Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read

Any other suggestions?

Of course I'm sure that upon once joining the OOC linkshell they will be directed to the IC Linkshell so maybe that name can be something more "IC" so to speak.

Thoughts? Maybe the IC name can be something that reflects unity. Idk, anyway keep them coming!

Oh yeah! haha I didn't think about that, if recruitment for the two LS was done mostly through the OOC shell that would indeed open it up a lot for the other's name. (Not gunna lie I do like more in world names for anything, even just pve guilds and the like)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other suggestions?

Of course I'm sure that upon once joining the OOC linkshell they will be directed to the IC Linkshell so maybe that name can be something more "IC" so to speak.

Thoughts? Maybe the IC name can be something that reflects unity. Idk, anyway keep them coming!

Oh yeah! haha I didn't think about that, if recruitment for the two LS was done mostly through the OOC shell that would indeed open it up a lot for the other's name. (Not gunna lie I do like more in world names for anything, even just pve guilds and the like)

*nods* Yeah I think by doing it that way you give a nice taste of both avenues, a more normal conventional sounding OOC name and a true roleplayer sounding IC name. I'd love to hear any suggestions for a IC Linkshell name.

Just gonna come in and toss another idea to help you guys out. Ignore the FC recruiting for a moment, and during P4 besides on working on getting your names etc. I think you should all do some type of meet and greet, and give the server some RP exposure.  Just interact with each other in something casual until you all have stuff truly established, keep your interest going that way.

Just gonna come in and toss another idea to help you guys out. Ignore the FC recruiting for a moment, and during P4 besides on working on getting your names etc. I think you should all do some type of meet and greet, and give the server some RP exposure.  Just interact with each other in something casual until you all have stuff truly established, keep your interest going that way.

Not an FC but a Linkshell. I'm not even thinking about FC's yet, but there should be some sort of chat channel thing to connect everyone.

Not an FC but a Linkshell. I'm not even thinking about FC's yet, but there should be some sort of chat channel thing to connect everyone.

Good PR and exposure will definitely help you folks out. Also soon as you guys can begin brainstorming, you should try to set up maybe 3-4 events minimum over a 2 week time or however long P4 is to ensure everyone knows you guys are there to stay. I just wanna see both servers be successful.

Good PR and exposure will definitely help you folks out. Also soon as you guys can begin brainstorming, you should try to set up maybe 3-4 events minimum over a 2 week time or however long P4 is to ensure everyone knows you guys are there to stay. I just wanna see both servers be successful.

As do I, as soon as the subforums are up I will be doing some major threads, and again if anybody wants to do an event well suggest something!

I've also been working hard on other sites as well, letting them know about the new alternate server choice. I think its coming along well. Beta 4 will see a big push I'm sure from everyone and I'm sure nobody will be opposed to constant events. I am also going to make an attempt to call in some great roleplayers I know who might be interested in ARR.

I might even hopefully be able to link up with some of my old Wyrmrest Accord buddies in WoW. Perhaps convincing them to try out Beta 4 will addict them enough to want to come here *evil grin*.

Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.

I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.

Anything is fine, I'm hunting all information I can about the buggers.

I've found this site to be a great resource of course if anyone has something better please list it

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn_Naming_Conventions

That actually helped me alot!Thank you.

Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.

I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.

Anything is fine, I'm hunting all information I can about the buggers.

I've found this site to be a great resource of course if anyone has something better please list it

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn_Naming_Conventions

That actually helped me alot!Thank you.

No problem at all, glad it helped!

How long can a Linkshell name be? What do you guys think of "Limitless Sky" or "Sky is the Limit" as the IC linkshell names, yes I realize they may be kinda corny but I wouldn't mind having a name that represented all the possibilities of roleplaying on a new server.

*Just noticed "Limitless Sky" makes a great airship name. Hmmm....

man im oving how this is turning out! This going be great rping with you all!:cry:;)

Likewise! I'm working from home today, so if anyone sees me around Gridania feel free to chat me up. :cactuar:

Same here! I'll be around Ul'dah today!

Im just pulling up to ul'dah started mr heat up.

Hey!

I was afraid of staying at Gilgamesh because I thought I wouldn't find anybody to RP with. Well, I'm sticking around now! :D

As this is still a small community, we could add everyone to our friendlist's and start getting to know all.

Can you post your character names?

Feel free to add me: Yahri'a Wahkin

Hey!

I was afraid of staying at Gilgamesh because I thought I wouldn't find anybody to RP with. Well, I'm sticking around now! :D

As this is still a small community, we could add everyone to our friendlist's and start getting to know all.

Can you post your character names?

Feel free to add me: Yahri'a Wahkin

Amaare Margolis, if I'm on I'm available to rp, so hit me up anytime if you see me. Same goes for a friend's request.

By the way what do you think of an IC Linkshell named "Limitless Sky"? Yes its corny, but I wanted it to represent the huge possiblilities of rping on a newly crowned rp server. Oh and there will be a launch week event, we are still cooking it up and looking for feedback and ideas! And perhaps someone can put together one for Open beta as well to help the server get its rp foundation.

Here to throw in my support for the cause. Gilgamesh certainly has some great possibilities and after reading some commentary here I really do agree that if your new to Final Fantasy XIV to read up on the lore. There is allot to go off of and allot to help your character grow, and will certainly aid with the immersion of things. I'll be there on Gilgamesh to help nurture the seed so to speak.

The IC/OOC linkshell is a 'must have' for the community. I think the name is ok.

As for the event open beta event, I think it should start by some quests throughout Eorzea, to get the characters to know the land. Maybe someone could come up with an idea for the story, something to bring up the characters together.

It's decided!

My new elezen Jeanette Lenoire will be part of The Silver Anvil on Gilgamesh!

Yay!!! That's great to hear!

The IC/OOC linkshell is a 'must have' for the community. I think the name is ok.

As for the event open beta event, I think it should start by some quests throughout Eorzea, to get the characters to know the land. Maybe someone could come up with an idea for the story, something to bring up the characters together.

I would be honored if you lead this endeavor, what do you say? It would make a great Beta 4 event.

It's decided!

I would be honored if you lead this endeavor, what do you say? It would make a great Beta 4 event.

As I'm still new to the game, there is some reading I must do before that. Also, my time is very limited during weekdays. But there is still some time before beta phase 4. Let's see how things roll up.

It's decided!

As I'm still new to the game, there is some reading I must do before that. Also, my time is very limited during weekdays. But there is still some time before beta phase 4. Let's see how things roll up.

Sounds good, I'm mainly a weekend/late night during the week player myself so I understand. I'm sure there are some that can help you with that and if you need anything that may help just ask!