RPC on Bluegartr

Zane

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98210-RPC-Votes-Besaid-As-Role-Play-Server

Thread about the RPC on Blue Gartr.

Be Forewarned: If you intend to post, I would recommend against it unless you are familiar with the forums. Not to sound elitist, but it's probably best left for people who normally post on Bluegartr to post since it is different from practically any other FF forum you will find out on the Web, and the mods will ban you for what seems like arbitrary reasons - especially if you have a low post count.

Also, hope you don't mind the nod in the thread at you, Kes. I just felt I had to dispel the RPers don't do endgame myth.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes.....there is so much ignorance all over that thread. Thanks for clearing things up Zane. The whole fact that RP creeps ppl out has always confused me. I wish I could just sit down with one of these bigots and get inside their head so I could see whats going on in there.

Nice to know RP is seen as some kinda retard repelling magic to some of them. Too bad it doesn't work on all.

But to be frank, this kind of stuff has been going on since Roleplay hit the gaming world. They think of us as weirdos and we think of them as morons. Despite the vast majority of either being decent people with just a few standouts making a bad name for the rest.

You know ever since the day I first braved the wilds of the Internet, my ability to put up with general ignorance has been tested to it's limit, more or less everyday.. But this.. This takes the cake. (Except I'll take it back, they do not deserve my cake)

On the other hand it's nice to see that the RPC is generating so much attention, even if this (being an extreme example of it) is ultimately pure negativity.. With some flickering lights of positivity here and there.

"To all FFXIV would-be trolls: Your easy targets are gathering on the Besaid server. This has been a Public Service Announcement."

I love how so many people completely underestimate us as "easy targets." As if we don't know how to call a GM and get a griefer's account banned. :roll:

Its always a little confusing as to what we represent to some people. We are children since we play a game differently to others. Yet people enjoy coming to our communities even if they don't RP due to the maturity that we bring. :?

As to that troll comment, I wonder if there is a simple ignore feature in FFXIV for that. That way we can say so much for one of the so few character slots available for people who want to waste time in such a fashion.

Just looking over other threads in there' date=' make me feel so scared that i don't want to look at the thread about the RPC. *lays her ears down and Shivers* uhhh[/quote']

The FFXIV section is more akin to old Allakahzam with the amount of whining, trolling and idiots.

I actually like most of the responses there.

Some idiot thinks its kiddies who RP.. obviously they're unaware that most RPers are adult as kids these days refer shooting games and stuff (even the younger RPers here would agree, I think!).

Some idiots think they can roll a catgirl and have people give them gil (we RPers -hate- beggars, don't we?).

On the other hand, some seem to have a decent grasp of what RP is or not care about it at all, some actually have an interest and some mentioned that retards would go "ewww RP" and stay the hell away.

All in all, a minority of retarded responses, and a decent amount of mature ones.

If we get some people interested in RP on that site, good. If we get people who definitely want to stay away from us, that's probably good too. I prefer it if people know what they're getting into with their servers. If they want nothing to do with ingame immersion, rolling on a server with rpers is probably a bad idea for all parties involved.

So this works out. Don't mind how they phrase it, it's good nontheless.

Also, as the saying goes, any recognition is good recognition. The more people get annoyed with what we're doing, the more legitimacy they give us as a group to take over the server.

That is the typical response for most people who don't understand or grasp the concept of RP.

Oddly enough, I am actually probably a very young roleplayer, but been doing this online since I was 9-10 years old, with myself now being 23.

I never understood, even when I was younger, why people had such a bad stigma against roleplayers, then again, I stare at some of my friends over on the MUSHes and try to understand what is there issue with the Furr community as well (along with confusing Furry with Anthro).

I guess over time, like all things, someone starts a rumor, the rumor spreads, and then it becomes "fact" though its a false fact.

Like--

Avatar's special edition in 3D having a sex scene..

WTH! It does not. -_-;;

As to that troll comment, I wonder if there is a simple ignore feature in FFXIV for that. That way we can say so much for one of the so few character slots available for people who want to waste time in such a fashion.

Try /blist. Since XI had a blacklist I'd imagine that 14 would have one also (if not yet, at least on day of release).

Try /blist. Since XI had a blacklist I'd imagine that 14 would have one also (if not yet, at least on day of release).

I don't know if there's a /command for it but Social List in the menu has both friend list and black list.

Also' date=' hope you don't mind the nod in the thread at you, Kes. I just felt I had to dispel the RPers don't do endgame myth.[/quote']

This was ok Zane, but I suspect it mostly fell on deaf ears. We tend to have a similar mindset about BG though, so I suppose it's all good. I think it's cool that we're being acknowledged though.

I don't see how anyone can be against roleplaying in a roleplaying game.

In any case, given some of the talk in this thread, I actually expected worse from that site than I got. I guess I'm just incredibly used to negativity and trolling? Of course, I didn't agree with a lot of it, but I didn't get very irritated, and I get irritated by things said on the internet more than I'd ever like to admit.

I'm playing an MMORPG to play a roleplaying game, and the games have a lot less worth and entertainment to me otherwise. They can not understand how I feel this way if they like, I certainly don't understand why they, those who don't like roleplay, feel the way they do.