Unofficial RP Server is Besaid

Kylin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a name.

I keep telling myself that. But the effect is a lot less than I would like it.

Indeed we can't all be happy/be made happy with something. And I am taking just this opportunity to show that, in a thread about the very subject of my displeasure. It's what the topic is about, if someone is disappointed, it's certainly not odd to share that in a topic focused to the subject.

Besaid is awesome and your avatar kinda creeps me out' date=' cause I don't know what's causing that expression.[/quote']

You'll be even more creeped out if you discover what it's from.

I don't mean to pry' date=' but you'll have to explain to me why this is such an issue.[/quote']

ok' date=' srsly, I'ma stop flamming this thread. Bloodhecate, seriously, why?[/quote']

Because I can't get all these awkward images of a beach, Wakka, Tidus, and all the overly different things from Final Fantasy X than the more Traditional Fantasy setting out of my head.

I really do not like the Tropical image that comes into my head every time I see Besaid. I think I'd be a little better off if at least if had to be from Final Fantasy X, was something like Guadosalam, Bevelle, Moonflow, Macalania, or Mi'ihen instead.

I don't mean to pry' date=' but you'll have to explain to me why this is such an issue.[/quote']

ok' date=' srsly, I'ma stop flamming this thread. Bloodhecate, seriously, why?[/quote']

Because I can't get all these awkward images of a beach, Wakka, Tidus, and all the overly different things from Final Fantasy X than the more Traditional Fantasy setting out of my head.

I really do not like the Tropical image that comes into my head every time I see Besaid. I think I'd be a little better off if at least if had to be from Final Fantasy X, was something like Guadosalam, Bevelle, Moonflow, Macalania, or Mi'ihen instead.

But server name doesnt have anything to do with playing the game..? Its just place where your buddies are. :|

But server name doesnt have anything to do with playing the game..? Its just place where your buddies are. :|

Indeed, but that's what this topic is about. Every little bit and aspect of fun counts, and I'm talking to the one relevant to this thread. A complaint is a complaint, I don't like representing a town from another Final Fantasy I hate.

And obviously I care about more than just the typical "gameplay" aspects the game has to offer, like grinding, or I wouldn't be a roleplayer. I really get into lots of little things like character names and server names and the like.

Am I not even allowed to have sever names I like and don't like? I thought that was the point of the poll I completely missed.

I'm from florida, I'm surrounded by beaches. Nothing wrong with them. what would you want instead? Something gloomy and dark, foreboding and evil? I swear, Twilight is ruining peoples minds... VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE IN THE SUN!!! They asplode.

Nothing wrong with foreboding and evil. I swear Twilight hatedumb is ruining people's minds. We can't have good old mythology or anything like that in favor of something crass just because someone out there has bad memories of a modern Vampire novel. I guess because some people hate Twilight the world can't have good things anymore. The logic is going to eventually turn into "well Twilight has vampires, therefor Vampires are horrible. And Gothic fiction has Vampires, therefor Gothic fiction is horrible. And Gothic fiction is Victorian, therefor Victorianism is horrible. And Victorianism is European heritage, therefor European heritage is horrible. Destroy the West! Destroy Twilight!".

Tropics are fine to me for only two things, swimming and boardsports. They work horribly for a more Traditional Fantasy setting. You don't hear about cult Black Metal from the grim, crusty oil soaked beaches of the Florida coast, now do you?

Nothing wrong with foreboding and evil. I swear Twilight hatedumb is ruining people's minds.

Evil is nice, from time to time. But Twilight... Oh geez. Probably worst thing i read and seen. :cry:

Then again it's matter of taste, but i think we are going offtopic again so i must do this:

YAY BESAID!

You suppose to be sleeping! :tonberry:

Oops! I'm caught! OK, srsly, good night.

...how come there's no 'sleep' smily?

**edit**

I feel disgusted that that is being quoted in my name.
YAY BESAID!

HAH, just saw that. Anyway, dude, lighten up. It's not the worst thing that could've happened.