Character music

Dogberry

Personally I don't thing characters -shouldn't- have musical themes, and I say the grander the better! :P

That being said, I have a couple that I identify Ren with for various reasons.

I always find it funny when people say this. "I don't think characters should have musical themes, but here is mines!!!"

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't thing characters -shouldn't- have musical themes, and I say the grander the better! :P

That being said, I have a couple that I identify Ren with for various reasons.

I always find it funny when people say this. "I don't think characters should have musical themes, but here is mines!!!"

Apart from the mistake of typing thing instead of think... please reread what I said :P

Ooooh I do like this thread, now let's see...

Ok first up, this theme is actually from Neir and not Dark Souls like the video claims.  However, I found it would a a fitting theme for Artorias when he's on an airship witnessing with his own eyes the horror and destruction Bahamut is causing to the troops below.  It has this nice depressing mood to it that one would find during a calamity.

ygS3ySYcFgA

This theme I'd reserve for a confrontation between Artorias and Mitari (my friend's character) when she finds out the truth behind her family's death.

iFCxA2uouDg

This one would be the last battle between Mitari's mother and Artorias when he encounters the Miqo'te during one of the Empire's "cleansing" missions.

jmVDVTEYcD0

This one I think would be a typical Empire invasion theme for Artorias, especially when he is on an Airship heading for Eorzea(my allusion to the Red Wings from FF4).

nDgEaq9qAyc

I'm never very good at coming up with music for my characters, but I'll give it a shot.

Deitrych:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIk6Ra2nhw

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF2DZHpVBUE

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMggr8DTbWs

Zirn I'm not too sure about. I'd be tempted to throw in some Pirates of the Caribbean, maybe some Metallica. I'll have to give it more of a ponder.

Osx9Leg.jpg

Figured I would post again for my new character: Eko Tenok. My music for this ol' Tarzan wannabe would have to be this nice, soothing tune. (Unless he's actively killing things, then I'd have to find something else.)

While I don't assign themes to any of my characters, I do enjoy listening to Cohen's Scherzo sometimes, when I need to get into the correct state of mind. There are other songs as well, but this one is the first I thought of. Pairbond, below, also does a good job of summarizing Kevaraan's relationship in more than one way. in terms of lyrical music, this cover of Losing My Religion fits well, although I don't listen much to the actual band. Finally, here's another song I've been listening to a lot while waiting for release:

IE1OPUE4e3I

fYW9GVDb4Pk

qUIhmy-HvcA

qnn_UKKNv5c