Alternative to Gilgamesh?

Login limitation is happening on all worlds after maintenance, yes, but character creation restriction on gilgamesh has been a constant since very, very shortly after launch.

I actually have made a tally (because I like tallies, okay?) of the worlds who had announcements about character creation locks made on the official EN news twitter, if anyone's interested! Others have had creation locked too, naturally, but not deliberately in the same way these have - always in a way that can be fixed by a few refreshes.

Carbuncle |

Masamune |

Garuda |

Bahamut ||||||

Chocobo ||||||

Tonberry ||||||

Mandragora ||||||

Odin ||

Shiva |||

Behemoth |||

Cerberus |

Excalibur ||||

Hyperion ||||

Ragnarok |

Gilgamesh ||||||

Leviathan ||||||

Moogle ||||||

Aegis |

Gungnir |

Masamune |

Garuda |

Ultros |

Diabolos |

And onto things that are not silly tallies! I'm absolutely fine with a lack of official support, honestly I'm realistic enough to not expect the bulk of the Gilgamesh community to want to move. What I want is to be able to keep all the people who can't play on Gilgy right now to one server so everyone can play together.

Mostly I'm just a little weirded out that so many people on Gilgamesh are so absolutely against even that much, something that would not affect them at all - there are people here getting upset over the fact that people are talking about going somewhere other than Gilgamesh when they literally cannot make a character on Gilgamesh. People actually saying 'no you're not allowed to have fun if it's not with me'. It's not splintering the community at all. Bringing everyone who can't get to Gilgy or doesn't want to be separated from friends who can't to one world to play, either temporarily or permanently, would keep the community together.

What will splinter the community is failing to do this. People are stuck with Gilgamesh because of four days of playtime, maximum. If Gilgy doesn't come back before launch, this is going to continue for longer than four days. If people who can't get to Gilgamesh just go to whatever server they can without being organized, chances are they're going to make their own friend groups and stay there.

I'm okay with a lack of official support, but people are going to find a server and dig their heels in no matter what. I'd just really like it to be the same server.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with a lack of official support, but people are going to find a server and dig their heels in no matter what. I'd just really like it to be the same server.

Are you also fine with agreeing not to openly try to recruit people away from Gilgamesh and Balmung who might be willing to wait and/or transfer later? :/ I doubt that..

Are you also fine with agreeing not to openly try to recruit people away from Gilgamesh and Balmung who might be willing to wait and/or transfer later? :/ I doubt that..

If they can't get in right now, I don't see the issue with someone making a character on another server with other RPers.  Ultimately, it's every player's personal choice.  You can't "poach" someone.  They have to choose to go to a particular server.  We're all adults (I think, anyway).

If they can't get in right now, I don't see the issue with someone making a character on another server with other RPers.  Ultimately, it's every player's personal choice.  You can't "poach" someone.  They have to choose to go to a particular server.  We're all adults (I think, anyway).

You'd be amazed.

You are literally saying here that you don't want people who can't currently get on to Gilgamesh to be able to play at all.

Does that not strike you as a little selfish?

You'd be amazed.

Not really.  I've played WoW for five years now, both in RP guilds and high-end, hardcore raiding guilds.  If you think that competition for guild members isn't intense there, you're mistaken.  Yet, in the end, it is ultimately the player's choice where they want to go.  If you are offering them the choice of a) sitting out and being unable to play at all or b) going somewhere where they at least know there are some other RPers, the choice really isn't that hard at all.

Trying to put players in a position where their only option is "sit out and wait while everyone else has fun" is selfish in the extreme.  I have friends currently locked out of being able to create characters on Balmung.  Should I tell them that they should just not get to enjoy the game while I am (ostensibly, damn you Error 1017!) playing?  I don't think so.

You are literally saying here that you don't want people who can't currently get on to Gilgamesh to be able to play at all.

Hell no, I want them to come to Balmung. :)

I've always been for uniting the community. A third server is an absolutely terrible idea, unless it's temporary, and from the sounds of things, you don't want it to be temporary.

I am currently locked out of the game as well. Within a week, you guys could all be on one of the already chosen RP servers. Instead, you are being impatient. Why? Because you can't level? Because you're "falling behind"? It's not a race, and we're ALL experiencing server problems right now. This is just asinine.

I've always been for uniting the community. A third server is an absolutely terrible idea, unless it's temporary, and from the sounds of things, you don't want it to be temporary.

I am currently locked out of the game as well. Within a week, you guys could all be on one of the already chosen RP servers. Instead, you are being impatient. Why? Because you can't level? Because you're "falling behind"? It's not a race, and we're ALL experiencing server problems right now. This is just asinine.

While I think I understand where you're coming from, I don't think you have the right to tell other players that they shouldn't roll on another server because doing so would make them "impatient" and that it's somehow "not important" that they can't get in (not what you said, I understand, but that is how it's coming across in your post).

It might be permanent?  Well, okay, so?  I have characters on three servers in WoW.  Why wouldn't I have characters on multiple servers here?  There's also server transfer if they want to bring that character to Balmung once congestion eases.

But the truth is, it's probably not going to ease up next week.  Or even the week after.  It may not ease any further after that.  We just don't know.  So you're asking people who can't get in now to wait on the hope that server congestion might let up enough for them to roll on Gilgamesh or Balmung at some point...in the future.  Which you hope is next week, but can't actually guarantee.

A lot of people have thier own reasons for not wanting to be on a legacy server. I am glad that Balmung's so welcoming, but it isn't really the solution to the problem this thread is about since we're talking specifically a place for people who don't want to play on a legacy server.

You're right in that I wouldn't want it to be temporary for my own reasons - I am worried for the long term more than anything and I do believe that the sheer number of people in Gilgamesh, as well as the reputation of the two big groups we're sharing it with, will scare away a lot of people - but that's not why I'm arguing, really. I just want everyone who's going 'screw this, I just want to play' to be able to play without ending up digging their heels in all on different servers. 

People are being impatient because they want to play the game. I personally have been waiting for this game for years (I preordered PS3 V1, because my computer couldn't handle gaming at the time. I have been waiting for this game for three years now). Other people may not have been waiting that long but they're exited. They want to just play, and once they have played they're going to be unwilling to lose progress in the same way many of the current Gilgamesh people are.

The solution isn't really waiting, because even if I personally wait, a lot of people aren't going to. If 'just wait' was a solution then people would have been willing to wait for V2 characters to catch up with V1 ones before moving to Balmung.

I chuckled at this...sorry. My head is odd.

I don't want to wait either, but I don't actually even have a choice in the matter. I have to wait. My main is on Balmung, which is currently in a constant state of "server full" and before that other various errors.

It's not a matter of telling people to wait while we all sit and have fun, because the majority of us are NOT having fun right now. We're locked out too. We're crashing. We're unable to progress due to the instances not loading. It's MMO growing pains, and it will pass.

I had a friend earlier try to create a character and only ONE server was available on NA/EU - yet another reason waiting for Gilgamesh or Balmung should be considered..?

ikr it's hilarious isn't it Y'vali

Seriously. If you guys choose a 3rd server.. well. Whatever, I guess. If progression is that important, have fun progressing?

I'm not talking right this second, I'm talking within the next week. The chances of Gilgamesh opening up before launch are looking low, and at launch there'll be another rush of people who'll close it up for even longer.

And once again, this is not about Balmung. This topic was made looking for a non-legacy server. Rolling on Balmung is fine - it's one of the options I was looking into personally because of my personal problems with Gilgamesh - but it's not relevant to this thread.

I'm out of this thread.  Made some suggestions it were ignored or put down and that upsets me as I feel I am being lumped in with others from Gil and their opinions.  All this is causing more stress and negativity which is being directed at others. 

I won't be coming back here so if you want to reply you can do so in PM

Enjoy the game and RP how ever you want.  I'm done. :arrow::cactuar:

I'm out of this thread.  Made some suggestions it were ignored or put down and that upsets me as I feel I am being lumped in with others from Gil and their opinions.  All this is causing more stress and negativity which is being directed at others. 

I won't be coming back here so if you want to reply you can do so in PM

Enjoy the game and RP how ever you want.  I'm done. :arrow::cactuar:

Horribly confused as to what you're talking about (and why you're upset), but um...whatever works for you.  :-\

I don't want to wait either, but I don't actually even have a choice in the matter. I have to wait. My main is on Balmung, which is currently in a constant state of "server full" and before that other various errors.

It's not a matter of telling people to wait while we all sit and have fun, because the majority of us are NOT having fun right now. We're locked out too. We're crashing. We're unable to progress due to the instances not loading. It's MMO growing pains, and it will pass.

I had a friend earlier try to create a character and only ONE server was available on NA/EU - yet another reason waiting for Gilgamesh or Balmung should be considered..?

ikr it's hilarious isn't it Y'vali

Seriously. If you guys choose a 3rd server.. well. Whatever, I guess. If progression is that important, have fun progressing?

QFT

It may not be a race per se, but many of us have obligations to progress our characters as efficiently as possible so that we can contribute to endgame progression with our guild. "Falling behind" is a legitimate frustration to not being able to log in. Hell, I was able to create my character on Balmung, but even I'm stuck feeling like I'm "falling behind" while others in my guild continue leveling. I don't like feeling like I'm not contributing as much as I can to my group's goal. That is not asinine; it's called wanting to contribute to the team.

QFT

Yes, well, we know that it's all just whining as far as you're concerned.

I let it pass the first few times. But this is getting ridiculous. There was one post that was borderline whining, so i pointed it out, explaining that what that poster wanted to do would be hard and difficult and it would take more work than "hoping" to get done.

Then I get a flurry of posts from people who say "that my post was meaningless and had no purpose in this topic what so ever" in which THOSE posts actually had no merrit, but I let that slide.

Now, i agree with someone who actually put the things I believe into a better worded format, and I get called out for an earlier post that im pretty sure you already harassed me about.  Then when i put more content into my posts, it gets ignored but the previous post still gets quoted instead.

I swear, every other thread in this website are entitled roleplayers who only want people who agree to them and beat around the bush when it comes to talking bluntly.  I'm sorry, I call it how I see it.

Sorry for getting derailed.

Anywho, it will be hard for everyone during this time of server congestion. I especially feel bad for those who had early access and it turned into something more like "server beta 2.0".

It may not be a race per se, but many of us have obligations to progress our characters as efficiently as possible so that we can contribute to endgame progression with our guild. "Falling behind" is a legitimate frustration to not being able to log in. Hell, I was able to create my character on Balmung, but even I'm stuck feeling like I'm "falling behind" while others in my guild continue leveling. I don't like feeling like I'm not contributing as much as I can to my group's goal. That is not asinine; it's called wanting to contribute to the team.

What Aysun is saying, though, doesn't pertain to people with FC obligations.

People with FC obligations will be waiting for the server their FC is on to open up, so they can play with said FC and fulfill said obligations.

Aysun is talking to the people that are talking about switching servers because of congestion and an inability to get in and create a character - Which would void any obligations anyways. You know, due to being on a different server and able to help even less than a lower level on the same server. It's all about context, darlin'.

Aysun is talking to the people that are talking about switching servers because of congestion and an inability to get in and create a character - Which would void any obligations anyways. You know, due to being on a different server and able to help even less than a lower level on the same server. It's all about context, darlin'.

No need to get snarky, but I got the sense she was making a broader statement. And even if one didn't have an FC yet, I can still understand the want to keep up with the herd, so to speak.

@Aysun:

I really would like to see you able to endure the rage of inability to play games with your friends for last two days including open beta because of severe errors ._.

Because this is ridiculous. We are in a server full of reddit players that is overpopulating 70% of the population and 20% of other communities and 10% of roleplayers. That doesn't change that this server is beyond the save of allowing people to play on it since it's too populated. It's #1 most over populated server.

@Aysun:

I really would like to see you able to endure the rage of inability to play games with your friends for last two days including open beta because of severe errors ._.[snip]

Been there done that about a half-dozen times.

Let's just do what we want to do and stop arguing about possibilities.

Like that guy who posted to let people know on was on Sargatanas and asked who else was there.

That's a good initiative.

Arguing about the situation and who is more frustrated and why wait or why roll elsewhere?

Bad initiative.

It wouldn't of been hard to switch to, say, Lamia, when we heard about how Gilgamesh would be various other communities' go-to server, but people downplayed the overpopulation aspect, and look where we are.

It's bittersweet.

It's not declared but there is a group on Moogle whom are rping there either till more people join them or waiting for Bal or Gila to open up.