kind of vibe I want to have while RPing that char. (Fantastic game this is from, too. All my nostalgia feels!)

U2gNkkjM7J0

I sort of have a partially sappy song to represent my character Costia Demora but the words themselves fit her very well; I imagine this fit her feelings well @ the 'end'. Of course her 'love' would be less of a romantic one and more of a general love as I picture the words depicting her family. I also took the words in a past tense so when I chose this, I decided its something she lingers upon allot in her mind. Its how some of us take memories of those we lost and make them 'present' within our time and space.

UQmlzOW-CLY

I suppose I'll do this one more time. I'm bored. One song for each of my characters.

Eko Tenok 

hIFoQ4I.jpg

Uther Skystrider

Uther_8.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEBZiMb8-g

Wart Totonji

Wart7andahalf.jpg

And for some humor...

Eko Tenok (This one in particular fits amazingly well. Damn you, Phil Collins.)

Uther Skystrider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5UsVQS6hPs

This song brings to mind Seamus' feelings about family and camaraderie. His blood family did not care for him one way or another, but those he meets in his story... those are the ones he will always call home.

"We will not fall, because we have each other.

We will not fall, because we are brothers.

We will not fall, because we have love.

We will not fall, because we will rise above."

~Shinedown Pre-concert huddle chant

aaG5FT3hL2w

This next one also reminds me of the conflict within his story (Not posting details 'cuz we all be hatin' dem spoilers, yo!). It carries forward throughout the 'gameplay rp' and story progression I have planned for him, too.

OoHGZFyMCHU

(Also, this is possibly the best music video I've ever seen. xD )

• 2 weeks later...

So I've pretty much scrapped the alt I was playing, and came up with another, one that fits with my initiative to write in-game songs that fit in that world. Of course, he had to be a bard, and he just happens to be a Gridanian.

ogqGrE6lcaE

Is this not the perfect song for a Gridanian bard?

KsvUB6_Xjno

I'm not a redeemer, I'm not another saviour

Don't want to save your world, I would rather make it burn in flames

I spit on all the doves, your good intentions are masturbation

To hide a simple fact: you're scarred of your needs of violence

I am the new salvation

I am the voice screaming in your head

I have no compassion

I annihilate the smile on your face

--Eros Skye, The Black Mage--

• 3 weeks later...