Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken

allgivenover

Ohhhh, the twin tails hyur hairstyle is finally available for Miqo'tes!!! I've always loved it, but I didn't want to create yet another hyur just for that. I think my Miqo'te K'mih will change into it (>////<) (she's wearing twintails already, anyway. Her hair will simply grow a bit longer).

The housing system makes me a bit sad. They advertise it as a player choosing their own home, but it won't be the case, will it? I guess only FC leaders will be able to create and decorate a house, and they'll also choose the city everyone else has to live in. It seems that only very few people will be able to play with the housing system.

Ohhhh, the twin tails hyur hairstyle is finally available for Miqo'tes!!! I've always loved it, but I didn't want to create yet another hyur just for that. I think my Miqo'te K'mih will change into it (>////<;) (she's wearing twintails already, anyway. Her hair will simply grow a bit longer).

The housing system makes me a bit sad. They advertise it as a player choosing their own home, but it won't be the case, will it? I guess only FC leaders will be able to create and decorate a house, and they'll also choose the city everyone else has to live in. It seems that only very few people will be able to play with the housing system.

Indeed. I really hope they don't try and use it as a money sink to offset the folks that have millions in gil when the individual housing becomes available otherwise they really will lock folks out.

Excitement! Terrible font they chose for the 'A Realm Awoken' title, but whatever. The Lightning hairstyle is really cute when dyed. The things I'm most hyped up over are the Crystal Tower, Haukke Manor HM, Pharos Sirius, and the Aesthetician.

Also... They're bringing Hildibrand back? Oh God... I don't even. I can't. xD

Tell me I'm seeing things! @ 5:22 it appears a player is firing a GUN!

YES! if you stop at 5:20 and look on the right of the screen there is someone in a gunner pose! then BANG!

gun_by_mitsuhideakechi0-d6wwvjw.jpg

gun_maybe.jpg

guner_maybe_p2.jpg

The third pic is a moment after the second

Also, from the looks of it in the Vid the gunner may be using his Limit.

Also, the character moves a bit after(hard to get a good screen cap) but it appears that gunner will have a sword in the off hand!

Eeee I'm excited! Even if it's just guild housing, any housing is awesome. Aestheticians, too, yay.. but I'm most looking forward to all the crazy instances. That.. Pharos Sirius? I think? place looks like another Light Party instance, maybe, gods willing, an alternative to infinite WP/AK runs?? And of course the much-anticipated Crystal Tower. And PvP! And Main Story continuity! Eeeee~

[align=center]I think I just sh*t my britches.[/align]

[align=center]First off, Gunner. You can't EVER convince me I didn't just see someone fire a gun.[/align]

[align=center]Second, Hildibrand! You know you want him.[/align]

[align=center]Third, the  Aesthetician was simply-and you HAVE to read this is the most flaming way possible-[/align]

[align=center]FAAABUUULOOOOOOOOUSSSS~![/align]

It's definitely a person using a gun, but I don't think it's a player. You can clearly see the Roegaedyn Dragoon attacking it as the Blackmage moves to dodge some line/laser AoE, the Lalafell Paladin shield lobs it a second later.

We're very likely to get some form of musketeer class eventually, but here I think we are just seeing a boss that uses guns.

-whistles- Wow! That looks like a lot of content, though kind of disappointed the housing is just for FC leads. Have that old itch to play house and make things right pretty, ah well. Maybe they'll let me scratch that itch in the near future. I do find it good that they seem to have that many new things coming out in the update gives me hope that they will be able to put a lot of things out and keep the game growing for a long time.

Missed it the first time around but...

HvmuXY4.png

Is the Aesthetician half-Elezen? He has smaller pointed ears with Hyur proportions.

I thought the same thing until I went back and rewatched it. I had thought his face looked strange for a Hyur, but didn't really go much deeper than that.

They show an Elezen with that hairstyle while teasing the system, and the face the NPC has is in fact an Elezen face. He also has incredibly long arms, so I'm going to assume he's just an Elezen. The hairstyle merely threw me off personally, since it was originally Hyur only.

I'm just glad I can finally rearrange my hair style and facial hair now! The snow hair looks pretty cool, probably gonna rock it for the first few months.

Though what really caught my eye is this little gem pictured here with track pad paint skills.

Pvptalentswithmadpaintskills_zpsc387f8fc.png

It looks like there's going to be various skills of PvP based on Free Companies and your job. What I want to know is what do the diamonds mean? Are they a point buy style system where you have x amount and each power costs this or is it just how powerful they are against players?

I'm just glad I can finally rearrange my hair style and facial hair now! The snow hair looks pretty cool, probably gonna rock it for the first few months.

Though what really caught my eye is this little gem pictured here with track pad paint skills.

Pvptalentswithmadpaintskills_zpsc387f8fc.png

It looks like there's going to be various skills of PvP based on Free Companies and your job. What I want to know is what do the diamonds mean? Are they a point buy style system where you have x amount and each power costs this or is it just how powerful they are against players?

Hmm interesting, the Maelstrom is the highlighted Grand company under "PVP" So perhaps there is a GC-PVP action tie in?

The bar along the bottom of the panel outlines that you can have a max of 10 "pvp" abilities, the scroll bar and 4 non-selected abilities show that there might be quite a few.

The Diamonds are curious, I thought they might be based on your rank, each diamond being one major rank up, but because they're not in order i'm hesitant to place much weight behind the idea..

It doesn't appear to be tied to the ability type, 2 diamond "Glory smash" and 3 Diamond "Skewer" both sound like 'attack' abilities. Maybe some kind of resource PVP related that is consumed upon their usage? like a combo bar filled up in fighting games?

Hrm..