Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :)

As I'm following some friends to the game and am new I'm interested in a non-legacy option for role play possibilities. It's nice to see a community shaping up with some focus. I hope to meet some of you there.

Likewise Cast. Hopefully you'll find as I have, that spending some time here helps to ease the shakes from not being able to play.:frustrated:

Thank you all for your interest seriously. The more of us the better. Again please start listing your Free Companies and any events you guys are doing! The more the better and see you all at the launch event. Also be sure to look out for Vee's beta event along with inquiring about the Gilgamesh linkshells that are currently looking for members. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

I'm happy to see the positivity here and wish to keep it that way honestly.

Oh and please someone put together that weekly meetup, Its hard for me to make it to primetime rp meets unless its on Fridays or Saturdays and I've noticed that such meetups are popular on days like Tuesdays or Thursdays. So if anyone wants to get this started please go right ahead.

Also I would love to meet up with anyone next phase and have just a "say hello" meetup on the Friday or Saturday of next phase. I'll be dragging some friends with me into open beta next phase as well who are currently playing other games.

Just wanted to say welcome to the new faces that are headed to Gilgamesh again lets start listing those linkshells and especially those Free Companies! We need the variety and for people to see them so that we can keep interest in going to Gilgamesh up. Lurkers who are heading to Gilgamesh don't be shy, please come out and say hello and lets get those concepts up people. The more buzz and presence we have, the easier it will be to get folk to be interested! People are coming by daily! So lets give them a lot to see!

*A note on getting people involved to help build the rp foundation of the server.

I'll put this up with some tips that I've used in the past when it came to trying to get people involved in roleplay, especially new roleplayers.

1. Be inclusive, we know we are starting on a new server, we know that there are going to be people breaking lore so we don't have the ease of Balmung's currently larger rp community who is heading to the server mainly for the purpose of roleplaying. Yes the word is getting out there, but there will still be plenty that don't know that there is a roleplaying community on Gilgamesh. I suggest getting the word out there. Advertise your Linkshells and Free Companies during open beta, early access and launch.

2. Never doubt the power of a get together. Get togethers or mini events really can make the difference or not when it comes to attracting roleplayers. They can be anything you want from a tavern event to running quests together. For many you who prefer quest/adventure roleplay I am begging you to start up roleplay that revolves around your preference for questing and adventure roleplay. Easy simple storylines that can be something as little as "Organization X is needs adventurers to assist in dealing with the rabid sheep problem at location Y, send a tell if you are interested".  Something as easy and as simple as this can really be a fun first time roleplay whether its a new roleplayer or an rper who may potentially be a part of your group. This can easily be modified to crafting rp "The Silver Anvil is hiring goldsmith freelancers to help in the creation of a large order of various jewelry, compensation will be discussed upon level of skill". Something like this is a great way to conduct the sometimes standard interview that many medium to heavy rp guilds like to conduct. Its an easy way to suck someone into roleplay while at the same time giving a home to a potential new recruit.  Free Companies/Linkshells trust me you guys have incredible potential in helping Gilgamesh gain its legs through these various methods to spur rp.

3. You're a solo player who wants to find roleplay and quest at the same time: Invite roleplayers to your dungeon runs, make an announcement on shout or yell telling people that you are seeking others to do an IC quest run with. You'd be surprised this can work. Many roleplayers find it hard to make friends even when they are experienced roleplayers many people are just well...shy, its sometimes hard just to break the ice and engage a stranger in conversation. By being proactive the roleplayer who is seeking to roleplay is giving rpers a chance to start a friendship. You are being inviting and making it easier for those who have a hard time making friends to break the ice. Do the entire quest/dungeon/etc in character, and invite, invite, invite others to join you. If anything it will just make for a fun memory, at the best voila you have new roleplay friends!  Again be inclusive, even to the guy/gal who is giving it a try but doesn't have the most lore friendly of names. Its alright trust me. In time if they like it enough they may reroll to something more appropriate. One last thing, last phase I found a large amount of those who named their characters following proper lore guidelines (certainly better than me, lol) but weren't roleplayers. But you know what? Such a thing means there is potential for roleplay there. Those folk are perfect for trying to get involved in some rp. Again just start off with something simple. Anybody can rp getting a drink, getting handed some flowers, or a plate of food. Hence the Beach Party Festival event.

And please if anyone else has any tips share them! Good advice should always be shared!

It's post like this why people see you as virtually the leader of the Gilgamesh RP community :moogle:

She's got you there Rock!

Now, onto what I actually came here to post.

A number of us are planning on creating our own "up and coming" mini Syndicate in Ul'dah based on the Five Families of New York (mobsters/Godfather style). The only catch is that we're all going to be Lalafell. We're looking for a few more people to fill the roles of the 'heads' of the families and others who would like to RP as bodyguards, consiglieres, and hitmen.

Details: Family Leader -

Prefer to be a Lalafell (gender not important)

Choose a colour that will be your family colour and represent it by way of hair colour and primary RP clothing (eye colour is also an idea)

Do not have to be from Ul'dah, but come up with ties to starting city (as in, you have some kind of criminal connections there)

Select a class (we're trying to not all be the same, but this is not necessary, just choose one you want to play)

Details: Family 'Members' -

Any race/class is accepted (gender not important)

Speak to a Family Leader of whom you would like to work for and discuss what position you would like to be

Depending on the Family you join, create a primary RP clothing set of the appropriate colour to represent your Family

If you'd like more info or would like to take part, PM me or come an join us on the Gilgamesh Event Planning/OOC Skype chat.

It's post like this why people see you as virtually the leader of the Gilgamesh RP community :moogle:

A number of us are planning on creating our own "up and coming" mini Syndicate in Ul'dah based on the Five Families of New York (mobsters/Godfather style). The only catch is that we're all going to be Lalafell. We're looking for a few more people to fill the roles of the 'heads' of the families and others who would like to RP as bodyguards, consiglieres, and hitmen.

Choose a colour that will be your family colour and represent it by way of hair colour and primary RP clothing (eye colour is also an idea)

Do not have to be from Ul'dah, but come up with ties to starting city (as in, you have some kind of criminal connections there)

Select a class (we're trying to not all be the same, but this is not necessary, just choose one you want to play)

Speak to a Family Leader of whom you would like to work for and discuss what position you would like to be

Depending on the Family you join, create a primary RP clothing set of the appropriate colour to represent your Family

If you'd like more info or would like to take part, PM me or come an join us on the Gilgamesh Event Planning/OOC Skype chat.

This is single handedly one of the coolest ideas I've ever read =) Which family is going to offer protection for my bakery?!

This is single handedly one of the coolest ideas I've ever read =) Which family is going to offer protection for my bakery?!

I agree I love the idea and find it hilarious

An update on the Gilgamesh Event Organizers Committee:

• So far we have THREE events in the works! That's right! One is planned for the last day of Open Beta - the first Eorzean Bounty Board wanted poster will soon be posted! I overheard the stablehand over there talking about some rare Chocobo getting loose from the stables! Ahem, back to business.
  • The second event, Sunday, September 1st is being spear-headed by our fearless leader Rock Sandbourne. 
  • The last post-launch event will remain a secret for now but keep your ears and eyes peeled for tracks in the mud and the sound of a stampede in the distance! :chocobo:

All of these events will have digital graphics supplied for them for posting on our forum event topics, all supplied by artists within the GEOC! *A quick round of applause.* Things are coming along beautifully for this community and I can't wait to see the rest of you in game, we have a lot of fun stuff planned and more to come! 

Remember if you're interested in participating in the GEOC just feel free to send me a message and I'll get you invited to the Skype chat! So far we've made lots of friends and put together some great stuff. Any and all input is welcome!

Your's truly,

Luluni Luni :moogle:

An update on the Gilgamesh Event Organizers Committee:

• So far we have THREE events in the works! That's right! One is planned for the last day of Open Beta - the first Eorzean Bounty Board wanted poster will soon be posted! I overheard the stablehand over there talking about some rare Chocobo getting loose from the stables! Ahem, back to business.
  • The second event, Sunday, September 1st is being spear-headed by our fearless leader Rock Sandbourne. 
  • The last post-launch event will remain a secret for now but keep your ears and eyes peeled for tracks in the mud and the sound of a stampede in the distance! :chocobo:

All of these events will have digital graphics supplied for them for posting on our forum event topics, all supplied by artists within the GEOC! *A quick round of applause.* Things are coming along beautifully for this community and I can't wait to see the rest of you in game, we have a lot of fun stuff planned and more to come! 

Remember if you're interested in participating in the GEOC just feel free to send me a message and I'll get you invited to the Skype chat! So far we've made lots of friends and put together some great stuff. Any and all input is welcome!

Your's truly,

Luluni Luni :moogle:

I'm all up for this.  Are you planning on making a calendar for these events outside of this forum, or will I have to follow your every move? :lol:

Newbie reporting in. This sounds amazing. I just read through the entire thread, and I'm getting more and more excited every second.  Gilgamesh shall be my home.

Definitely glad to have you, be sure to look at the event postings and make an appearance. We need all the roleplayers we can get!

Know the gods and why you shouldn't be dancing on a church roof wearing a copper helmet while singing blasphemic songs.

Such things...

Welp, there goes my whole weekend.

Jokes aside though, great thread you've got here, Rock. Loads of info, definitely a great place to start for anyone looking to jump into RP and help strengthen the community right at launch.

I know for sure I'll be rolling on Gilgamesh and getting a taste of the action. Count me in for support.

i have a question do i have to talk different? see what i had mind is my character world be as my reality like sword art online you what im saying like my character would be that world version of me

Lol no you don't have to talk differently at all

Here is a good place to start when it comes to learning rp. Take your time and pm me with any questions you have.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1770

And we look forward to rping with you both!

I just wanted to say welcome to those that are new and roleplaying with us on Gilgamesh!

Second thanks everyone for their hard work seriously. Things are coming together people are getting excited and despite the unfortunate situations that occasionally come up things are moving forward. There is a lot to be happy about!

Lets keep up the good work everyone! And keep those great ideas coming! Remember proactivity will help make Gilgamesh a great place to be for roleplaying!

And for my lurkers please feel free to say hello!

To a great future!

I just have to say I can't wait to get playing with everyone! Just from reading these forums alone, people have so much heart into their characters and this game. Its going to be an amazing ride!

Glad to have you!

Oh and here is a treat for everyone. These are the people that we will be roleplaying with and getting to roleplay for the first time.

Personally I'm very happy to see things like this

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1da2ra/ffxivarr_roleplay/