Unofficial RP Server is Besaid

Kylin

As the title implies, the RPC's vote has named Besaid as the unofficial RP server.

Lindblum is the "overflow" RP server. This means if Besaid ever becomes overpopulated, this is the other server to go to until another solution is worked out.

Congrats on our new home!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, seeing as how you have been registered for a week and there have been multiple posts and emails sent out about it, I figured it would be impossible not to know. I guess anything really is possible. Sorry you have such hate for a server that just came online. We are all pulling for you to overcome this difficult time in your life.

How can a server that's' date=' what, two days at most, old be your worst nightmare for RP?[/quote']

Because I hate Besaid. There's no server I'd rather avoid normally.

I'll specify, I think it's cringeworthy for a Final Fantasy game based off of the more Fantasy elements of Final Fantasy to be based off of some tropical beach. It makes us feel hard to take seriously, like we're some silly beach party who are always making tongue in cheek jokes about the Fantasy genre and Final Fantasy games. Instead of some hardcore roleplaying groups that enjoys and builds on the lore of the game.

So... don't roll... there?

But I love roleplaying as much as I loathe Besaid. So I will simply have to grit my teeth and bear it.

I will never be pleased with the fact we're going to be on Besaid, though.

How can a server that's' date=' what, two days at most, old be your worst nightmare for RP?[/quote']

Because I hate Besaid. There's no server I'd rather avoid normally.

I'll specify, I think it's cringeworthy for a Final Fantasy game based off of the more Fantasy elements of Final Fantasy to be based off of some tropical beach. It makes us feel hard to take seriously, like we're some silly beach party who are always making tongue in cheek jokes about the Fantasy genre and Final Fantasy games. Instead of some hardcore roleplaying groups that enjoys and builds on the lore of the game.

So... don't roll... there?

But I love roleplaying as much as I loathe Besaid. So I will simply have to grit my teeth and bear it.

I will never be pleased with the fact we're going to be on Besaid, though.

It's... a name... seriously, I voted Lindblum, but I am more than happy with Besaid... I'd be happy if the server was called fluffywuffymuttonchops... (ok that possibly doesnt apply here because thats an awesome server name >.>)

But still, THE important parts are we have an official home now! We all know where to roll for a large (huge) population of RPers, Castiel can finally stop drinking pepto by the bucket full and did I mention we now have a home?

Thats the point of this site after all :P

Additionally... Besaid.... FFX/FFX-2.... Paine... Lulu.... *drools* SOLD!!!!

Words are a plenty big deal. There are some things you can't say in public, right?

Words create the landscape in your mind when you read a book.

And the word "Besaid" doesn't send good images to my mind when I hear of it in relation to roleplaying or fantasy. Maybe if this was a massively multiplayer online bikini beach party playing game. But it's not.

I'm surprised nobody has tried such a thing, really. It would be a really popular Life Simulator type, I'm sure.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, something similar happened with the Sims.

I can see how this was the most logical choice, anyway. As awful as the name is, Besaid will be the most populated server. Looking at it that way, it's not so bad. In which case I really just have to blame the case that most people sadly don't share my taste in naming. I really don't see what people see in a location that so strongly clashes with the theme and feel of Final Fantasy XIV.