Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read

Hmmm.....you know I really like Vaschies idea.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

Let me know what you guys who are playing on Gilgamesh think about this.

Sounds great to me. As someone new to this RPing thing, I think this would help my kind (lol) to make that big step and help us get to know all the other RPs on the server. I'd be more then willing to help to set up this event.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of rp communities tend to respond very well to frequent scheduled meet ups, such as every Tuesday at the same time same place. That way everyone knows where and when and the news spreads easily " oh yeah there's the weekly meet at xxxxxx ".

Looking forward to getting in on Gilgamesh, crafting rp is definitly a focus for me and hearing about the housing features I'm even more interested.

While weekly meetups are amazing, having helped run some of them in other games I'll note that if you want it to be scheduled weekly you probably want more than one person to be involved running the event. Life happens, and missing a week or two is self-perpetuating. 

"Well, last week I was already busy and had to cancel. Well, this week is pretty busy and another won't hurt. Well, we missed two weeks so how about we just turn this into a month hiatus. Well we haven't done it in a month, they seem to be doing fine without it and I needed to work on [x] anyway."

I'd suggest starting out with a monthly event initially, build up the core format and a small group of people to run and assist running the event and then arrange who is "on point" each session ahead of time as you move towards a weekly rotation so that even if the 'founder' isn't there, the event can still run smoothly. 

The second note I'll make is that if you are running the event that has to be your primary concern. What I mean is that I've seen large group events where the people running the group got involved in their own RP (and who can blame them for wanting to) but while they did that the entire nature of the event changed around them or completely dissolved because there was no engaged and guiding hand behind it anymore. A good host/hostess is partly there to make sure people show up, but at least as important is the function of smoothing the social interaction of people with different personalities, goals, tolerance thresholds, and ideas of what's acceptable. 

Not trying to tell you what to do or discourage it. The idea is a great one and I'll try to swing by if it takes off :)

i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!

I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?

Oh yea for every one i for there is some people out there that solo rp.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

If you like to do this for phase 4 then i would suggest waiting one week after phase 4. To give time for the new payers and beta testers time get their air pass. Since Ul 'Dah is like the place to be i think the event should be there. all so i will be there in the gilgamesh sever come phase 4.

i think this is a great idea. Keep up the good work.

i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!

I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?

Oh yea for every one i for there is some people out there that solo rp.

If you like to do this for phase 4 then i would suggest waiting one week after phase 4. To give time for the new payers and beta testers time get their air pass. Since Ul 'Dah is like the place to be i think the event should be there. all so i will be there in the gilgamesh sever come phase 4.

This? No I'd like to do this during the week of official launch. but we can do something during phase 4.

This? No I'd like to do this during the week of official launch. but we can do something during phase 4.

It would probably be a good idea to hold this after official launch, that way we get the most participants possible. And it would be a great way to promote Gilgamesh as one of the Non-Legacy RP servers.

If you guys want to do an Open Beta (Beta 4), I suggest a crafting/shopping meet-and-greet oriented event to jumpstart the economy.

It would probably be a good idea to hold this after official launch, that way we get the most participants possible. And it would be a great way to promote Gilgamesh as one of the Non-Legacy RP servers.

If you guys want to do an Open Beta (Beta 4), I suggest a crafting/shopping meet-and-greet oriented event to jumpstart the economy.

ah this is a great idea! we could do this.

I like this idea! Perhaps the Silver Anvil can help with this? Hint hint?

Silver Anvil needs more members before it can help with anything! :o

So far it's got 2 and a half (I count as half because I still haven't figured out what I'm doing with all my characters o_o).

Would be a good idea though.

I'll be rolling one of my characters (Lalafel - Dunesfolk!) on Gilgamesh who will end up being a Whm/Weaver in a nutshell, from the sounds if it if Silver Anvil is a 'crafting guild' I'll have to look into them more. :D

Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

What do you all think of this and if you like the idea any suggestions for names of the linkshell would be appreciated!

That is a very good initial start Rock, I might also suggest maybe an IC Linkshell for RP when not around physically. It can help for those that want a little rp fix while leveling.

Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

What do you all think of this and if you like the idea any suggestions for names of the linkshell would be appreciated!

That is a very good initial start Rock, I might also suggest maybe an IC Linkshell for RP when not around physically. It can help for those that want a little rp fix while leveling.

I think both ideas are good ones. Never a bad thing to have more options. As for names hmm. The break room? Lol

I think both ideas are good ones. Never a bad thing to have more options. As for names hmm. The break room? Lol

I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

You can have multiple Linkshells, like up to six maybe? Maybe more?

I had one for my Guild and had one for another group I frequently partied with.

They just act like chat channels, really.

I'd wear my RPC Linkshell proud right next to my Free Companies Linkshell for sure.

You can have multiple Linkshells, like up to six maybe? Maybe more?

I had one for my Guild and had one for another group I frequently partied with.

They just act like chat channels, really.

I'd wear my RPC Linkshell proud right next to my Free Companies Linkshell for sure.

Cool cool, so, names of these IC and OOC linkshells?

I believe a player can have:

5 Linkshells

1 Free Company

Correct me if I'm wrong, just stating what I've heard. :D

Ah hello! Got any ideas for an ic and ooc linkshells? And what do you think of the events that were discussed, any suggestions?

I think it's a great idea! I look forward to participating.

*gets down on his knees wiping a tear from his eye*

YES, thank you! I shall hope you bring along your crafting goodness!

Name wise, perhaps something simple? Coalition RP and Coalition OOC? or Gilgamesh RP and Gilgamesh OOC.

Really obvious names like that can work as advertising for players who may not know about this website. They'd see a character with a linkshell that says something like gilgamesh RP and that tips them off to the community?

I don't know, that's a toss up on if you can actually see what linkshells someone has equipped. 

But if you can, choosing obscure or very 'IC' style names would work but nobody looking for rp as an outsider would have any idea. 

Just some thoughts. (IC names could be nice too)

Name wise, perhaps something simple? Coalition RP and Coalition OOC? or Gilgamesh RP and Gilgamesh OOC.

Really obvious names like that can work as advertising for players who may not know about this website. They'd see a character with a linkshell that says something like gilgamesh RP and that tips them off to the community?

I don't know, that's a toss up on if you can actually see what linkshells someone has equipped. 

But if you can, choosing obscure or very 'IC' style names would work but nobody looking for rp as an outsider would have any idea. 

Just some thoughts. (IC names could be nice too)

Coalition RP or Coalition IC also works

Any other suggestions?

Of course I'm sure that upon once joining the OOC linkshell they will be directed to the IC Linkshell so maybe that name can be something more "IC" so to speak.

Thoughts? Maybe the IC name can be something that reflects unity. Idk, anyway keep them coming!

And lurkers I want your opinions too! Don't you stand there not saying anything! You and you too! *looks at you, yeah you* Ideas please!

Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.

I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.

Anything is fine, I'm hunting all information I can about the buggers.

Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.

I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.

Anything is fine, I'm hunting all information I can about the buggers.

I've found this site to be a great resource of course if anyone has something better please list it

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn_Naming_Conventions