Choosing a Seeker Tribe.

Clover

What Tribe would you like the most?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Tribe would you like the most?

I hope I'm doing this right.

As a continuation of this thread http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2911 , it's time for people to vote what tribe they'd like the most. The idea is to see which one is preferred by the majority, in order to create a real and united Seeker Tribe.

As I stated before, I'll change my character's name to adapt to the winning Tribe. Anyone who wants to belong to it is free to do the same ^^

The more, the merrier!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another consideration for you all to make will be your characters' appearances. You'll all be closely related, unlike the majority of the Miqo'te we see in game now, so there should be some similarities among you!

I vote green hair. Do it! x3

Good luck guys.

Well, the success of this tribe will of course depend on how much people are willing to compromise. If no one is willing to switch from their original tribe, then a bigger, united one can't be created (>w<;

That'd be a pity, but I'd understand if people don't want to change their characters. In case that happens, I guess I'll either NPC my character's tribe or I'll ask other tribal Seeker players if anyone would want her as a sister *sweatdrops*.

PS: Pink hair FTW ♥

A Seeker character's something I'd like to do eventually, and I'd love to have a tribe for her. I've voted for K, but I really don't mind which tribe is chosen. It's the potential for interaction and a shared story that excites me. Which server will this be on? Will it be a cross-server thing?

A Seeker character's something I'd like to do eventually, and I'd love to have a tribe for her. I've voted for K, but I really don't mind which tribe is chosen. It's the potential for interaction and a shared story that excites me. Which server will this be on? Will it be a cross-server thing?

Aah, I forgot to add in the first post that this will be for Balmung server, but Gilgamesh players could do the same as well ^^

Yesss! Having a shared story with many other Miqo'tes sounds so good, especially for people (like myself) who don't really have any friend in this community to plot stories with. I really hope this will work in the end.

Aah, I forgot to add in the first post that this will be for Balmung server, but Gilgamesh players could do the same as well ^^

Yesss! Having a shared story with many other Miqo'tes sounds so good, especially for people (like myself) who don't really have any friend in this community to plot stories with. I really hope this will work in the end.

Im always up for meeting new people, so even if im, rather my character is not a miqo'te. However im most likely always up for a chat inrp to become friends or oocly. Just need to send me a tell or something and im sure we can set some rp up to meet :3

-Xeon

This is an awesome idea! While my current character's in H, I'd love to jump in on this if it goes ahead.

I also like what Aysun said about appearances, it'll just overall be an interesting thing to do.

:moogle:

I am very interested in this! This could offer a really cool roleplaying experience for anyone wanting to join in! C: I don't really care what letter we end up with, only that I can get a Seeker in there! : D

Im always up for meeting new people, so even if im, rather my character is not a miqo'te. However im most likely always up for a chat inrp to become friends or oocly. Just need to send me a tell or something and im sure we can set some rp up to meet :3

-Xeon

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the game's release so that I can start playing with you all. I'm definitely up for my characters to make friends from any race (albeit my hyur is not the friendliest person around, so I guess my Miqo'te will do the social RP instead *laughs*).

As for the Tribe, it seems K is winning so far. It's a nice letter, I need to check the Japanese name creator to see how to pronounce it. (Edit: And done. Her name would sound very similar to her previous one, which makes me glad).

A note on using K', too: There are some characters already playing with the K' prefix, one from a traditional tribe. You might want to discuss amongst yourselves the potential issues with that! Not that I expect you to choose some random letter that no one else is using, but do keep it in the back of your mind that it could cause some confusion!

As for the Tribe, it seems K is winning so far. It's a nice letter, I need to check the Japanese name creator to see how to pronounce it. (Edit: And done. Her name would sound very similar to her previous one, which makes me glad).

If you ultimately choose K, I would be happy to work with you to help merge the "lore" of the tribe with those characters myself and several others have established for a K' group of our own. They could be the same group; or they could be two halves of a greater K' whole!

If you ultimately choose K, I would be happy to work with you to help merge the "lore" of the tribe with those characters myself and several others have established for a K' group of our own. They could be the same group; or they could be two halves of a greater K' whole!

If my character was accepted in your tribe, I'd do my best to adapt to anything you've planned. I'm just so happy if I can be a part of a true Miqo'te tribe (>A<)

Could you tell us a bit about how your tribe works?

Also, to L Tribe players: L is the second most voted letter. Are you playing together too? Could you tell us a bit about what you've planned for your tribe?

If my character was accepted in your tribe, I'd do my best to adapt to anything you've planned. I'm just so happy if I can be a part of a true Miqo'te tribe (>A<;)

Could you tell us a bit about how your tribe works?

Sure! It's a fairly traditional Seeker tribe. They're nomads of the Sagolii desert, so they're on the move across the dunes a lot. During the brief rainy seasons, there's a danger of flash floods, so they sometimes take shelter in the cliffs along the edge of the desert, though that becomes an act of balancing the risks of flood with the risks of landslide.

There's probably 20-30ish miqo'te in the tribe, with a couple Nunhs that tend to change for each generation of members and half a dozen or so Tias. Hunting is largely the duty of the females of the tribe, with some exceptions, while the Tias typically stay with the too old or too young and deal with handling the meat and other supplies the hunters bring back. It's a very communal situation, both in terms of raising children and just in day-to-day survival.

Right before the Calamity, a lot of the tribe left to attend the battle at Carteneau, feeling an obligation to defend Eorzea. This included a number of the males as well (including the Nunh who was my character's mate).

My own character, Antimony (formerly K'piru), has no current contact with the tribe, though it's possible that could change in the future via RP. The situation with her three daughters (K'airi, K'airos, and K'aijeen - all played by other people) is complex. All of them were around the tribe long enough that, if you wanted, your own character could have known any of them fairly well. If you want, you can read my character's bio, which could give you insight into the interactions within the tribe.

Anyway, there's a lot of room for you to make your own mark on the tribe, if you so want. ^^

Naunet> Thank you very much for the information! That sounds awesome. A traditional Seeker tribe was exactly what I was looking for, as it's so different from the human society and I'm already going to RP that one as my hyur. I also love how unique your character is, for I never thought I'd ever see a Miqo'te in her 50s!

However, please let me know if I understood this correctly. Your character has detached herself from the tribe, and her three daughters are currently missing. If that's the case and I joined the tribe, would I be alone? ;w;

On a side note, I've always liked the idea of my character going on a journey to find missing members from the tribe / family members / anyone who detached themselves from the tribe and who is considered important, hoping to convince them to come back. Not sure if such a thing could be applied here.

As the person behind one of K'piru/Antimony's children (K'airi) I'm sure there could be a considerable amount of good RP if the tribe itself assigned you (or anyone else interested) to try and track down the wayward daughters and the missing mother.

It could be a really good way to help Airi find her mom, since she knows there's a possibility her family is still alive--after all, she never saw them die directly since she was called to fight alongside the Immortal Flames against the Empire.

As the person behind one of K'piru/Antimony's children (K'airi) I'm sure there could be a considerable amount of good RP if the tribe itself assigned you (or anyone else interested) to try and track down the wayward daughters and the missing mother.

Definitely! If the idea of tracking down missing people appeals to you, we could work with that for some fun times. :)

I think there are lots of ways to finagle the roleplay in a way that won't make you feel alone - especially if I can recruit more folk into the K' tribe fold. >:3 That, indeed, would be awesome - so if there's anyone else out there who wants to make a character involved in this tribe, please feel free to speak up and do so! I'd love for it to become an organic thing all on its own.

looks like K is becoming quite popular, I'd be interested in forming a link with your tribe, Khaze'to's grandfather is a seeker and I was playing around with him being a displaced Nuhn, I hadn't worked out what tribe to place him in.  Would that would with your tribe? it would have been from a while ago so could maybe work.  Obviously if you already have all that sorted its not a problem but it could be interesting to meet some long lost cousins.

That would be fine! Excellent, even! By displaced, do you mean simply ursurped by a new, younger and more virile Nunh, or do you mean he was exiled for doing something bad? Either one could be possible considering the image I have in my head is a tribe that's fairly traditionally structured.

I'm going to try to construct a "family tree" of sorts for the K' tribe over the next week or so to tie in my characters and other people's characters in a more visual map.

Cool, I can totally work that into things. If he's your character's grandfather... how old is your character? I'm thinking he would have then been the other nunh alongside my own character's father (as the tribe has 1-2 nunhs per generation gap), but this is assuming your character is significantly older than my own (who is in her mid 50s xD).