Rate the person above you's name

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Would you care to share if you have any personal preferences? Certain vowels maybe? Certain letters or its combination? What do you want the first letter be for example? 

I think to know more about your preferences would help the rest to make any incoming suggestions much more accurate rather than a spray and pray :D

If it's Tir-something, how about putting a "C" in it somewhere? I personally think the letter brings out adorable-ness :D

--Tir-imca, Tir-atcha, Tir-enca, Tir-michi, Tir-chata,

I don't have any singular letter preferences (It doesn't have to start with Tir- that was just a random collection of letters.) 

All I need is for it to be short (1-3 syllables), and to flow nicely with my given name when said aloud.

I'm currently dabbling around with

Shirako

Khorir

Sorei

And Tirahlo

VIII

1: Sorry for the bad grade. This doesn't seem like a "name", more if a nickname. It doesn't follow any lore naming conventions. If there is a story behind it which would make it significant, I'd like to read it. Otherwise, I am left looking at what I think is a nickname that isn't particularly interesting. Maybe you can provide the character's actual name if this isn't it? Without knowing more about the story I can't say much more.

Name: Zizirimu Yayarimu

8/10 only because the lat name doesn't seem as powerful as the first.

Whoever comes after this post, don't rate my name!!

Anyhow, just wanted to say all male Seeker Miqo'te have  the last name Tia (most common) or Nhun (if they're a breeder male) :D

Males do not take family names, as they are each considered the ‘origins’ of new families. In place of a family name, they are given a title that denotes their tribe, and their position within it. For a male Seeker of the Sun, there are only two positions available—breeding males (nunh – pronounced ‘noon’) and all others (tia – pronounced ‘tea-ah’). All males are born as tia. At any time in their lives, a tia can challenge the tribe nunh to battle. If the tia is victorious, he takes the nunh’s place as tribe breeding male (until he is challenged and defeated), and the nunh becomes a tia once again (if he survives the ordeal). This is done to ensure that the tribe’s offspring are of the finest stock. Depending on its size, a tribe may have multiple nunh (a ratio of one nunh per ten to fifty females is average).

Oh! Then make that a 10! I really like the first name. Also don't rate me either.

/points up

VIII

1: Sorry for the bad grade. This doesn't seem like a "name", more if a nickname. It doesn't follow any lore naming conventions. If there is a story behind it which would make it significant, I'd like to read it. Otherwise, I am left looking at what I think is a nickname that isn't particularly interesting. Maybe you can provide the character's actual name if this isn't it? Without knowing more about the story I can't say much more.

Name: Zizirimu Yayarimu

Well mine was ignored a wile back and has since gone lost in the threads of time, so I will rank the last name given and hope mine is not skipped over this time

Zizirimu Yayarimu sounds like a Lalafell name...and a creative one. I will give it a 7.

The names I would like rated are a Male Hellsguard Name: Hayden Olkendar

and a female highlander name Emily Azeiel Kamba

The names I would like rated are a Male Hellsguard Name: Hayden Olkendar

and a female highlander name Emily Azeiel Kamba

Both these are really good names and role off the tongue well. I would say a 8 on each.

the name I'm planing to use for my elezen is: Remx (Rem-mee) Blackstone.

I like the sound of that name,  has a very magical feel to it .  8.6 out of 10

I plan on using Fiona Swift  or  Fiona Swiftarrow   ;  not exactly unique or super original but I've never been very good with names.

I was always a fan of the name Fiona, I give you a 8/10. Its such a pretty name and definitely sounds 'fantasy' born as well.

I plan on using the name: Costia Demora (Midlander)

I plan on using the name: Costia Demora (Midlander)

I really like the name, it sounds good and rolls of the tongue. However it sounds to me a bit more Spanish or Latin American rather than the Anglo Saxon, Celtic, or Briton names for Midlanders; but maybe that's part of the character's background. I know my male Midlander's name is a bit different. I rate it 7.5/10.

I've not settled on a single character yet, and I may not, I'm a complete altaholic. All these ideas are works in progress so any comments and feedback gratefully received.

Male - Hyur - Midlander

-----------------------

{Older man than character create lets me make}

Calkrow Lyndez - Comes from a small remote village of very reclusive people who are actually descendants of the people from the Island of Nym. He has been sent out by the village to find out what is going on after the time slip event.

Female - Hyur - Midlander

-----------------------

Kaylel Wilder - A former servant/maid from one of the powerful houses in Ul'dah. Has left, perhaps run away, for a life of adventure.

Female - Miqo'Te - Keepers of the Moon

--------------------------------------

Taeh Lehl (pronounced by non-Miqo'Te as Tae Lel) - Background still undecided

Female - Elezen - Duskwight

---------------------------

Mordelle T'Varr - Believes that the isolationist view of her people is wrong, keen to explore the world.

Male - Hyur - Midlander

-----------------------

{Older man than character create lets me make}

Calkrow Lyndez - Comes from a small remote village of very reclusive people who are actually descendants of the people from the Island of Nym. He has been sent out by the village to find out what is going on after the time slip event.

Female - Hyur - Midlander

-----------------------

Kaylel Wilder - A former servant/maid from one of the powerful houses in Ul'dah. Has left, perhaps run away, for a life of adventure.

Female - Miqo'Te - Keepers of the Moon

--------------------------------------

Taeh Lehl (pronounced by non-Miqo'Te as Tae Lel) - Background still undecided

Female - Elezen - Duskwight

---------------------------

Mordelle T'Varr - Believes that the isolationist view of her people is wrong, keen to explore the world.

Calkrow Lyndez - 7/10

I do like the name, though I'm not entirely sure on the pronunciation of the last name. However, it doesn't sound very midlander to me, so I dropped a point for that.

Kaylel Wilder - 7/10

I find the first name a bit jarring for this one, but the last name is fun and simple and could be fit into the midlander naming conventions with some creativity.

Taeh Lehl - 8/10

Love the first name and surname individually, but I think they sound a little odd together.

Mordelle T'Varr - 10/10

Love this name. The first name is very fitting and has a strong and pleasant sound to it. And the last name just rolls off the tongue.

As for my own character, I have N'klas Tia, a male Seeker of the Sun.

EDIT: *sigh* I'm an idiot. Missing the point of this thread entirely by not rating the name above my post!

Connal Fearon - I'm gonna go 8/10 It's pretty good, has a bit of an Irish tilt to my ears. It's not just an average name you'd hear every day. Good stuff.

I'm really struggling for names I like for my male Wildwood Elezen.

So far I'm between the two below, the one with the higher rating is the winner!

Lumenaux Salavant

Eisen Laurient

Lumenaux Salavant

Eisen Laurient

Hey all,

Lumenaux Salavant

Lumen, the unit of measure of the light + aux to make it french.

Salavant in french can be interpreted as "Dirtyforward". Sale-Avant.

As french probably won't play on NA servers, I'll note this 7/10 because there's no french meaning anyway.

Eisen Laurient

Eisen is iron in german.

Laurient makes me think of Lorien mixed with the firstname Laurent.

German is a bit misplaced here. I'll note 5/10 because I like the surname Laurient.

Now, despite that topic was asleep for a week, I wish to read what you think of my name please:

Disclaimer: Knowing nothing about FF lore, I used a name generator, can't remember wich one, HORROR, and changed just one letter :dodgy:

So if I had to note myself, I would give me a 4/10, eh, hard to give up on privileges 8-)

Evai Pehsh

Female early teenager (=14)

Keepers of the Moon

From somewhere in the Black Shroud (to determine)

Pronounciation:

Evai, like Evay.

Pehsh, not like with a e, but with a french é, a kind of open e, like "ay" in "say". 

First "h" is mute, sh is like a cat hiss. 

The "Peh" opens the mouth for a hiss.

For those who knows french, that monosyllabic sounds like the word "pêche".

And here we are at the elaboration

"pêche", the peach, and its soft sweet skin.

"pêche", fishing, because cats love fish aren't they? :cactuar:

Evai, the first name, simple as that.

Voilà, suggestions are welcomed too.

Evai Pehsh

Female early teenager (=14)

Keepers of the Moon

From somewhere in the Black Shroud (to determine)

Pronounciation:

Evai, like Evay.

Pehsh, not like with a e, but with a french é, a kind of open e, like "ay" in "say". 

First "h" is mute, sh is like a cat hiss. 

The "Peh" opens the mouth for a hiss.

For those who knows french, that monosyllabic sounds like the word "pêche".

And here we are at the elaboration

"pêche", the peach, and its soft sweet skin.

"pêche", fishing, because cats love fish aren't they? :cactuar:

Evai, the first name, simple as that.

Voilà, suggestions are welcomed too.

I think the biggest problem with this is that it requires heavy phonetic description so it is not horrifyingly butchered.

I'd say 5/10, because while the name does have that problem, it at least sounds lore-friendly.

Character name: Virgil Manentyv

Character is Miqo'te, though he was given his name by his godparents, a Hyur male and a Roegadyn female.

Virgil is in reference (OOC) to the poet Virgil, who wrote the Aeneid and several other great works. In character, Virgil is reference to a similar figure, also a Hyur, who lived during the Second Astral Era.

Manentyv, "Moon Thief" in the Roegadyn tongue, has a double meaning. It speaks of his father, the Seeker who stole the Keeper's heart, and the mother, the Keeper who stole lavish gifts in order to propose to the Seeker male.

Character name: Virgil Manentyv

Character is Miqo'te, though he was given his name by his godparents, a Hyur male and a Roegadyn female.

Virgil is in reference (OOC) to the poet Virgil, who wrote the Aeneid and several other great works. In character, Virgil is reference to a similar figure, also a Hyur, who lived during the Second Astral Era.

Manentyv, "Moon Thief" in the Roegadyn tongue, has a double meaning. It speaks of his father, the Seeker who stole the Keeper's heart, and the mother, the Keeper who stole lavish gifts in order to propose to the Seeker male.

As much as I'm leery of the cliche behind the name "Virgil", I do like the story you've modeled for your character around it, especially if you take the effort to include subtle references in your character's mannerisms and such. I really like the last name and the meaning behind it.

I'd give it an 8/10, with just a couple points shaved off because of the cliche nature of a name like "Virgil".

I know I already posted in here, but I thought I'd toss in the name of another character I'm building up:

Sah'ot Kith

Keeper miqo'te, poacher and former undercover spy for the Garlean front in the Shroud, who was nearly exposed before a certain Agency stepped in and... ahem, cleaned things up for her. She now works within the top tier of this Agency, continuing her information gathering efforts in the Shroud and Gridania.

9/10..Sah'ot Kith..I love it. It keeps to miqo'te naming with the two syllables..and the name itself reflects your characters submersive/ stealthy life imo..:) 

My character is Nyla Starsong..miqo'te keeper of the moon..surname I know isnt typical of miqo'te culture, but my characters backstory would reveal why she has that name ( hyur step father..a bard..but biological father is miqo'te hehe

(I think crossbreeding, metissage, are a mistake, FF is not modern times. There's only 40-50 years that we practice metissage deliberately in the world, except incidents. It's a very modern idea that doesn't fit to that world in my opinion. 

Also, the character creation do not offer the possibility to represent physically that metissage.

Crossbreed between Miqo'te and the other "races"* are especially nearly impossible if we speak about the keepers of the moon, because of the way they live, apart from others except a few in Gridania, but not to the point to have kids with other *species. SPECIES, not races. They are probably non even compatible with their DNA, .. the tail, the ears, the fur, making having kids impossible.

Even between KoS and KoM I don't see metissage happening the way their kind and traditions are described.

How to create a crossbreed between Reo and Lala (who are probably DNA compatible) then?

Why should you limit the metissage?

How are you going to create that character then?

No really, this is, modern, romantic, but lore breaking and RPscientificaly impossible

This is what I think and I am sure of.

So may be you'll change your mind, may be not, but I won't recon crossbreeding in RP or I'll be shocked, and make abstraction of those characters as I'm free of my choices as you are free of yours.

I think you should think more in character before choosing a background

Edit: it's like saying you fight with powerful laser swords and travel by space shuttle in FF despite we can't see it

Also remember the Mendel laws, in genetics the male is dominant, but more than that, the grand parents influence the most.

So you can say IC you are crossbreed, but I can think IC you are mythomane or just mad, then that will be RP, but it's better to write in your background:*affirms he-she's child of two different species*)

Hullo! :moogle:

I'm new to the crowd, and thought I'd throw my name in the hat here to get the thread going again. No one for me to analyze, so I'm the voluntary victim then!

By the by, if anyone has a link to Lalafell lore (beyond the ffxiv website), I would appreciate it. I'm still working out a backstory and whatnot.

Oh, and Fotix (pronounced like "Fox" but with that extra syllable) is Dunesfolk.

No really, this is, modern, romantic, but lore breaking and RPscientificaly impossible

Though I actually disagree with you regarding cross-breeding (Squee has states specifically that it's possible; just rare), I think you misunderstood Naleia's character. They aren't a hyur-miqo'te crossbreed; they just have a hyur step-father.

Hey guys!

Yes, Naunet is correct. My character is not a "crossbreed" between Hyur and Miqo'te. She simply has a STEPFATHER who happens to be Hyur. I will explain in her backstory that I am currently in the works of writing about why she has that name. I would like someone to rate her name on that basis hehe. Thank you Naunet for explaining that for me. HOWEVER, that is an interesting explanation of your view on crossbreeding, Deathgasm. Thank you for that. I think that in the future, if the developers say that crossbreeding is actually possible in this world, then maybe people will create such characters. BUT, my character is not a crossbreed! If anyone would like to rate my character's name, here it is again! 

-Nyla Starsong, Keeper of the Moon, Archer/Bard class. Her story is coming soon! ;)

I give her name an 8, I like that she has family that extends passed just the same race as well.  Love and Family know no bounds! And now on to my  character name as much as I'm worried about being gone by the time I can make her.

My character's name is Steel Melody  she's a hellsguard of course and following that they name themselves easy things for other races to remember I thought it was fitting for the character I'm creating.

I give her name an 8, I like that she has family that extends passed just the same race as well.  Love and Family know no bounds! And now on to my  character name as much as I'm worried about being gone by the time I can make her.

My character's name is Steel Melody  she's a hellsguard of course and following that they name themselves easy things for other races to remember I thought it was fitting for the character I'm creating.

I like it! An 8 if you're not planning on RPing her as a bard, a 5 if you are.

My Sea Wolf Roe-bro is Rhylund Ganzentsyn.

Do your worst.

I like it! An 8 if you're not planning on RPing her as a bard, a 5 if you are.

My Sea Wolf Roe-bro is Rhylund Ganzentsyn.

Do your worst.

I'm not lol. :moogle:

I do like yours as well so an 8 back!

i rate you name a 8/10 it's actually rather orignal depsite its simplicity.

My chara name is Firae Elric who is most likely going to be wandering Thm eventually black mage. no story arcs or even a profile for him yet but ill get around to making it.