Pen Pals!

ashkir

Aranya Northbrook - Hyur. "-New to the city, would like the chance to get to know more people." 

This sounds amazing!  I haven't heard of this being done in any game I've played before, but I absolutely love the idea. It's perfect for my character. She's a bit of an introvert and doesn't trust strangers well- but she tends to be lonely and would love to have more friends. She's just not really good at making that initial connection. And because of how guarded she is around strangers, she's not always that receptive to walk up RP. I think this would give her a nice opportunity to break the ice and get to know someone a little bit better first with that initial buffer of having it be through written correspondence. I'm interested to see how it works out!

I'm still a little confused about how this works IC though. Aranya isn't very likely to write to someone blindly with no good reason. Could we assume this pen pal list is something our characters signed up for that might be printed in the newspaper, kind of like a Personals section? I saw the Tonberry's Lantern section, though I haven't read it  yet. It would be neat if this pen pal idea could be included over there, and maybe we could all include a brief little note of introduction along with our names, so people would know a little about the person before they wrote. Just a thought! 

Either way, I'm brand new to the game and excited to use this as a way for Aranya to get to know some people. :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P'rido Jinh  - Lalafell (Dunesfolk) formally Miqo'te

P'rido is currently trying to network and investigate a certain Archanist that may or may not have helped her. So tips and leads are always welcome!

Please don't feel that you don't have to feed into that storyline in order to write her. If something perks her interest, I'm sure she'll find a way to follow up. 

Past that, let's have some fun and make some friends!

Aislin Rivers - Hyur Midlander

This is a really interesting idea! I've always wished that in game 'mail' was utilized more frequently and this seems like an adorable means to that end. ^_^

Curiosity would inevitably influence Aislin to respond to any and all mail, and likely to send some herself. 

I feel sad - nothing in my mailbox yet *sob*

Soooo, IC Vespino likes to travel and is keen to write about the sights and sounds he's been seeing on his travels. So if anyone wants to exchange mails on this basis feel free to send me a pm via this site and I'll send a friend request in-game (Balmung).

There! Done! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Rizta Rinn - Miqo'te! 

I love this idea, I'll prod a fair amount of you people ooc to ask if you're okay with being pen pals icly :3 My character would love this, as she's a little nerd with glasses. And I so need more ooc and ic contacts in this game for easier access to roleplay across the map.

This would be perfect since I'm just starting off with my new character and such.

Kiht Jakkya - Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon

Suggested IC reason to be sending her messages: She is currently on a journey from Black Shroud through the deserts of Thanalan. She is very new to the place and very traditional, but also quite curious about everything. Anyone who wants to be her pen pal could (pretend) to be a person she met along her journey thus far. I would roll with it. She started in Central Shroud and is currently in Central Thanalan.

On the other hand, if you can think of a better IC reason or need a different one than the one I suggested, then I'm absolutely open to it. 

I am currently working on a journal project that will be a record of her trip. Anyone she meets along the way will be mentioned (as long as I get their permission).

Y'lyfriel Sikah - Miqo'te

IC Reason to Send Her Mail--

She's a La Noscea born Sunseeker who has no actual connection to a tribe aside from her name. She spent most of her life on the La Noscean coast, and within Limsa Lominsa itself. Recently, she journeyed to the Twelveswood on assignment from the Yellowjackets of Limsa and the arcanists guild, but fell in with a company of friends, with whom she has decided to remain. She has not been in touch with any of her La Noscean acquaintances, and some might have become worried for her.

Another possibility is that her name has been spoken in the Twelveswood. Lyf is an accomplished arcanist and an amateur archer; some word may have traveled about her skill (or lack thereof, respectively) within that region.

If you'd like your character to be in touch with Lyf for a more specific reason, feel free to shoot me a PM :) Happy to work on forging more connections for her.