Choosing a Seeker Tribe.

Clover

What Tribe would you like the most?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Tribe would you like the most?

A note on using K', too: There are some characters already playing with the K' prefix, one from a traditional tribe. You might want to discuss amongst yourselves the potential issues with that! Not that I expect you to choose some random letter that no one else is using, but do keep it in the back of your mind that it could cause some confusion!

I have a K miqo'te. Does this mean that any other Seeker on the server with a K name will be related to me whether I like it or not? Not to say I'd have a problem with it in theory but it would imply that I'd know, at least on some level, every other K Seeker. I have a feeling RPing this could be difficult.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a K miqo'te. Does this mean that any other Seeker on the server with a K name will be related to me whether I like it or not? Not to say I'd have a problem with it in theory but it would imply that I'd know, at least on some level, every other K Seeker. I have a feeling RPing this could be difficult.

Seeker tribes are capable of branching off one another. For example if a tia from some K' tribe decided to take over new territory to become a nunh, he'd probably bring along several females and they would start their own K' tribe. They would technically all be distantly related, but it's entirely possible that children born into one branch would never have met those of another branch in the K' tribe.

Is this something you'd be interested in including into your RP? Either as part of this tribe, or as a member of a branch - or, if you wanted, my character's tribe could be the branch and your character could belong to the "source" tribe so to speak (the one that the tia came from when setting out to start a new tribe in new territory).

It does not. The Seeker tribes have branched off substantially into "subtribes" as their tia expanded the tribes' territories and became nunhs over them; at this point, you can quite reasonably be from a different territory and tribal branch with nothing but the most ancestral relationship to other miqo'te of the same tribe.

This is handy because it gives you two options for RP: you can work with other players (like those on this thread!) to have your character be related to them in some way, or you can have your branch be completely separate. The choice is yours.

Cool, I can totally work that into things. If he's your character's grandfather... how old is your character? I'm thinking he would have then been the other nunh alongside my own character's father (as the tribe has 1-2 nunhs per generation gap), but this is assuming your character is significantly older than my own (who is in her mid 50s xD).

Ok so Khaze'to is 34, is that old enough for it to work for you?

Is this something you'd be interested in including into your RP? Either as part of this tribe, or as a member of a branch - or, if you wanted, my character's tribe could be the branch and your character could belong to the "source" tribe so to speak (the one that the tia came from when setting out to start a new tribe in new territory).

Aha, thanks to you and FreelanceWizard both for clearing that up. I was getting worried about having to know all the K Seekers!

I would be interested in including it in my RP though, yes. I'm not particularly bothered about whether she's part of the branch or the original tribe but I think it would be a nice addition.

I'm part of a sub-section of the Raptor tribe (R') that dwells in the Sagolii desert and is known for their spear hunting. I've got a slew of NPCs I made up that form the tribe, although they're still pretty small in number - if you're interested in reading more about 'em, there's info in my character's wiki page.

I don't have contact with any of the other R' miqo'te that are listed on the wiki though, looks like they have different backstories. I'm willing to collaborate and join forces though, but it looks like you've got some K' plans brewing. x3

That's fine! His grandfather, whoever you want him to be, could have definitely been the second nunh alongside my own character's father (who, in case your curious, is pictured here). Do you have a name for him so I can include him in the family tree?

That's fine! His grandfather, whoever you want him to be, could have definitely been the second nunh alongside my own character's father (who, in case your curious, is pictured here). Do you have a name for him so I can include him in the family tree?

I don't have a name for him because I wasn't sure where I wanted him to come from, Also didn't have any real idea what he looked like, this is his daughter though with the keeper.  ffxiv2013-07-0617-55-49-94_zps1aa56e58.png

Awesome! :3 If you think of a name, let me know - for now I'll just put him in as "displaced nunh" or something and branch your character from there.

Gah, I want that offline character creater NOW so I can continue making pictures for the family tree. xD

The K tribe seems to have several members willing to make it active, so I think we could definitely create a big tribe out of this.

It'd be cool if we had a leader figure (or several), who will be supposed to make the most important decisions for the Tribe. It'd also be interesting if we had an active Nunh and several Tias, since Tias are supposed to want to dethrone the Nunh (wounding him, at least) and that might create so much tension and conflict for whoever plays him.

Who else is up for joining the K tribe? The more, the merrier! ^^

I've decided that my Miqo'te F'miah will be renamed as K'mih, since that seems to sound like Japanese Kumi and I find it cute. I've also convinced my friend Wolf to play my Miqo'te's sister, who will naturally be a part of the Tribe as well.

I have a question, however. have you planned who all the past Nunhs were? I'm asking because my character's last name was initially Yohko, which means that there was supposed to be a Nunh called K'yohko in the past, even if he didn't last much. Would that work or should I change her last name? I'm very fond of it, but I'll try to adapt.

I have a question, however. have you planned who all the past Nunhs were? I'm asking because my character's last name was initially Yohko, which means that there was supposed to be a Nunh called K'yohko in the past, even if he didn't last much. Would that work or should I change her last name? I'm very fond of it, but I'll try to adapt.

I have not! So far, the tree looks roughly like this:

Older generations

|

K'jhanhi Nunh                                                                   Displaced Nunh

+ K'deiki Nhyt                                                                    + Keeper lady

|                                                                                 |

K'piru Jhanhi     Sister             **Nunh + Tias**                Half-Keeper Daughter

+ K'thalen Nunh                                                                  + some mate

|                                                                                 |

K'airi    K'airos    K'aijeen         **2 Nunhs + Tias**                     Khaze'to

|

New (teenage and younger) generation

I'm making an actual graphic to represent the family tree, but I think this quick little thing is good enough to get a rough idea, yea? There are a lot of gaps where there's room for folk to fill in. Though the two nunhs from Antimony's parents' generation are filled, there is a gap where a second nunh from another player could come in alongside K'thalen, who was Antimony's mate. A character in this generational spot would be in their 40s or 50s right now. There are also two available nunh spots from the generation after that (those in their 20s or 30s) where I haven't come up with any characters, nor has someone else volunteered for the role. Likewise, there are so far no tias currently being played by anyone, so those are up for grabs! And of course, there are a lot of other women in the tribe who could fit in any generation and who could have mated with any of the nunhs (or not mated, depending on one's preference).

[edit] I'm not sure if this properly clarified things. xD Let me know if I missed something haha.

I've also convinced my friend Wolf to play my Miqo'te's sister, who will naturally be a part of the Tribe as well

Emphasis.

..........................Nahh ^^"

But really, I'd appreciate it if you would also allow me to join this tribe ^^ I have to wait for the character creator to provide you with a picture but should you need a name then it will be: K'nahli (Yohko?)

I hope you don't mind!

I think Clover/K'Mih wanted her character to be sixteen years old provided that it wouldn't mean her character would have to return to the tribe to breed very soon(we weren't sure if it was viewed as a tradition upon reaching a certain age) but she'll have to specify herself. Assuming it's not obligatory then my character will be seventeen.

You can safely place us both into the teenage generation at least ^^

And thank you for having us both *-* This sounds like it will be very interesting ~

I have to comment and say this sounds like a great idea! Where as I would have loved to make participate, I am one of those "I made ym character and I'm happy!" type who's a bit stubborn to change, which is a shame on my part. But I would love to meet this tribe in game when it happens. :3

Listening to this thread (I guess haha), I've actually started contemplating the idea of shifting my character's story around a bit to potentially work with you guys - if you'd have me.

I don't mind dropping R' for K', and changing some of the established history from my profile (though I'm really attached to R'aqsha's mom and his daughter, even if they are NPCs - they have pics on my wiki), because I'm mostly just really interested in having people to RP tribal miqo'te with.

As it stands, my character R'aqsha became a nunh because he was caught fooling around with a girl while still a tia, and it escalated into a challenge that ended up with him coming out on top as the new nunh. I've got a bunch of NPC mates and children, as well as his mother and aunt. But like I said, I'm mostly attached to his eldest daughter (who was the product of that woopsie) and his mom who is deceased - but taught him spear hunting.

Ah, that's another thing - right now, his tribe is infamous for their spear hunting abilities, but there's also a section within the tribe of girls (and R'aqsha) who hang around the city to dance for money and steal shit from people. But I saw a connection with K' from the fact they inhabit the Sagolii desert, which is R'aqsha's home as well.

Haha, yes. I was trying to develop a background for my miqo'te with false characters and such but I will happily adapt it to fit this setting. This will be much more influential and easier to handle now that we can have someone answering questions about how the tribe operates/it's history and whatnot >w

Looking at the graph you made and with the above quote would your character not be older than mine?

Aaah, I'm getting very excited about this (*-*)

Growly, it'd be awesome if you wanted to participate in this Tribe as well! I've seen your character around and I've regarded you as a very active Miqo'te expert.

As for my Miqo'te, my guess is that she's 16, and definitely not ready for breeding yet *laughs*. I'm unsure, but I heard that Nunhs might not even last much, and that being defeated might also mean being killed. I could always imagine that my Miqo'te's father lasted just a few months (or a few weeks) as a Nunh. He's a random character who doesn't matter much anyway.

Who would the current Nunh be, then? I think R'aqsha would be awesome, he even has a story of how he got there. I also love how he's planned many details about his Tribe. Naunet, could we include all his ideas in the K tribe as well? Meaning, perhaps not everyone would be good with spears (my chara will use an axe herself, for example), but there'd be an important number of Miqo'te NPCs who are, and the same applies to the female dancers. Would that work?

I think it's great that we're discussing this matter now, before the game starts, so we can adapt all the ideas and find a setting that works for everyone ^^

(Edit: Now I can imagine my Miqo'te training to become a good dancer *amused*).

Okay, a very rough draft of a tentative family tree - photos included where I could find them.

0Y235px.jpg

R'aqsha would fit in the same generation as K'airi, K'airos, and K'aijeen, and would be the second nunh alongside K'yohko (who sired Wolf and Clover's characters). These are miqo'te in their 20s or 30s. There are a lot of gaps where I'm not sure where we want to connect characters and/or fill in places with additional PCs/NPCs. R'aqsha, I'd very much appreciate input regarding your character's family history as it could fit into this tree!

Also, anyone else please provide feedback. xD

Awesome work! *-* And thank you so, very much for including K'yohko. That was very considerate >w<

Quoting Naunet since I pushed his tree to the previous page:

Okay, a very rough draft of a tentative family tree - photos included where I could find them.

0Y235px.jpg

R'aqsha would fit in the same generation as K'airi, K'airos, and K'aijeen, and would be the second nunh alongside K'yohko (who sired Wolf and Clover's characters). These are miqo'te in their 20s or 30s. There are a lot of gaps where I'm not sure where we want to connect characters and/or fill in places with additional PCs/NPCs. R'aqsha, I'd very much appreciate input regarding your character's family history as it could fit into this tree!

0Y235px.jpg

Thats looking nice, I have my family worked out if you want the pics and names?

Also seeing where Antimony fits now makes more sense.

Awesome work! *-* And thank you so, very much for including K'yohko. That was very considerate >w<

Do you have any preference as to K'yohko's family history, or can I just connect him to whoever?

Thats looking nice, I have my family worked out if you want the pics and names?

Also seeing where Antimony fits now makes more sense.

Ooh if you have stuff, do provide! :D And I will get them in. It's easy to move stuff around to make room for more people because I've got everything on its own layer in PSE10 haha.

Do you have any preference as to K'yohko's family history, or can I just connect him to whoever?

Admittedly I am leaving important details like that to Clover since I am completely new to this but I don't think she would mind so long as she could choose her own mother(?) In any case she won't be able to reply until tomorrow, sorry ;;

Ok so the family goes 

Grandfather and grandmother don't have names yet.

Okhi'a Epocan Khaze'to's father, Mate of Khaze Zhwan

ffxiv2013-07-0617-44-15-92_zps07ad590a.png

Tyakha Zhwan, eldest child

ffxiv2013-07-0618-07-46-02_zpsd92fecbf.png

Khaze'a Zhwan, 2nd child

ffxiv2013-07-0617-38-52-37_zpsc2905d82.png

Then Khaze'to Zhwan

then we have Khaze'tp's two younger sisters who don't have names yet. 

ffxiv2013-07-0618-16-14-96_zpsba7dd231.png

and 

ffxiv2013-07-0618-51-35-81_zpse32dbab9.png

If anyone can come up with names or wants to RP a member of the family let me know. Also the reason Khaze'to looks older than Tyakha and Khaze'a is because I'm playing it as they got time jumped and that's how they look in his head.