Your -Real- Class/Job

Chance

Well, between Warrior and Dragoon I'm all set here! Heh.

I would like to see Blue Mage sometime soon, though... it's just such a wonderful class, though admittedly I don't know how they'd make it work in the framework of an MMO (and no, I didn't play FFXI).

In FFXI when a mob the Blue Mage was fighting used an ability it could learn there was a chance that the Blue Mage would learn said ability but it wasn't 100% chance. This also lead to a lot of grinding since many of the better spells were learned from enemies not often hunted by parties. In short it was a lot of work to get your blue magic spells.

Considering how FFXIV is I'm not entirely sure how they'd go about a Blue Mage getting it's spells. There is the boring option of them just being those 5 job abilities they get though.

I would drop everything if Time Mage was made available.  The amount of control those guys possessed was incredible.  

Mime would also be really fun too.  It would be a pretty awesome mechanic if you could mimic the abilities of the people in your party, or obtain abilities that had been used against you in a given encounter.

As far as another healer goes, I would love to see chemist.  It could be one of the first jobs to use a disciple of magic (conjurer) and disciple of the hand (alchemist) as its pre-req classes.

After experiencing the first two Goldsmith quests and being introduced to Gigi, I really want Puppetmaster to make it's way from XI to XIV in some form.

Doesn't have to be called the same! I'd just like a more 'mechanical' pet class.

Especially if my pet hurls insults at my foe's bosom and butt size.

Oh Gigi... :love:

Mine would have to be a REAL Paladin. I'm sort of disappointed with the job so far. Lore wise they stapled it to the Sultana, really limiting what it can be. Mechanics wise so far they just seem a little blah. I'll re-assess as I get higher in level, but Paladins don't feel like Paladins anymore.

Red Mage all the way. From the sound of it I'll be going scholar for now because I do so enjoy mitigation healers (as opposed to big bomb overhealing healers like whm) but as soon as Red Mage happens, I'll switch immediately. Whatever role it ends up serving, I just love its aesthetic.

I would certainly not mind Thief and Puppetmaster if they can work them in. I'm pretty sure they won't want to go the Treasure Hunter route and make Thief a pure utility class like in XI, so I'm hoping to see them be more of a support DD that could apply various debuffs, likely poisons, evasion/defense down, etc. The Sneak Attack and Trick Attack abilities from XI were great, too, and I'd love to see them make a return. I'd want to see them retailored slightly to be better at soloing though. In particular, I'd want:

1. Trick Attack to deal bonus damage if the enemy is facing you, but even if the enemy isn't facing you, the attack's enmity would still be transferred to someone in front of you (assuming there is in fact someone in front of you)
  2. An ability that briefly binds the opponent so that you are able to run behind them for a sneak attack even while soloing (since there won't be any sleep bolts to do this like in XI)

Then, Puppetmaster was pretty much the most fun class in XI. It was intricate enough that it could have been its own game. I would love to see it reinterpreted for XIV.

A tough question, though the first thing that springs to mind is a dark knight - especially if it makes use of a large broadsword. There's no shortage of potential classes/jobs that could be added, either so I look forward to seeing what the future brings!

Er, I have no idea what other classes there are outside what's in the game now ...

:blush::blush:

I'm not very picky though.  I ususally find one and stick to it, though in a game with the ability to change class, it's gonna be haaaaard.

:cactuar:

I'm really happy with Lancer/Dragoon for X'sato, though I do fear their class mount might break the lore surrounding the class so I have been thinking of other classes he could possibly become in the event my fears come true. 

In that event, what I would go with highly depends on the role of the class/job. I'm a pretty terrible tank, so I generally stick to melee dps. ANYWAY, enough rambling. I would love to see Dark Knight, Red Mage, Samurai, Rune Fencer, and Ninja. Kind of cliche choices, I suppose but eh. If they made a Final Fantasy equivalent of the Slayer from TERA, I'm jumping on it the second I see it.

It's not a class I'd "drop everything" for, because the character I would want it for isn't my main. But I do have a character concept that I would love to be able to represent with an actual in-game class, but I would need an engineer-type thing (either DoH or DoW-categorized) for that to happen.

Gief me an engineer, Squee!