Choosing a Seeker Tribe.

Clover

What Tribe would you like the most?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Tribe would you like the most?

There's no limit to the ammount of nunhs according to the Miqo'te Naming Convention thread. There's a nunh every 10-50 females, so you can have quite a lot of nunhs in a single 'sub-tribe', as long as birth rates for males are enough (and, in an lore-friendly sense, as long as it's implied there're more females than males).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup! Since I imagine this particular branch of the K tribe is around 20-30 individuals at any given time, they have two nunhs per generation (though there are sometimes shufflings in the ranks, when a tia breaks his way into nunh-dom, or a nunh disgraces himself or whathaveyou).

Im liking how my extended family is turning out however how you lot will take to Khaze'to ic will make for some really interesting rp.  That is if and when we eventually meet.  Im also liking all the Khaz and Khazz names. I can mess with back story just because of that.  Got to say never thought I would be more connected to seekers at this point.  And this could make for some interesting  rumours on the wiki.

Out of interest, is anyone playing a time skipped adventurer? If you took part in the battle or were an adventurer then you might have met Khaze'to's older brother and sister.

Judging from Anti's backstory, there aren't so many viable mates for the Nunhs that they can't keep up with demand. K'piru had a relationship with K'thalen, and K'thalen was present at the birth of K'piru's first daughter (K'airi?), and he seemed to be fairly emotional invested in the event. So I'd guess that the culture of this particular K sub-tribe puts a decent amount of father/lover pressure on the Nunhs. They aren't just studs that get so much tail they don't even know the lady's names.

Honestly, I prefer it that way. I was hoping for K'aijeen to have had a strong relationship with K'thalen before he died, based on the father/daughter thing. If the entire tribe is thirty people, then K'thalen would've had three to five mates and prolly somewhere between seven and fifteen kids. That gives him plenty of room to have personal relationships with all of them, though I'm sure the depth of those relationships would've varied.

Hi, I'm Twinflame and I like to ramble about RP. Nice to meet you.

So I was looking for images and info on what hipparion are/look like, the ffwiki doesn't show anything but the naming thread but im on my tablet and that could be part of the issue.  

So as I was unable to find anything I put my brain to the task, hippa is greek for horse as my knowledge of horse evolution has taught me.  So I am guessing its some kind of wild prehistoric fantasy horse.  This hypothesis is further backed up with hipparion being a genus of horse that died out long ago. Given I have not seen many horses in ff because of all the chocobos I'm p wrong.  But then odin has a horse so you never know. Please put my wondering mind at rest.

Also with regards to not enough tia and things we could just have npc unnamed tia and females as back ground characters. It also gives place holders if other people want to join the tribe.

Hipparion actually refers to an extinct genus of North American wild horse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipparion

https://www.google.com/search?q=hipparion&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0o7vUYLvLKGSyQGZooDwCw&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

Lots of pictures! They're cool animals.

Also with regards to not enough tia and things we could just have npc unnamed tia and females as back ground characters.  It also gives place holders if other people want to join the tribe.

This is what I figured we'd do. ^^ Placeholders until/unless someone else comes along wanting to RP as one.

So as I was unable to find anything I put my brain to the task, hippa is greek for horse as my knowledge of horse evolution has taught me.  So I am guessing its some kind of wild prehistoric fantasy horse.  Given I have not seen many horses in ff because of all the chocobos I'm probably wrong.  But then odin has a horse so you never know. Please put my wondering mind at rest.

*EDIT: Nau ninja'd me. I'll get her next time!

I's also a prehistoric real world horse. Extinct, unfortunately. Just google it and wikipedia will pop up. I also know that horses do exist in Hydaelyn. In addition to Odin riding one, there is one in Ishgard's city seal. It's possible there just aren't any in Eorzea, or that they're endangered or even extinct in this fantasy.

Heh thanks guys for the answers, I didnt see them as i kept editing as I thought of new info to share, its slow to do so on my tablet. I know about the real world one its more what is it in eorzia, are we assuming then that hipparion don't exist in eorzia but instead come from what ever land miqo'te used to live?

are we assuming then that hipparion don't exist in eorzia but instead come from what ever land miqo'te used to live?

Oh, that's a thought. The tribes are a pretty ancient custom:

In the mass exodus which occurred during the Fifth Umbral Era, 26 Seeker of the Sun tribes crossed the seas (which had frozen solid as a result of the Calamity) to Eorzea in search of food and warmer climates. The names of these tribes contained many sounds which were difficult to represent with the existing Eorzean alphabet; but the fact that there were the same exact number of tribes as letters in the Eorzean alphabet was taken as a sign that they were destined to make the new realm their home, and so assigned each tribe with a letter/sound that was closest to its name. Over time, this resulted in the changing of the pronunciation to more closely resemble the pronunciation of the Eorzean letter than that of the original word.

The tribe names are originally based on traditional beastkin, scalekin, or cloudkin totems, which are said to protect the tribe.

So it seems likely that the animals represented in the tribe names - those "totems" - were all creatures found in miqo'te native lands, rather than those found in Eorzea (though there is some overlap).

It may also be worthwhile to suggest that members of the tribe may carry tokens or other trinkets, and some clothing or housing materials may be adorned with the image of their totem animal.

Slightly off topic how involved would the Nunh be in raising the children in the tribe. Trying to work out some back story. 

I also think we will need to consolidate all the different ideas that the tribe has had into one cohesive whole, I think given that we have decided on K as the tribe that maybe a new thread might be called for to discuss this.

Also came up with some name for the grandmother and the youngest sisters, they are Shami Zhwan, Nasha Zhwan and Senah Zhwan respectivly.

Considering the size of the tribe then I don't think it would be unfair to say that nuhns(possibly varying depending on the character as well) may have a rather involved relationship with most if not all of his children, but as someone already pointed out, just to varying degrees.

Anyone want to play a resentful, neglected-feeling child? Heeee~ ^^

You guy's are sure putting alot of work into this! I'd like to actually join the K'tribe as a Tia, as I already have an alt or two planned and I rather enjoy playing Seekers.

I'm afraid my main will remain in the L'tribe though, the name just doesn't work otherwise =3

From what I see, we have at least six females that are actual PCs but I am unsure of their affiliation. I'm sure what you mean would be females that are still an active part of the tribe, however I have lost track of some other characters and stories and am unsure who is where.

From what I see, we have at least six females that are actual PCs but I am unsure of their affiliation. I'm sure what you mean would be females that are still an active part of the tribe, however I have lost track of some other characters and stories and am unsure who is where.

Its more fleshing out how many NPC females and males are in the tribe, start with how many Nunh we have, then how many Tia and then how many females below that, simply working on females being the most populous being at the base of the pyramid.

Its more fleshing out how many NPC females and males are in the tribe, start with how many Nunh we have, then how many Tia and then how many females below that, simply working on females being the most populous being at the base of the pyramid.

Ohh, I beg your pardon then. I see what you mean ^^

You guy's are sure putting alot of work into this! I'd like to actually join the K'tribe as a Tia, as I already have an alt or two planned and I rather enjoy playing Seekers.

I'm afraid my main will remain in the L'tribe though, the name just doesn't work otherwise =3

Yes! Please join! We need Tias (*A*)

My Miqo'te is supposed to be my alt as well, but I have the feeling I might end up playing her the most *amused*.

Yes! Please join! We need Tias (*A*)

My Miqo'te is supposed to be my alt as well, but I have the feeling I might end up playing her the most *amused*.

I was going to make a Keeper, but the way this is turning out, I might end up with two Seekers instead. Also, to whoever it was that linked that Family Echo site, thanks, I just wasted an hour digging around my notes for all the names and relationships between my characters just to build a family tree.

Either way, you may put me down on the family list as K'ahna Tia, age currently in the early twenties. I don't mind if anyone want a brother/half-brother/cousin to push around, I haven't planned his family much *yet*.