Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness I have to give a special shoutout to the guild Eden for participating in their first rp lesson today. It was impromptu, funny and the ones who participated did very well for their first time.  Like I said, we are going to be drawing a lot of lurkers. I noticed a crowd watching a roleplay session I was having inside of the Quicksand and one of them said "This is better than daytime soap operas". So I said what the hell and said "Perhaps next time you can participate ?". Well he got the courage to join in and it was funny. His character had some whiskey Amaare got him and he got drunk. Then a few others joined in with him. Then his friend joined in and served as a waiter. He got Amaare some (what he called)KFC which was a live Chocobo hatchling. Amaare told him "I can't eat this, its too cute to eat!", and he told Amaare "This is KFC style sir, I can guarantee its fried". Amaare replied "Fried fresh and alive? I don't know what this KFC is, but I don't think I want it anymore". lol

Teach these kids, be patient with them and show them the way, gently. They enjoyed it and so did I and I told them if they want to try it out again to hit me up in phase four. Remember most of our roleplayers are going to come from those new to doing it. Lets make their first experience a great one guys! We don't have the luxury of a big pool of rpers like Balmung will, so we have to work hard to build this up ourselves.

To roleplaying the pastime we all love!

Hey Rock,

I'm planning on splitting my time between Balmung and Gilgamesh. I was wondering if you may be thinking of creating and IC skype chat channel like Balmung has Sililoquy. Would give ppl rolling on Gilgamesh something to do while we wait for phase 4 and launch as well as give new ppl a chance to try out their rping and characters. 

You could open up a bar/tavern like Silioquy or some kind of inn. Would definitely like to see this happen and would very much like to join in as an employee of some kind with my Gilgamesh characters.

Hey Rock,

I'm planning on splitting my time between Balmung and Gilgamesh. I was wondering if you may be thinking of creating and IC skype chat channel like Balmung has Sililoquy. Would give ppl rolling on Gilgamesh something to do while we wait for phase 4 and launch as well as give new ppl a chance to try out their rping and characters. 

You could open up a bar/tavern like Silioquy or some kind of inn. Would definitely like to see this happen and would very much like to join in as an employee of some kind with my Gilgamesh characters.

If you think something like that is a good idea go on ahead and get it started. The more good ideas implemented by you guys the better. Please don't see me as the head of this or anything. You don't need my approval. Proactivity from all of us will make it better for us all. I'd love to see everyone start their own projects.

Hey Rock,

I would totally be apart of this. Just saying, I would love to meet the people I would be playing with.

Alright cool!

I will be setting up the Skype chat then. Let me know your skype names and I'll add you to the convo!

The inn/tavern will be 'The Wolf's Den' and will be located in Ul'dah. The owner, Parker McConnor, will have received the deed to the establishment after the passing of her father.

Employees will be needed, as well as 1-2 'share holders' to run the place if I'm unable to do to school/life. If you would like to be a share holder or at the very least an employee, please send me a PM on the RPC. Anyone willing will be required to have an OOC and IC interview.

Hope this all works out guys, and I'll enjoy rping will you all on Gilgamesh!

Note: Will be creating a thread for this as well.

As I'm in a posting mood which happens very rarely since I tend to shy away from the spotlight, I figured I would post here and state that my guild is looking to transfer from another game into FFXIV and Gilgamesh as of current is where we are potentially looking to call home. 

I don't want to step on Lizzo's toes but we too were looking at doing a tavern theme in/around Ul'dah albeit with a more shady theme. Our current setup is mature themed with criminal undertones. The tavern is but a front to fund illegal activity ranging from questionable trades to intimidation and assassination practices. Which semi-works well with what I've learned of the Linkshell/Free Company system. 

Full lore of course is still being hammered out as many of us are new to the RP community and the game in general. We're experienced roleplayers but that crafty lore is eluding.  

I will briefly mention it here, we do have a system for bounties we attempted to use... however the lack of bites is rather disheartening so we'll likely do a retranslate of it to FF14 once more is known about the PVP aspect of the game. I would really like to see it take off but I'll need support to fully launch it. 

In closing I'm looking forward to the chance of roleplaying with you guys. :moogle:

As I'm in a posting mood which happens very rarely since I tend to shy away from the spotlight, I figured I would post here and state that my guild is looking to transfer from another game into FFXIV and Gilgamesh as of current is where we are potentially looking to call home. 

I don't want to step on Lizzo's toes but we too were looking at doing a tavern theme in/around Ul'dah albeit with a more shady theme. Our current setup is mature themed with criminal undertones. The tavern is but a front to fund illegal activity ranging from questionable trades to intimidation and assassination practices. Which semi-works well with what I've learned of the Linkshell/Free Company system. 

Full lore of course is still being hammered out as many of us are new to the RP community and the game in general. We're experienced roleplayers but that crafty lore is eluding.  

I will briefly mention it here, we do have a system for bounties we attempted to use... however the lack of bites is rather disheartening so we'll likely do a retranslate of it to FF14 once more is known about the PVP aspect of the game. I would really like to see it take off but I'll need support to fully launch it. 

In closing I'm looking forward to the chance of roleplaying with you guys. :moogle:

Wonderful idea sir! Look forward to seeing this in action and rping with you all.

Wonderful idea sir! Look forward to seeing this in action and rping with you all.

Ma'am* :blush: But I too am excited. Ever since WoW fell through I've been hoping someone would release an amazing subscription based game.  Thankfully that someone is SE and not Acti-blizz. 

With Linkshells being akin to chat channels I will likely set one up for potential members (as I think you need to be 20 or so for free companies) and ooc alliances. I will also create a second Linkshell strictly for IC chatter and open to really anyone who would like to roleplay in our setting while leveling or otherwise enjoying the game.

Ma'am* :blush: But I too am excited. Ever since WoW fell through I've been hoping someone would release an amazing subscription based game.  Thankfully that someone is SE and not Acti-blizz. 

With Linkshells being akin to chat channels I will likely set one up for potential members (as I think you need to be 20 or so for free companies) and ooc alliances. I will also create a second Linkshell strictly for IC chatter and open to really anyone who would like to roleplay in our setting while leveling or otherwise enjoying the game.

*Is embarrassed* hehehe.....sorry Miss, I typed that original response on my phone so my mistake. I look forward to the rp that will come from your group!

I'll be basing myself in Limsa or Ul'dah neighborhoods depending

On a side note guys here is a great site for lorehttp://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/

It's fine no worries. I know I'm the new kid on the block. :3 Thanks for the link! I will definitely do some reading.  :moogle:

lol honestly we all are technically the new kids on the block (those of us who are playing on Gilgamesh), I myself am trying the game out for the first time as well.

I just want to thank everyone who is showing interest in basing themselves on Gilgamesh to help build the community. I just would like to put out a reminder to always remain positive as we are trying to build something great so we need all the help we can get.

I must say though I am truly honored to be playing in the server with you all, and thanks to all of you who have stood up and will be establishing their own rp FC's, events, and the like. We need it all.

Thanks again everyone, I know we will be successful with this endeavor.

I think I will call Gilgamesh my home. While Balmung is tempted there is something about playing on a Legacy server that just doesn't suit me. I haven't tried roleplaying in an MMO before (although I have roleplay experience as a D&D player) so it should be fun. I hope to find some players who wish to have an in-game family of sorts.

I think I will call Gilgamesh my home. While Balmung is tempted there is something about playing on a Legacy server that just doesn't suit me. I haven't tried roleplaying in an MMO before (although I have roleplay experience as a D&D player) so it should be fun. I hope to find some players who wish to have an in-game family of sorts.

Check out this post. :D

I've mulled it over for quite some time now, but I think I'll be settling on Gilgamesh as well.  My long/short term goal is to definitely have some RP, and to start a linkshell / FC with other like-minded adventurers who want to explore the Realm through lore, roleplay, and exploration.  I know that they will be expensive, but I want to eventually acquire a Company Hall to use as an RP hub.  I know they're going to be outrageously expensive, but I truly believe that with some teamwork and the right people we can make this an amazing adventure for anyone, no matter their experience with MMO's and RPing.  Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone else, help me flesh it out!  I know it's ambitious, but I am dedicated to the game and the community, and hopefully can contribute to the amazing atmosphere that's already in place.

I've mulled it over for quite some time now, but I think I'll be settling on Gilgamesh as well.  My long/short term goal is to definitely have some RP, and to start a linkshell / FC with other like-minded adventurers who want to explore the Realm through lore, roleplay, and exploration.  I know that they will be expensive, but I want to eventually acquire a Company Hall to use as an RP hub.  I know they're going to be outrageously expensive, but I truly believe that with some teamwork and the right people we can make this an amazing adventure for anyone, no matter their experience with MMO's and RPing.  Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone else, help me flesh it out!  I know it's ambitious, but I am dedicated to the game and the community, and hopefully can contribute to the amazing atmosphere that's already in place.

Glad to have you aboard!

I look forward to meeting & RPing with you all!Facets of Eorzea is interested in networking OOC with other free companies to create some great RP stories (IC allies & enemies)... As well as singular RPers in the hunt for a great, interactive storyline.

If you see any of us in game, feel free to RP with us! :)