Your first day back in Eorzea

What will everyone be doing on their first day back once we're live again? Including of course any early access folks?

As for myself, being that its been so long since i played in 1.0 and the host of new features i got a glance at last beta weekend, outside of spending a little time making a slight adjustment to my old characters name and maybe some appearance tweaks since we get a free shot at those.

I will be spending the first day getting reacquainted with the UI and new features,attempting to organize old 1.0 inventory between myself and the retainers. then maybe do a little fun harvesting/gather and most importantly enjoying the gorgeous game and just wandering about.

I have all the details about character creation written down in a notebook, so making my character will take... maybe 2 minutes at most. I might peak around hair styles a bit just to make sure my choice was the right one, but that won't take long at all. Once I'm in the game, that's when it starts. My UI customization will be short and quick, so the vast majority of my time will be playing the game and rping (if I find groups to rp with). I know I probably shouldn't set a level goal for myself, especially because I really really want to rp, but old habits die hard. I want to get to, at least, where I was with my Phase 3 character before the end of day one. I don't know how probable that is, seeing as I will be looking for RP and playing and all that other good stuff. I'll probably check here to see if any of my Linkshells/FCs are set up so I might be able to get in to those early, that way I'm assured RP. 

I'm... a bit of a planner at times.

I was grinding FATEs pretty hard on the last day of phase 3 so I think I would try and slow down. Enjoy the scenery. It really is very pretty.

One of the things im glad hasnt changed from 1.0 .. the scenery. While i dabble in several mmos depending on my mood, only a few really possess the setting/scenery to really draw me more into the game when i play. this was one of them lol. everything about the game is wonderful and pretty to look at.

I wonder, if i'll b able to find a way to save my character data if tweaking it on the pc, then later if i decide to load up the ps3 if i can load the saved character data cross platform or not.. hmm.

as for the UI, i will hit that up in due time, since i plan to tinker with the game on both pc and ps3 i'll have twice the UI to play with.

I have no level goals, never have any, never plan to start lol. Everyone will always 'progress' faster then me the way i play. Very casual, enjoy as much as i can as I go, etc heh. This wandering adventure gets more out of the journey then he would by setting a goal at the 'end' of the journey ^_^

I was grinding FATEs pretty hard on the last day of phase 3 so I think I would try and slow down. Enjoy the scenery. It really is very pretty.

One of the things im glad hasnt changed from 1.0 .. the scenery. While i dabble in several mmos depending on my mood, only a few really possess the setting/scenery to really draw me more into the game when i play. this was one of them lol. everything about the game is wonderful and pretty to look at.

I wonder, if i'll b able to find a way to save my character data if tweaking it on the pc, then later if i decide to load up the ps3 if i can load the saved character data cross platform or not.. hmm.

as for the UI, i will hit that up in due time, since i plan to tinker with the game on both pc and ps3 i'll have twice the UI to play with.

I have no level goals, never have any, never plan to start lol. Everyone will always 'progress' faster then me the way i play. Very casual, enjoy as much as i can as I go, etc heh. This wandering adventure gets more out of the journey then he would by setting a goal at the 'end' of the journey ^_^

If I remember correctly, once your character is created you'll be able to play them on any system as long as you've purchased the software.  As far as you and Desmond's playstyle goes, I completely agree.  There are some things that I am very eager to accomplish in ARR, but I'm going to slow down and enjoy the work that SE has put into the game.  Read all (and I mean ALL) of the dialogue, immerse myself into Eorzean lore, and revel in the experience they've built for us.

If I remember correctly, once your character is created you'll be able to play them on any system as long as you've purchased the software.  As far as you and Desmond's playstyle goes, I completely agree.  There are some things that I am very eager to accomplish in ARR, but I'm going to slow down and enjoy the work that SE has put into the game.  Read all (and I mean ALL) of the dialogue, immerse myself into Eorzean lore, and revel in the experience they've built for us.

I kind of feel bad having said I did set a level goal. I really hope that doesn't seem like I'll rush or anything. :frustrated: I... don't really have a social life outside of my girlfriend, so spending 12 hours in game on day 1 is... of high probability. I fully intend to read everything so I know as much lore as I can from playing, though, don't get me wrong.

I... don't really have a social life outside of my girlfriend, so spending 12 hours in game on day 1 is... of high probability. I fully intend to read everything so I know as much lore as I can from playing, though, don't get me wrong.

lol I must admit that on the first day of phase 4 (and early access and launch) I will get very little done in real life. Maybe I'll eat something. Maybe.

Being a complete MMO junky, I will recreate my closed beta character, a female character I've been wanting to try out, and a lalafell. I'll be using my previous three 1.0 characters to do this, since none of them are higher than level 10 on their selected classes. I've always had a penchant for working on multiple characters, but hopefully I will settle down with just one after the first week of open beta.

In all likelihood, my first day will be me rushing to level 20 on my pugilist, Heinrich. Accompanying me on this insane quest will be my twin brother, who is also playing Final Fantasy XIV. Given he is really into keeping himself healthy though, he probably won't take the day completely off, so I'll get ahead of him somewhat.

Alternatively, I might choose to level a female highland hyur archer or male lalafell thaumaturge. I liked both of those classes, particularly the archer. I really liked how the female highland hyur I made during closed beta looked when it came to playing that class. At least to me she looked better aesthetically in the equipment than Heinrich did.

My first day back will be spent grinding quests and missions to level 20, and rejoining the Maelstrom. I want my chocobo and coat back.

Unfortunately, this. Ha! I need my chocoride and got people waiting on me. I do want to take a little more time and be more thorough with interacting with the NPCs and reading all the text, but I got things to do!

Since I kind of just screwed around and took it easy in phase 3 I plan to actually start working hard towards levelling, but I'll also take it slow and not be too concerned with the "go-go-go" and will read the quest text. I skipped pretty much all of the quest text after level 10 since I realized I'd be reading/watching it again later and I was more concerned with running around and experiencing how FFXIV has changed.

I'll also refill all eight character slots on Balmung and create two more characters that I realized I just had to make the day after phase 3 ended.

Call me a nerd or what have you, but I've got most of phase 4 planned out, and early access drawn up roughly.

I'll be leveling my main class to ~25ish or so for access to GCs and chocobos, and then it's craft, craft, craft! Once individual houses are purchasable I plan to pick up one of the largest sizes so I need all the gil I can get my hands on. (Plus crafting in ARR beats the hell out of crafting in every other MMO I've played, so there's that.)

Once live hits, I'll slow down considerably as I work towards content not found in the beta phases. I'd really like to find a solid, friendly endgame oriented FC at some point as well.

My first day back...I'll probably create my 3 characters. I'll have one for RP and then two others to experience the story and game with. I may use those two as alts as time goes but I'm unsure of it at the moment. But day one is going to be used making my characters and then getting my main RP to 15-20 so I can have the entire world for flushing out my RP.

Thats the plan anyway.

Most likely leveling with a group of IRL friends, managed to convince them to come to Balmung too. Get a good chunk of the story up and out of the way so I can open up everything. Excited despite having done this five times now XDD

I'll likely be getting myself situated and preparing to dive in and finish my relic weapon with my Free Company. Only two fights awaaaaaay! I can almost taste it.

I'm very much looking forward to working on a relic too, now. I just didn't have the fortitude to tough out what you had to do in 1.0 to complete one. Massive respect to anyone who did.

That's a tough one. I have a large list just the first week for Phase 4. It's more or less personal and Company goals combined. First big task is to work on crafting as I want to get my skills a bit more up to snuff so I can work on helping gear the new folks. I also want to take that time to prepare a large amount of equipment for the Caravan RP event that we'll be doing more or less around launch.

That's more of a personal goal. I guess ensure everyone is having a good time, make sure folks are grouped up, doing dungeons and help them all out. Get in a bunch of RP time while I'm there too to prepare for our first story arc. Work on developing the funds to get our Academy building up and running so I can decorate it and make it look nifty. That and recruiting... Phase 4 plan to be recruiting a bit more since we were still preparing solid plans over Phase 3. I definitely am going to be busy with so much going on but I love it, I love the feeling of starting from scratch and building things up as a group. It builds such comradery.

Endgame is something that we're always focused on in our other games. We've had many great memories raiding.

I'll likely be getting myself situated and preparing to dive in and finish my relic weapon with my Free Company. Only two fights awaaaaaay! I can almost taste it.

I'm very much looking forward to working on a relic too, now. I just didn't have the fortitude to tough out what you had to do in 1.0 to complete one. Massive respect to anyone who did.

It wasn't so bad once you got past Hamlet. Getting past Hamlet, however, was a chore. You needed great mental fortitude in order to not succumb to madness. I may have at one point, as evidenced below.

wMTfFlSFKdU

I was our tank. I ran around that tree kiting the boss for about 15 minutes straight every time we did Gridania. Limsa and Ul'dah weren't really much different. The instance speed runs just took practice and were super easy once you got them down (Which most of us already had after spending some 200 CC/AV runs farming Darklight).

Interested to see how they make them in 2.0. I hope it's still as difficult and time consuming, as I'll be rather disappointed if we got through all the hard stuff, only to have it not be hard at all in ARR.

Well I know once created, or if already made the character can be access on either platform, but for example say on the ps3 when u are creating a character and u can opt to 'save' the character data which then lets u load it when u creat another character on the ps3 version. i hadnt had a chance to check if by doing that if it could be loaded while on the pc version lol

Admittedly after seeing someone elses goal it did remind me, i was curious when we could get a chocobo and all that, but im wondering since ill have the mount off the CE if id still have to wait to use it lvl wise or not, but then either way id love to have my own Chocobo, so thats bout the only goal progression wise in levels id see myself setting heh,, but it wont be a rush.

I want to get my harvesting and crafting up in at least the main craft choices i had while dabbling in the others . Would like to be able to make some of my own stuff as I progress(which adds to my slow/casual but enjoyable) playstyle heh..

I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with Limsa Lominsa as well. I started there in 1.0(loved the opening) and just loved the feel of the city. I did travel to and scout out the other 2 but something about Limsa , just enjoyed it the most.

Man.. i'm going to be so busy just working on my gathering/crafting after i fix up my inventory.

Touching on reacquainting with LL, during the last beta i went and scoped out the Arcanist guild location. Despite my usual enjoyment and love for melee and melee/magic type hybrids I am totally going to have to do some Arcanist training, Carbuncle <3

I have all the details about character creation written down in a notebook, so making my character will take... maybe 2 minutes at most.

I need to find where I read it at, but they're apparently releasing character creation benchmark software Aug 1 or 2 and people can make their characters before the game goes live. It'll save over, too. Gonna try to find a link for it...