Your -Real- Class/Job

Chance

I have realized after reading many posts on the beta forums, and a few posts here that many people don't have the class/job they really want to be available to them yet. My question to you all is what class/job are you waiting to drop everything and reroll to? 

Mine is Dark Knight for my Disciple of War class, and Blue Mage for my Disciple of Magic. I just hope they add Dark knight onto Marauder if they do decide to implement it.:D

Mine is Dark Knight for my Disciple of War class, and Blue Mage for my Disciple of Magic. I just hope they add Dark knight onto Marauder if they do decide to implement it.:D

Unless Dark Knight uses an Axe now I don't see that happening. Remember that Jobs are just extensions of their Class, they don't use different weapons from the base class and non of Marauders abilities strike me as being very Dark Knighty.

And to answer the question I already got the class I want, Black Mage, though if not that then a REAL Summoner class... even though I know that won't happen.

my mage already has his class/job in Arcanist/scholar. However I would happily roll out a fighter class character if they drop some sort of gunner that blended into a machinist( would love to see some magitek combined with rifles for a sniper or something)

Dancer. Not only because it would work with my character, but because I love that freaking job. I was looking forward to Flayer as well around launch of 1.0, but that never came to be.

For me the name of the class isn't as important as the weapon used...

I want friggin flintlocks and whips, dammit!

Not for the same class obviously.

But those musketeers have been teasing me with their muskets since 1.0. Seeing my very first character holding a flintlock pistol has given me something to hope for that has yet to be delivered!

As for whips... summoners should REALLY have those. Not books.  o_o

Besides Dark Knight, some sort of hemomancer or Blood Knight would fit me the most. I agree gunblades or greatswords would be great. Something closer to a Shaman or Druid than Conjurer is would be nice and appropriate for Kevaraan, as well.

While the system has great potential for hybridization as is, I have an acquaintance that initially refused to pick up the game because it had no Red Mage. I pointed him towards Bards, but he's still pining. 

I just read about Rune Fencers and I'm hoping we might get something like that.

Unless Dark Knight uses an Axe now I don't see that happening. Remember that Jobs are just extensions of their Class, they don't use different weapons from the base class and non of Marauders abilities strike me as being very Dark Knighty.

And to answer the question I already got the class I want, Black Mage, though if not that then a REAL Summoner class... even though I know that won't happen.

Because no class uses either of the Dark knight's weapons (Great sword/ Scythe) I sense them either making a new class (Executioner maybe?) with Dark knight as the Job, or they allowing a current class to use a second weapon. Conjurer's going from wand to staff is a good example I would think, or maybe how Gladiator's use Swords AND daggers. It would make sense either way.

Oh plus I feel like the marauder skill set suits the dark knight more than the gladiator one does, call me crazy.

Thief, Where is my thief. T_T Give me my sneaky dagger wielding archetype! D:

Playing a Pugilist at the moment as its as close as I can get at as it stands. I'd drop class/chars in a heartbeat if it was a requirement to get a thief.

I'm with you when it comes to dropping everything and running to your ideal job, I'd send Chance into the shredder if it meant he could be reborn as a Dark knight 8-).

I love support classes so much, so one would think I would be happy playing White Mage. But everybody and their brother plays a friggin' White Mage so something based on status effects could be really cool. It would be awesome to play as a Time Mage!

I was really disappointed, like many, to find there were no Thief, Red Mage, or Dark Knight classes. Those are all such iconic Final Fantasy classes!!

I love so much of what is in this game, but I have to echo the thief sentiments. It's an original. From proto-ninja to treasure hunter to crazy megacephaly-suffering monkey boy, thieves have been some of the most beloved characters in the series. Mug :love:

The second they add in a thief, I'm swapping. Hands down.

On another note, I'd like to see something of an engineer/item user show up. Someone with an auto-crossbow that tosses grenades. The Edgars and Rikkus of the series who always don't quite fall into their own standard job. I think that would be a wonderful addition, particularly considering there is an entire empire that uses machina/magitek.

I'm a VI enthusiast. I can't help it.

Dragoon is already in, so I'm kinda set there. However, I would REALLY like for Blue Mages and Samurai to be included into FFXIV. If that happened, I'd end up switching between those three jobs like I did in FFXI(With most time being spent on Blue Mage due to that lovely spell grinding!)

I'm quite happy with dragoon but I would love to see ninja and samurai added, I had a blast playing them in XI. Also as far as ninja goes I'd rather they were a sneaky rogue/thief type instead of the tank class they became in XI. Dark Knight would also be pretty cool and instead of making a new class for it to start as why not add great swords as another weapon option for marauder since CNJ, THM, and GLA can each use 2 different types of weapons and then have Dark Knight be a DPS job similar to how Arcanists can become summoners for DPS and Scholar for a healer?

Dancer. Not only because it would work with my character, but because I love that freaking job. I was looking forward to Flayer as well around launch of 1.0, but that never came to be.

I want to also echo the dancer. That would just be too good. I always found it to be absurd, but that never stopped me from using it. :moogle:

From an RP standpoint having Dancer's with our Bards would be um... PHENOMENAL AND make for great RP travelling Troupes =P

They've done some amazing things with this game already, but yeah the minute I can use a greatsword the closer I'll be to how I envision my character