XBOX One vs PS4

Personally after all the crap the XBone was proposed to have that microsoft had to retcon I want nothing to do with the system.

Now, that aside I follow a great rule. Always wait until the second release(first updated) of the new systems so that everyone else who was silly enough to pre-order can deal with all the bugs and errors that a new system will have(and these will only get worse as the tech get more advanced).

I pretty much get consoles for exclusives (PS4: FFXV, KHIII, Persona 5, etc.) and get everything else on PC. That changes if I have friends on the console version who I want to play with for multiplayer titles. See: Assassin's Creed IV which I bought for my shiny new PS4.

I'm really not impressed with either. I think that they're asking way too much for something with way too little.

That being said, I'll still likely get both for exclusives--it just burns me knowing that PCs are so far ahead of this generation of consoles already and they plan on making these things last another 10-12 years.

Edit: That being said, my PSN/Live name is Kendei. I'm more than willing to play/hang with anyone that adds me =)

Well, aside from the obvious "Glorious PC Master Race" as posted earlier; for me it's like this.

PS4 First.

XBOX One will be down the road; why? My history with Microsoft's hardware performance.

I'll start with Sony.

1 PS1, 1 PSOne (I wanted the sleeker new look)

2 PS2's (One Fat; lasted eight years, have the Slim unit still; it works)

2 PS3s (Had the fat PS3 launch edition, it died two years. Have the PS3 Slim now)

From looking at the hardware history, I might have to buy another PS4 or not at all a long time down the road.

Microsoft:

4 original XBOX (1 Disc Tray error, 3 HDD deaths)

8 XBOX 360's... (yes, seven of those all died; all original styles of the model, launch, arcade, elite. Finally last edition is the Slim; works fine; all others died of the RROD.)

From looking, I'll be needing a lot of XBOX Ones if I early adopt; just by the statistics of the systems.

I pretty much get consoles for exclusives (PS4: FFXV, KHIII, Persona 5, etc.) and get everything else on PC. That changes if I have friends on the console version who I want to play with for multiplayer titles. See: Assassin's Creed IV which I bought for my shiny new PS4.

I dont think XV is exclusive for the PS4. I am going with PS4 though because Microsoft tried to screw us and so I feel like they should suffer a bit :3

I dont think XV is exclusive for the PS4. I am going with PS4 though because Microsoft tried to screw us and so I feel like they should suffer a bit :3

I meant console exclusives. I'd be surprised if XV comes to PC.

• 3 weeks later...

Planning to go PS4, but, the Xbox 1 does look interesting. 

On some level I find the notion of 3d games in a home theater, using kinect motion controls, and backed by surround sound to be very compelling and immersive. 

Then again, I skipped the motion control stuff last generation. What did everyone think of it? Unique and fun, gimmicky, or somewhere in between?

On some level I find the notion of 3d games in a home theater, using kinect motion controls, and backed by surround sound to be very compelling and immersive. 

Then again, I skipped the motion control stuff last generation. What did everyone think of it? Unique and fun, gimmicky, or somewhere in between?

until they go full SAO with games anything other than a normal controller/keyboard will be nothing more than gimick. It's fun for about the first ten seconds, then it gets to be more annoying than anything else. The only time I found this to be different is with the light guns from arcades being adopted for console shooters. (and even then it would be gimiky for the more control heavy games that aren't just move forward>shoot>duck>shoot>move forward. )

until they go full SAO with games anything other than a normal controller/keyboard will be nothing more than gimick. It's fun for about the first ten seconds, then it gets to be more annoying than anything else. The only time I found this to be different is with the light guns from arcades being adopted for console shooters. (and even then it would be gimiky for the more control heavy games that aren't just move forward>shoot>duck>shoot>move forward. )

For the most part, I found it gimmicky, but then you have games like Metroid Prime 3 that made great use of motion control - albeit as a "pointer." When it comes to first-person shooters, I found the Nunchuck/Wii Remote combo second only to mouse/keyboard.

For the most part, I found it gimmicky, but then you have games like Metroid Prime 3 that made great use of motion control - albeit as a "pointer." When it comes to first-person shooters, I found the Nunchuck/Wii Remote combo second only to mouse/keyboard.

I guess when they make one that doesn't spaz out sometimes because you aimed at something on the very edge of the screen(which depending your setup could be the edge of the tiny sensor bar) I wont mind it as much. But nothing worse than dieing because someone is shooting you and the motion controlled aiming wont let you target what any other aiming system would have.