Alternative to Gilgamesh?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alternative to Gilgamesh as supported by the RPC is Balmung.

^

There was an article released by SE the other day that Reinhardt had translated that said the amount of new players on the Legacy server far outweighed the amount of old players. They think it is because people are inviting their friends.

Is there a non-legacy server alternative to Gilgamesh?

I'm having doubts about whether they will open Gilgamesh to new character creation.

There is an rp community playing on Behemoth but most of them don't use this site they use the beta forums. Just be patient though the game right now is going through maintenance for three hours when it comes back up I'm sure you will be able to get into Gilgamesh and when you do get in be sure to hit me up for the linkpearls for the chat channels.

I'm having doubts about whether they will open Gilgamesh to new character creation.

There is an rp community playing on Behemoth but most of them don't use this site they use the beta forums. Just be patient though the game right now is going through maintenance for three hours when it comes back up I'm sure you will be able to get into Gilgamesh and when you do get in be sure to hit me up for the linkpearls for the chat channels.

I'm just worried Gilgamesh will be locked for an extended period of time, like a week or weeks, due to the high server population.

Yes, I will definitely message you once I'm able to login.

I'm just worried Gilgamesh will be locked for an extended period of time, like a week or weeks, due to the high server population.

Yes, I will definitely message you once I'm able to login.

I more than understand. If you have the offline character creator/benchmark test it still works so make your character there. The game will auto import it once you are able to get in.

Here is the link below for the offline character creator

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

I imagine as people have said (I think?) that it will start to open up to new characters as people level out of the starting zones.

I was up and lurking pretty soon after the headstart opened up myself and I couldn't snag a place on Gilgamesh either - We'll just have to be patient and hope for the best. :D

I more than understand. If you have the offline character creator/benchmark test it still works so make your character there. The game will auto import it once you are able to get in.

Here is the link below for the offline character creator

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Fantastic advice here Rock!  This should allow for a streamlined start once the servers are back up.  With maintenance estimated to last a few hours it should give those of you who are having creation woes plenty of time to get those creative juices flowing and have a brand new character waiting for you ^_^

You weren't around to be friended for the ls this morning.  Will try again later

It wouldn't of been hard to switch to, say, Lamia, when we heard about how Gilgamesh would be various other communities' go-to server, but people downplayed the overpopulation aspect, and look where we are.

It's bittersweet.

And risked being on a forever low-pop realm? No thanks, I rather like Gilgamesh and it's large community. I'm having a blast.

It wouldn't of been hard to switch to, say, Lamia, when we heard about how Gilgamesh would be various other communities' go-to server, but people downplayed the overpopulation aspect, and look where we are.

It's bittersweet.

And risked being on a forever low-pop realm? No thanks, I rather like Gilgamesh and it's large community. I'm having a blast.

That's great for you cupcake.  It doesn't invalidate my point.

It's bittersweet.

That's great for you cupcake.  It doesn't invalidate my point.

I'm afraid it does sweetiepie, point for point? A LOT more people are enjoying Gilgamesh than people whom cannot log in. We have what? 128 members in the LS? More? That's insane for day one.

That may not have gone as well on another server.

I'm afraid it does sweetiepie, point for point? A LOT more people are enjoying Gilgamesh than people whom cannot log in. We have what? 128 members in the LS? More? That's insane for day one.

You could be a bit more understanding towards the frustration people who want to take part in the community are feeling regarding being locked out of said community by Squeenix.

You weren't around to be friended for the ls this morning.  Will try again later

Doc has the linkpearls as well to give out (Kayle)

Ladies and gentlemen who are not able to go on I honestly understand your frustration. All I can say is please speed up the process by using the offline character creator to get your characters done that way you won't have to take as long. I also suggest really trying to get back in right after maintenance this evening due to everyone not logging in at the same time. I want to try to get as many of you into the chat channels as possible so you guys can start networking with what you are looking for with other roleplayers on the server.

The linkpearls are waiting for you all and I promise to have one for all you ready. Docgalatic in this thread also has them as well others listed in the Coalition OOC and Limitless Sky threads. All I ask is to not be discouraged by these technical issues as they are constants in mmo launches in one way or another. So please please be patient. You can also join us in the Skype text chats while you are waiting we'd love to have you just leave your Skype names here.

You could be a bit more understanding towards the frustration people who want to take part in the community are feeling regarding being locked out of said community by Squeenix.

I believe we have a breakdown of communication here. I am in no way telling the people whom are locked out "tough luck". I'm merely telling Fenrir that we selected Gilgamesh for a reason, and that proved to be an excellent choice based on the current RP population ON Gilgamesh.

There is no point in trying to change it now, or whining about the fact that we did choose it. All it does is flaunt an arrogant "LOLITOLDYOUSO".

To those of you whom cannot play, I am deeply sorry for this. And I wish you all the luck in the world of coming to play with us soon. If you become impatient and elect to play on another server? I wish you all the best and understand your decision.

It's bittersweet.

Thank you for caring about the people who aren't able to login to Gilgamesh--it is frustrating.

I'm going to give it another day then either request a refund from SE or attempt to find another RP community on another server.

Doc has the linkpearls as well to give out (Kayle)

Ladies and gentlemen who are not able to go on I honestly understand your frustration. All I can say is please speed up the process by using the offline character creator to get your characters done that way you won't have to take as long. I also suggest really trying to get back in right after maintenance this evening due to everyone not logging in at the same time. I want to try to get as many of you into the chat channels as possible so you guys can start networking with what you are looking for with other roleplayers on the server.

The linkpearls are waiting for you all and I promise to have one for all you ready. Docgalatic in this thread also has them as well others listed in the Coalition OOC and Limitless Sky threads. All I ask is to not be discouraged by these technical issues as they are constants in mmo launches in one way or another.  So please please be patient. You can also join us in the Skype text chats while you are waiting we'd love to have you just leave your Skype names here.

I took your advice onthecharacter creation.

But No matter how rapidly we login after maintenance/downtime the server is still locked for new characters.

I'd like to add that I've really only been with the site for a little under two weeks and have felt very welcomed by the community here.  The crew on Gilgamesh so far have been a great group to chat with or just listen to prattle on.

It's been like a little pocket version of the forum regarding help as well.  There has been talk regarding server transfers and although I'm unsure how that will play out regarding population, if money isn't an issue, it might be good to try and just make a character where you can and transfer over once it's available.  (There are a lot of "what ifs" around that one though, but it is a thought)

The point of my rambling is that it will be well worth the effort of trying to get in.  Even with all the hiccups we've encountered so far I feel confidant you'll appreciate the community there.

We were talking about this in another thread: 

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3949

I would like to see one of the leaders of this site make a decision on this and post it in the header.

That landmine ain't ready to be stepped on yet. Better to wait an see, head over to Behemoth or gather some like minded folk and set sail for whatever the winds have for you. Bon Voyage!!

Balmung is currently open last time I've seen. Really consider it if you are able and you don't want to wait. You can join us on Gilgamesh later once it opens up. There is a very good community on Balmung and lots of new folk to the server. Seriously consider it and join us later if you don't want to wait ok?

Balmung is open if you're early enough, I find it tends to get closed later in the day. Fortunately for me I'm in the UK so when I usually wake up and play there's only about three servers locking me out, Gilgamesh included unfortunately...

Even though I do plan to roll my main on Gilgamesh once it's open again.

On a side note though, why are people reluctant to roll on legacy servers? Being completely new to the game - I wasn't even in the beta - I don't see what the problem is. I'm currently on Balmung levelling an alt and I've had no trouble thus far.

But that said, I generally have no idea what is going on and I'm just going through the usual quest/hand in/repeat motions. I don't even know what half of the chat options are, nor do I really understand the linkshell stuff. Not to mention I can't access Skype without moving to the PC - Same goes for the forums here, so I'm pretty isolated ingame anyway (Side note, I'm Korin Relanah on Balmung! Feel free to poke me if you -do- roll there!)

Before I start rambling off-topic again though, yeah, pretty much what most people have said. If you don't want to wait, rolling on Balmung won't hurt, right? Personally I don't like the idea of the RP community being split further than it already is. x) It's a fun little community on Balmung already and the starter zones aren't horribly overcrowded like I had expected.