General questions in world transfer for RP

Lumy

Hello, I'd like to ask a few questions on server transfer. I'm currently on Zodiark, as it was the suggested server presented to me for character creation, but it seems I should have done a bit of searching arou d before creating the character, as Omega seems to be the EU server of choice for RP.

So I am wondering if I should transfer my account. A few things to take in notice :

1. I'm currently on a trial version but I have already committed and bought the game, just not activated it yet. Also not sure if I will have to pay the subscription as soon as I activate my game key.

2. I've been hearing something about a free transfer period because of the server expansions. Is this offer still going on this week? Until when will it last? And do I have to a tovate my account to transfer my character?

Thank you all in advance for your answers, the help is appreciated.

1. Depending on which version you purchased, you may have 30 days of game time included. 

2.The free transfer period for EU sadly ended on the 16th of April. 

If you have any characters on NA, you can move them around until the 7th of May. You need to have an active account to be able to transfer. 

1. Both the basic and complete versions have 30 days of gametime free, only the Stormblood expansion and Shadowbringers don't come with a free month of sub. (at least to my knowledge) 

2. As Maril said, the EU free transfers are over, although since you are on a trial it won't be too much work making a new char on Omega unless you already reached the trial lvl cap of 35. But even in that case it won't be too much of a burden (done that before rerolling while on my trial after reaching lvl 27 😂). 

And on that note, I'm on Omega too, so feel free to hit me up if you want ☺️

One important thing to note.

If you got the exp bonus for creating a character on a "preferred world" there's a 90 day cooloff period where that character cannot be transferred. The same applies for characters transferred to preferred worlds as well. If you try to change your home world and it doesn't let you, then then is mostly likely the cause!

Thank you everyone for the information provided. It seems I'm in a little bit of a predicament, not sure what to do with my account. I really hope I don't have to wait 90 days to make a transfer and I certainly didn't want to star a new character from scratch just to be in Omega. I guess I'll need to think about what to do...

You could always use the World visit feature to come RP on Omega if you really don't want to reroll there. As I said, it isn't that much work to get back to the point you were at, especially since on a trial you can't get past lvl 35, so that would be the most work to do (I don't know how much you lvl'd up so far ^^). If you decide to try and reroll on Omega in the end, feel free to add me to your friends list (Jhuxohr Steelstorm). I could power you through some roulette queues as I like to tank (I know, I'm one of the weird fews xD) to help you speed things up if you want. ;)

They can't use the World Visit feature to get onto Omega.  After the EU data center expansion Zodiark and Omega ended up in different data centers.

The 90-day waiting period may or may not apply.  Zodiark was changed from a Preferred server to a Standard server on April 2.  Any characters created on Zodiark after that point will not have to deal with any 90-day waiting period.

I brainfarted, I was sure I saw Zodiark on Chaos the other day but evidently was simply thinking of the old single datacenter. 😅

Then it all depends on when Lumy first created the character. No free transfer, but still doable in case. 

Edited by UnidessGaming

It was after April 2, so I don't think I got the preferred status on Zodiard (which is good in my case). What I think I'll do is play the game a bit more in Zodiark and enjoy the trial until lv 35, and then activate my game code to unlock the full version. I bought the complete collection pack so I think I might get a 30-day free subscription period with it (still not 100% sure on that, will have to wait and see). Once I have that activated, I'll transfer over to Omega and start roleplaying. I will definitely add you to my friends list, UnidessGaming! :)

All in all the lesson to take is: do some research before creating a character in a payed MMO. XD