New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum!

An Aetheryte for your House!

Forgot to lock your house door? Perhaps you think you left the stove on? It sure would be nice to get home in hurry for cases like these, yeah? 

One of the objects you’ll be able to place around your house is an aetheryte that will function much like the ones found around Eorzea. This will allow you to set it as a home point and use "Return" to head home in a flash.   LINK

Woot, thats pretty cool

Have they released info on the costs for housing yet? or heck subscription costs, it doesnt matter on either account cause i'm perfectly ok with throwing them my money and my gil!

as soon as i get my codes to work lol.

Nada on the housing other than some insight.  Yoshi-P in one of the LIVE letters stated that the small~medium size Free Company housing would cost the equivalent of 3 adventurers saving all their gold until lvl 50 or so.  My feeling is that personal housing will be much less demanding as that, but without the benefits that the FC housing will offer.

Sub fees are something like this:

$11.99 gets you one character per server, and only a certain number of servers.

$14.99 gets you 8 characters per server, and no server restriction

Yaaaay for hearthstones! I wonder if Yoshida is referencing an idea of Hearthstones from Dark Age of Camelot. You could put one in your basement and set it as your home point for quick travel :3 (It was quick 'cause you could also put a teleporter npc in there to get to other cities >.>)

So excited!!!! . Only three days left! I can hardly stand it! :bouncy:

I wasn't aware that player/guild housing was going to be in the game at all up until I read this thread, so my excitement for the game has risen significantly! Does this mean that I have to be careful as to which city state I start in, or can I switch to another later on?

Woot, thats pretty cool

Have they released info on the costs for housing yet? or heck subscription costs, it doesnt matter on either account cause i'm perfectly ok with throwing them my money and my gil!

as soon as i get my codes to work lol.

Nada on the housing other than some insight.  Yoshi-P in one of the LIVE letters stated that the small~medium size Free Company housing would cost the equivalent of 3 adventurers saving all their gold until lvl 50 or so.  My feeling is that personal housing will be much less demanding as that, but without the benefits that the FC housing will offer.

Sub fees are something like this:

$11.99 gets you one character per server, and only a certain number of servers.

$14.99 gets you 8 characters per server, and no server restriction

Ah u know, i recall it being something along those lines, one of the games where 1 character is plenty but in this situation ive got no reason to not give them all my money lol. I hope they got the 90 day sub available at launch. Not only do i want to continue to support them.. i sort of want some vet rewards :moogle:

Ah u know, i recall it being something along those lines, one of the games where 1 character is plenty but in this situation ive got no reason to not give them all my money lol. I hope they got the 90 day sub available at launch. Not only do i want to continue to support them.. i sort of want some vet rewards :moogle:

I'm curious how that's going to work myself, actually.  I typically use my credit card to pay for my subs, but that's not really paying in advance...  They did say that if you paid for 90 you'd get all 3 at once, but didn't specify when...