Your first day back in Eorzea

After i make my character, im gona level. And im probably gona level much. But when i need a break or for other reason decide to stop leveling, i will pick up fishing and try it out, spent several beta weekends with no fishing, So im really curious how it works out.

-Xeon

I have all the details about character creation written down in a notebook, so making my character will take... maybe 2 minutes at most.

I need to find where I read it at, but they're apparently releasing character creation benchmark software Aug 1 or 2 and people can make their characters before the game goes live. It'll save over, too. Gonna try to find a link for it...

O.o really? if u are able to find that link that'd be awesome! This would be incredibly handy, as even though I overall liked the base appearance of my 1.0 character I wouldnt mind having prep time to flush out the details before live, I just need to finish off my list of possible name change ideas so i can get one picked out @.@

Once live hits, I'll slow down considerably as I work towards content not found in the beta phases.  I'd really like to find a solid, friendly endgame oriented FC at some point as well.

Not to be presumptuous, but you may want to check out Unity :) RP-friendly, LGBT safespace guild with a strong focus on PvE endgame.

As far as what I intend to do, I'll level up to 25 as quickly as possible so that I can help get our FC going, and then I'll probably slow down a hair. Find some RP. Do some instances. Take more screenshots (as if the 500+ I have from phase 3 weren't enough). Basically settle into my Eorzea adventure!

Well I know for sure the first thing I'm doing is capping Arcanist as fast as possible. Then I guess I'll work on my 4th and 5th Relic to complete the magick set. I already got a Stardust and Thyrus, so I may as well finish my collection. Aside from that, I suppose I'll just craft/gather, and do runs with the usual crew. I'm pretty interested in the changes they made to the Relic quests, especially the ones about Ifrit (Extreme). :tonberry:

Since I kind of just screwed around and took it easy in phase 3 I plan to actually start working hard towards levelling, but I'll also take it slow and not be too concerned with the "go-go-go" and will read the quest text. I skipped pretty much all of the quest text after level 10 since I realized I'd be reading/watching it again later and I was more concerned with running around and experiencing how FFXIV has changed.

I did this as well. I wanted to save the storyline for Phase 4/Release. =) I look forward to reading all that I missed. :cactuar:

I guess my first goal would be to get my core level job to level 20. Get all the goodies such as...

- Airship Pass

- Retainer

- Chocobo

and then dive right into crafting.

Once live hits, I'll slow down considerably as I work towards content not found in the beta phases.  I'd really like to find a solid, friendly endgame oriented FC at some point as well.

Not to be presumptuous, but you may want to check out Unity :) RP-friendly, LGBT safespace guild with a strong focus on PvE endgame.

As far as what I intend to do, I'll level up to 25 as quickly as possible so that I can help get our FC going, and then I'll probably slow down a hair. Find some RP. Do some instances. Take more screenshots (as if the 500+ I have from phase 3 weren't enough). Basically settle into my Eorzea adventure!

I.. I just want a chocobo.

That won't happen the first day though will it? =T

Since I kind of just screwed around and took it easy in phase 3 I plan to actually start working hard towards levelling, but I'll also take it slow and not be too concerned with the "go-go-go" and will read the quest text. I skipped pretty much all of the quest text after level 10 since I realized I'd be reading/watching it again later and I was more concerned with running around and experiencing how FFXIV has changed.

I did this as well. I wanted to save the storyline for Phase 4/Release. =) I look forward to reading all that I missed. :cactuar:

I guess my first goal would be to get my core level job to level 20. Get all the goodies such as...

- Airship Pass

- Retainer

- Chocobo

and then dive right into crafting.

You can never have to many screenshots, especially out of games as gorgeous as this, im not 100% sure but i think i lost my 1.0 shots I had taken :( i'll just have to start fresh, and havign ordered tonight a new video card, they are going to look even more amazing <3

I can't wait to have a Chocobo either, even if im getting a mount out of my pre order, still. I cant call myself beign in a FF world without such an iconic companion as a Chocobo. I dont want to rush to get one but it will be my first 'major' goal ill look forward to accomplishing.

I was happy to see upon hitting the retainer npc that my 2 1.0 retainers still ..retained their names i gave them albeit with new attire.

Crafting, RP, PVE, and so many hours looking at my character and taking screen shots as I explore around. Seriously, I'm mostly excited about exploring all the new areas. Plus, you know... fucking up shit with the Misericorde hooligans. There's always that.

Hmm... I want to take my time and not rush like I've done in past launches, which is sometimes hard when everyone else around you seems to be in a race. Anyway, some of my initial goals will be:

-Get an Airship pass so I can move about easily.

-Get some Conjurer levels so I can have Cure etc

-Get a Chocobo so I can explore easier.

All the while I'll be trying to seek out a nice, close-knit and friendly RP shell. So far most of the ones I've looked at are closed, too big, too dark or not fully RP... So I may be playing alone for a while as I try to settle in. :|

My list of things to do on day one:

1. Fix original!Mali's appearance (going from Miqo'te to Roegadyn...that's going to be strange to say the least)
  2. Fix original!Tiv's appearance (Female to male...much easier :P)
  3. Grind the shit out of alt!Mali on Midgardsormr so I can rub it in my friends' faces. At this point I've seen the story up to level 20 about five times, I think I get the jist of it.

Maybe on the second or third day I'll actually be able to make my Lalafella and play the game for fun. :dazed:

Definitely need to finalize my name edit between now and then @.@ Just stuck on a surname lol. few weeks should be plenty of time haha.

Seein how things work this time around for class choice at the beginning and all that, I wonder as its been awhile since i made the journey between all 3 City States how difficult it would be to travel to each if needed early on. Hmm don't recall it being overly difficult O.o

• 4 weeks later...

Woot, good to be back(mostly, since what we've got going on this weekend carries to official launch lol)

I decided on 1 thing, bring my 1.0 character back as a new starter class for 2 reasons. 1. I wanted to still start him off in Limsa Lominsa and 2. Since if i saw right on the summary of the Phase 4 patchnotes we should return any classes we previously utilized/unlocked, and since well... theres a new class that wasnt in during 1.0 which also starts in my favorite city-state it seemed like a no brainer..and well Carbuncle <3