Unofficial RP Server is Besaid

Kylin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I felt like I had the need to respond to some later comments eventually.

I'll try to help this be dropped, then. Though I suppose that means this thread will die and not be heavily posted in later, as there's really not much to say on topic to such a subject, other than whether one likes or dislikes the name as we have done. What will go on in the server would probably come into another thread.

I'm glad to at least have a roleplaying community, on a happy, popular, well developed storyline epic Online Final Fantasy like XIV. And as I have stated at the very beginning, that's more important than having a cringe-causing, disliked, or whatever word I would use to describe the name. Just like I would rather even play this game under the lowest possible settings, than not at all.

Now, if I can only just have one of my applications accepted like I am very worried about.

I'm glad to at least have a roleplaying community, on a happy, popular, well developed storyline epic Online Final Fantasy like XIV. And as I have stated at the very beginning, that's more important than having a cringe-causing, disliked, or whatever word I would use to describe the name. Just like I would rather even play this game under the lowest possible settings, than not at all.

So very true!

Who waaaaaaaants to liiiiiiiiiiiive foreveeeeeeeeeeeer!

A bit late.. but..

I once had a LS that changed leadership, and so a new pearl was made one day while I was offline. A new name was given to it and the name bothered me greatly, bringing memories of unpleasant things. I almost decided not to rejoin the shell even though it was full of awesome people. I just didn't want the constant reminder and the mockery and dumb names that may come with the new name. (Not gonna bother saying what it was, it doesn't matter.) Point was, the name bothered me personally, but everyone else loved it. Eventually I was able to relate the new name with my good friends in the shell, and forget about the stupid things it used to make me think of. After some time, the same thing may happen for you, and Besaid may become just a name, and not "that place."

Here's hoping. Good luck. ^^

The only thing that worries me is server over-crowding, mostly because I experienced this first hand with SWG.

I had been involved in the SWG RP community, doing forum RPs, for nearly a year before the game hit beta. The community decided on Starsider then at launch due to SOE's incompetence loads of people were locked out. While I was able to create a character, the WHOLE of my guild which I was running at the time couldn't make a character there because SOE locked creation on that server. So loads of people went to Kettemoor and it effectively fractured the RP community. There were still great communities on both and I did RP on both servers, I actually RP'd as mirror universe type reflection of my main character on Kett.

Still it was a crappy thing for a great community to go through.

Only time will tell' date=' but in all honesty, I'm not really worried.[/quote']

PS3 people won't have much to worry about and I think most of us are getting CE anyways. So I mean like, with this game, the option is there that if you want to ensure you are gonna have a spot on the server you can pony up the extra bucks and get the CE to do that.

Still it always worries me, that SWG fiasco was actually traumatic as I had to sort of say goodbye to many friends.

Asytra, not only our names but also our thinking are alike!

That's exactly my only worry.

Let's cross fingers and hope it doesn't happen. :)

Hehe I saw your name when I registered and did a double take and was crossing my fingers you wouldn't be upset that they were similar. :)

Sides, maybe the naming is a Miqo'te thing? =O.o=

Asytra, not only our names but also our thinking are alike!

That's exactly my only worry.

Let's cross fingers and hope it doesn't happen. :)

Hehe I saw your name when I registered and did a double take and was crossing my fingers you wouldn't be upset that they were similar. :)

Sides, maybe the naming is a Miqo'te thing? =O.o=

Maybe!

you know, there's another who has the exact same look but a different name... Would just have been weird if it had been your case too! :P

As for the Miqo'te names I have encountered so far I am a little disappointed that we are actually not able to make them as they are in the game. One I really like is F'lhaminn' date=' as an example :)[/quote']

That is quite impressive. I like that a lot.

The lack of ability for a ' in names also ruins my ability for naming my Lalafell character Eriol O'Carrol as I had wanted. Oh, I don't see how they couldn't have done this in a setting with lots of language relying on these characters in the first place. Like the sever naming, there are all sorts of setbacks for some people, including character naming. A character name is just a name, but like other things, it has an effect of immersion. And is even a bit more important than the other in that you are always surrounded by the name of that character and in a roleplay it is especially important to have something impressive. I just couldn't stand having a name I wasn't absolutely comfortable with and I spent several days thinking of mine.

I hope I'm not going to be told something like "it's just a name" or will be considered creating drama again by saying I'm fairly disappointed in not being able to an ' to my character. Naming really is more important that people give it credit for. And character naming especially is very very important to me. Luckily I think I at least that aspect of thinking naming to be important with the rest of the group, this being a roleplaying Coalition, after all.

In any case, all that being said, I'm still a bit leery about saying I'm disappointed in something to do with names on this website anymore. So know that I am not trying to cause drama when I say I am a bit disappointed to find out that I can't use a ' in character names. Though whatever someone might disagree, I would have to say that it is my firm belief that as a person who likes roleplay, you cannot possibly make too big of a deal about at least a character name. I would stand my ground to say that character names are very, very, very important.

I suppose I will have to name my character something like Eirol O Carrol or Eriol oCarrol instead. Which one do you think sounds better?

Actually, I am with you on the lack of apostrophe. Until very recently my alt was Kimiji Mur'Zunni. That is still her name, but she goes by Kimiji West. That decision happened very recently though and until now her name was impossible. It sucks!

You can always just write the name without the apostrophe and when you ICly introduce yourself, you use the apostrophe. People often forget that because they have a name above their heads, introductions can be skipped.

On that note, my character is going to use two names, for two different "identities" and I expect people to RP with that in mind.

You can always just write the name without the apostrophe and when you ICly introduce yourself, you use the apostrophe. People often forget that because they have a name above their heads, introductions can be skipped.

On that note, my character is going to use two names, for two different "identities" and I expect people to RP with that in mind.

I turn off my names! :D Not immersive with them on!

I'm sure I've passed a ton of you as I've ran from Limsa to Gardinia today and didn't even realize it. :o

I would turn off damage text if I could too. :\

I turn off my names! :D Not immersive with them on!

I'm sure I've passed a ton of you as I've ran from Limsa to Gardinia today and didn't even realize it. :o

I would turn off damage text if I could too. :\

That can be done in Configure actually.

I would say all this hate talk of Besaid, is more generated at FFX itself.

It was the first Final Fantasy to not feel like it was a Final Fantasy.

And the first place you find yourself in the game is Besaid. So its the first think you remember.

Huge differance from FF9 to FFX.

Lindblum vs Besaid.

On the contrast you can see Lindblum reminding you of the last FF title that fealt good to play.

All in all it is just a Name, a name for the home of the RPC.

You wont need to remember it after you make your character. If your really ashamed of it, just tell people your on the Unofficial RP Server ;p

They will know what your talking about.

In time everyone will know of "Besaid" the RP Server.

Be-Why Be-Cause I Be-Said So.

FF VIII didn't feel much like a FF to me either but that's because I started with the very first. Things change and it had changed too much for me to enjoy. Others can take more change and appreciate it, and other ssimply started later with the serie.

It's only a matter of letting go.