[Crystal DC] Character on Hold. Discord RP still available.

After some research I'm going to go forward with my own interpretations on the possibility of vampires in ffxiv.
Aether consumption being their bases, though they could get by on regular food it would leave them incredibly weakened to the point falling into dormancy for lengths of time. Age I am still deciding, I do however believe they not full immortal without magics assisting them however they would perhaps age incredibly slowly. Their abilities might be more powerful than the average mortal's but only if they had proper training and were consuming aether on a regular basis. 
Consuming aether being perhaps taken from creatures or peoples through a variety of means (this be discussed by those interested in RP with my OC). All of these points are open for discussion and alteration upon contacting me ^^ I will say I am going for a less, random meeting in a city or on the streets and more a happen upon him possibly in a state of dormancy? I am open to him being paired with a specific person or a group of people. I'm also open to simplistic plots and dark er more in depth plots, anything you can think of is open to discussion! I will warn that, until I can get a fantasia, he will start as discord only RP but migrate to in game over time.

If you wish to discuss this in length or are interested in rp feel free to contact me here or discord, if discord doesn't let you friend my, PM me here your discord tag and I'll try to friend you! Mine is Evil_Vixxen#0693

Basics:
Name: Edward Asgoth
Height: 5ft 9in
Build: Frail looking, short, kind of lanky but soft featured about the face

EDIT
I have in mind to not have him be met through the usual means, he being in a state of dormancy at the moment in some sort of ruins or wreckage beneath the sea. Not in water, but within a hidden area beneath the waters. Like an under water cave of sorts or something similar. Meaning to happen upon him one would need a background in exploring ancient ruins in some manner. Be you a scholar, treasure hunter or some other background to chance upon the lad. 

Also for those wishing eventual romantic interests, he is homosexual -> demisexual. Please keep this in mind.
END EDIT

He appears more or less as you see him in the following screenshot! 

Here's a screen shot of my OC.

ffxiv_08032019_002409_016.png

Edited by Vadi'a Voxhumi

Hi Vadi'a!

Im honestly not certain about 'vampires' in FFXIV in the sense we might typically think of them in typical folklore. If there -is- vampires in FFXIV, I imagine they would operate by feeding off aether stores kinda like voidsent? If there is actual lore, I'd love to know it. xD

• 2 months later...

There have been vampires within the Final Fantasy universe--the first and original game, but like the others I'm not sure if they're in FFXIV specifically. I'm in the same boat as you, with a vampire character in game, so if you want I'm open to discussing possible lore ideas! I like the idea that they feed off of aether as well. Maybe it can be speculated that they're a folktale given that they had vampire attire for one of the All Saints Wake events? Who knows.

Either way, if you want to share theories my discord is Blight#7030

Here're some lore snippets from in-game things as compiled by Sounsyy (link). Perhaps these will be of use! They certainly show that vampiric mythology exists.

Disclaimer: compiled in 2015, there are perhaps some missing newer snippets and flavortext that could be found in the game.

Not to bring an old topic back to life (huehuehue), but the term "vampire" and the mythology of human bloodsuckers does exist in lore, even if actual Spoken vampires may not. So using a term like "aether-vampire" could actually be used ICly if you desired, as scholars of aetherology interchange "life," "lifeblood," and "aether" quite frequently it wouldn't be much of a stretch, though these are more than likely going to fall under a voidsent classification by most naturalists and smallfolk, as by definition, denizens of the void are aether-starved, humour suckers.

Garlean Garlic: A pungent spice used to flavor many different varieties of dishes. It is also thought to ward off vampiric bats, but there is no evidence to substantiate that claim.

Vampiric Tapestry: Despite the fear-inducing moniker, this flying cephalopod neither sups on blood nor transforms into a bat. Rumors that it does not cast a shadow are unfounded, and all manner of stakes, from oak, to iron, to granite, to cermet, have been found effective in impaling this rather peaceful creature of the clouds.

Vampire Lampern: Just as its name implies, the vampire lampern is indeed a sucker of blood, using its multiple rows of teeth to latch onto its prey, whether it be sea or land creature, and bore a hole from which to drink.

Barbastelle: The vampire bat Barbastelle has many epithets, the only remotely flattering one being "the laird of Blind Iron Mines." While cattle mutilations are hardly any one creature's domain, experts are united in the view that the infamous mass draining of the herd at Red Rooster Stead - the so called "Big Gulp" - is the work of Barbastelle.

Wulgaru: Wulgaru, the false tree. Not a few poachers have vanished after being bound overnight to these vampiric man-eaters by unsuspecting Wood Wailers. The Wulgaru is also drawn by noise and commotion, breaking its arboreal disguise to feast on the blood of its favorite prey: man. In other words, go quietly and fight stealthily, adventurer. If a tree comes alive in the forest, you're not likely to notice until too late.

Choke Hold: Since Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre hosted a performance of Dusk, the tale of a lovelorn maiden forced to choose between a walking corpse and a nightwolf, chokers like the one worn by the play's moody heroine have been flying off the shelves. Ever sensitive to the needs of their customers, Black Rabbit Traders seek skilled leatherworkers to assist them in supplying the spiraling demand.