Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read

Since I made my beta character for phase 3 on coeurl (I didn't yet know about the rp community), I'll probably just roll a lowbie version of him on gilgamesh to rp with during this phase. 

I'm only available late at night though. :/ Gosh darn retail closing shifts on weekends. Can't wait for phase 4 where its not my work days that the games open.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I was afraid of staying at Gilgamesh because I thought I wouldn't find anybody to RP with. Well, I'm sticking around now! :D

As this is still a small community, we could add everyone to our friendlist's and start getting to know all.

Can you post your character names?

Feel free to add me: Yahri'a Wahkin

Invite me me any time! Vashies Alexander

You can add me Mr Heat. Right now I'm on ultros, working on macros and getting use to the mechanics of the game, but I made Mr Heat this past weekend on Gilgamesh so I can hope on and talk to people if need be.

I think we should have a small meet up this Friday night or sometime sat. so we as a group can introduce ourselves and plan things.

also quick question. What's a linkpearl?

Linkshells are sort of like private chat channels with a group of people; you can have up to eight of them. In 1.0 they were supposed to be a type of guild system, and now they sort of are a lesser form of such. Free Companies are more similar to guilds of other MMOs; you can only have one, private chat channel, and have rewards/achievements if I'm not mistaken.

Linkshells are sort of like private chat channels with a group of people; you can have up to eight of them. In 1.0 they were supposed to be a type of guild system, and now they sort of are a lesser form of such. Free Companies are more similar to guilds of other MMOs; you can only have one, private chat channel, and have rewards/achievements if I'm not mistaken.

and someone has to give you a pearl first? thanks for the info.

You can add me Mr Heat. Right now I'm on ultros, working on macros and getting use to the mechanics of the game, but I made Mr Heat this past weekend on Gilgamesh so I can hope on and talk to people if need be.

I think we should have a small meet up this Friday night or sometime sat. so we as a group can introduce ourselves and plan things.

This phase is over isn't it? If so I'm open for a Friday night Skype convo.

This is a fantastic read and really is swaying me more to lean towards Gilgamesh then my plans to go on the other server. But I'm glad you went over everything in such detail. Really I never gave it much thought on tavern rp's being disliked. I kind of saw them as a need to have sort of thing.

Maybe I'll make a character on Gilgamesh this upcoming 5th weekend to see how things are over there. I was on the other server and I didn't really see anything too exciting happening other then some leveling going on and people looking for new members to their free companies.

Should be one more test for extended server use, but things could have changed.

Should be one more test for extended server use, but things could have changed.

Yup. Wednesday July 10th - Monday July 15th is the next test date.

This is a fantastic read and really is swaying me more to lean towards Gilgamesh then my plans to go on the other server. But I'm glad you went over everything in such detail. Really I never gave it much thought on tavern rp's being disliked. I kind of saw them as a need to have sort of thing.

Maybe I'll make a character on Gilgamesh this upcoming 5th weekend to see how things are over there. I was on the other server and I didn't really see anything too exciting happening other then some leveling going on and people looking for new members to their free companies.

Please keep in mind that almost all of the RPers have been playing on Gilgamesh this test. A large portion of us are going back to Balmung for the last phase.

Oh well thank you for saying that. I'm glad I checked back on this thread.  I know a few from the free company I was looking to join were on Balmung but nothing really was happening besides just testing things out it seemed. ^^; Plus I was giving it the benefit of the doubt that it was beta and there might be a lot like my husband who don't really play due to characters being wiped.

So is Gilgamesh going to have many rpers? I am having some trouble making a decision even though my friends are rolling here.

Judging from the number of people that are joining the site and going to Gilgamesh, I would say so. We won't have the vast numbers of Balmung, but you won't have a problem finding an RP community on Gilgamesh.

So is Gilgamesh going to have many rpers? I am having some trouble making a decision even though my friends are rolling here.

Ill tell you this for a non legacy sever of Role players we started to build a community here. Are numbers are nether small nor big but the community all ready has a lot events in the works, and meet up spots. If You pick team Gilgamesh i a sure you that you wont go wrong. If you have some ideas for use shoot it out there (we are open minded).:chocobo:

Alright for anyone looking to meet up this weekend I will be around Friday on the server due to the recent announcement of the extended test!

Ill try make it. where is the meeting spot?

Yes there will be, the community will be there its just a work in progress, but there is interest as I make sure to bounce around different forums and inform people in game. One thing though is that as mentioned Balmung still has the advantage in numbers, if you're playing on Gilgamesh you'll have to be more proactive at this stage as the community is going to have to have its rp foundation built up by us pretty much.

So the question is go to a community that is already established where you can just jump right in or head to a community that will take some work to be grown but with that comes endless possibilities for those who put in the work.

I suggest all who are playing on Gilgamesh really think about this important fact because proactivity is the name of the game here. The community won't build itself and if the resident roleplayers won't do it the community will die.

And I'm a bit too hardheaded to want to hear "I told you so* *winks*

Just on a sidenote everyone. Everyone is invited to the OOC and IC Linkshells: Coalition OOC and Limitless Sky (the IC Linkshell) so when putting up your profiles feel free to mention these. Again these are just basically the rp channels of the Gilgamesh server. Also I would love to have anyone who is willing to give out linkpearls when I am not online to step up. I don't want to miss anyone who is interested in roleplaying on our server when I'm at work. I'm a late night player so I don't want to miss the prime timers.