Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes

lol, only Legacy players can even bother with Coerthas and Mor Dhana right now with the level cap being what it is...

Being that all content above level 20 is disabled this weekend as well, all we can really do anyway is just look around. :)

A lot of good stuff in those notes!

:evil:

How come I don't see anything about Flying Mounts?

8-) *walks away slowly*

I'm joking of course; though the patch notes seem more like a synopsis of the game features at the moment rather than fixes/bugs. Still very sad to see they kept the lv 20 cap in place. They really are worried people are going to use the 3 day "free trial" to blow through all the content and just not pay for the game it seems.

Hmm... Is it that easy to reach Lv.20?

Why can't we just play it slow and easy, and takes time exploring or something?

*hehe, just joking, don't take offense :D

But really though, I think I'm a slow player progression-wise, I hope I can still find some people to show me around just for the sake of experiencing the game's content to its fullest, or to run low level dungeons even after months after the launch.

It says that we will be able to customize our retainer's appearance and personality too!

I'm debating as to whether I should use an NPC from my character's story for his retainer or not. It could be interesting to RP finding his mother when I get the retainer, and I can't help but be reminded of Pokémon Silver (Mom: Do you want me to save your money for you?) when I think of that.

I like all the new keyboard shortcuts: /teleport, /macros, etc.

I hope they add /chatmode (/cm) like from FFXI where you can choose the default output for your text (party, ls1, ls6, say, etc.)

I know it can be done with the mouse toggle but I've always preferred to use the keyboard almost exclusively, particularly when RPing.

The rest of the updates look great though!! Friday can't get here soon enough~ :bouncy:

Does anyone know what time tomorrow we can download FFXIV?  I saw a few people post pictures of ARR downloading on Tumblr so I thought maybe it was already tomorrow in Japan, but I'm still getting the maintenance message.

ETA: Is anyone getting up way early on Friday morning to play? Beta starts at 2 am in my timezone and I am seriously thinking about setting my alarm to get up and get started. I am going camping this weekend and want to get a few hours of ARR in... it is all I've been thinking about all week!

I was very impressed with the weather effects. It seems that they are seperating idle thunder from lightning, and storms from rain. I also appreciate the additional weather including sand storms, dust storms, heat waves, and separating snow from blizzards. The fog is great as well. I wonder whether or not they will have morning fog.

It might seem like little things, but it makes Eorzea feel so much more organic.

I also appreciate the /visor emote, being a GLD and later a PLD. I will be utilizing that a lot, and it's yet another little thing. The little things stack up.

Especially the lip syncing and the materia feature of being able to fuse someone's materia with someone else's weapon.

Very, very nice.

I was very impressed with the weather effects. It seems that they are seperating idle thunder from lightning, and storms from rain. I also appreciate the additional weather including sand storms, dust storms, heat waves, and separating snow from blizzards. The fog is great as well. I wonder whether or not they will have morning fog.

It might seem like little things, but it makes Eorzea feel so much more organic.

I also appreciate the /visor emote, being a GLD and later a PLD. I will be utilizing that a lot, and it's yet another little thing. The little things stack up.

Especially the lip syncing and the materia feature of being able to fuse someone's materia with someone else's weapon.

Very, very nice.

While I sure people will complain, I would love it if Limsa gets hit with pea-soup thick fog on the rare occasion.

While I sure people will complain, I would love it if Limsa gets hit with pea-soup thick fog on the rare occasion.

Let them.

It'll allow people to realize that FFXIV ARR isn't just some generic fantasy illuminated space that you grind stuff in. That it's actually a living, breathing world that'll have *gasps* environmental challenges that change by the day. Just like in real life.

Let them.

It'll allow people to realize that FFXIV ARR isn't just some generic fantasy illuminated space that you grind stuff in. That it's actually a living, breathing world that'll have *gasps* environmental challenges that change by the day. Just like in real life.

Yeah, but after the fallout over the zombie event on WoW (which I was sadly out of town for) I just don't think they will put in Mr. Magoo fog in, even for the short real time it will take for an in-game morning to pass.