A french girl searching for roleplay.

Hi there !

I'm Ludivine (pronounce it "Lu-dee-vee-ne"), I'm 20 and I leave in France, near Paris. "Pingouine", is a pun about the female of the penguin, in french.

In real life, I study finance, in order to make a lot of money, bitches ! become a bank advisor in an agency, or work into the French Bank (the national "bank of banks").

I had my first Final Fantasy Game on PlayStation 2, it was Final Fantasy X, and it's still my favorite FF Game. But I also like Pokemon, The Witcher, Mario, The Elder Scrolls (not the online one ...), Rayman, Left For Dead (and other zombie games like Resident Evil, Dead Island, etc), and I played lot of MMORPG like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars (1 and 2), Aion, League of Legends, Star Wars : The Old Republic, WildStar ... and Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 (during one week).

I have a quite good level in english, but I make mistakes, I think.

I came here to find other roleplayers, because on french servers we don't have many roleplayers ... And I'm bored. Bored of those who plays only with their beloved friends in game and don't pay attention to the new roleplayers, bored of those who thinks that "If you play less than 30 hours a week, then you do not deserve to play with us !" ... I have a social life too, dammit. 

So I come in peace, and I'm asking you a question :

- What server can I choose ?

I hope this message doesn't scare you, and that I will have fun with you guys.

P.S. : I already have a character on Ragnarok server, a bard iLVL 93, and I'm thinking of switching it on another server. Maybe not. I'll see that later. Maybe I'll create a new one. "Bref" (=anyway), as we say in french.

Balmung has a fairly active EU community to my knowledge, and RP definitely doesn't require 30 hours a week. Since the central city hubs are pretty busy I'd recommend trying to roll an alt and seeing if you like it at all. Our server's on lockdown pretty often but windows around this time or a few hours earlier have been met with good results.

Penguins are my power animal.

If you don't find yourself able to create a character on Balmung (I've been stymied for the last few days myself..and it's getting a tad frustrating!) you can also set up shop, even temporarily, on Gilgamesh. It is also sometimes locked for creation, but not quite as often. I confess I don't know much about the EU presence there, but you should be able to find some folks to RP with. Good luck!

I suggest Balmung. It's the biggest RP server, and like Warren said, we have quite a few FCs that are either EU based, or who are active at EU times.

I don't think transfers are an issue, but to make a new character on Balmung you'll have to keep checking at low traffic hours. Friends and I have usually managed to make new characters on Balmung during early morning EST, about 6/7AM.

Balmung and Gilgamesh are both viable rp servers. I've seen it said that Balmung has more active rp happening in and around the world, but I have also seen it said that Gilgamesh has fantastic depth and inclusiveness in their rp -- you just have to be more proactive in finding it.

Either server will do you well for rp, imo. What you can do is create a test character on each to see if there is one you like more, or go browse the Linkshell/FC Hall to see if there is a group that appeals to you.

Huzzah for RP! Welcome to the RPC! I hope you are able to find the rp you're looking for.

I just transfered my main character from Ragnarok to Balmung ! I'll be very happy to play with you all ! Thanks a lot ! :D

Nice! I was able to do the same. I believe the expanded capacity since there was an announcement early this morning posted. 

Hope to see you around in game, fellow bard.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I'm back ! It has been 2 years since this message, and today, same problem : I'm bored on my current server (I went back on Ragnarok after a break) and I have some questions :

• Will the jet lag will be a problem ? Cause there's 6+ hours between France and North America ....
  • I'm not that fluent in English, are people very hard to please with that ?

The French community is not active and I cannot find a place for my Marauder FemRoe.

Will I find a place on the Balmung server ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Hi,

I'm back ! It has been 2 years since this message, and today, same problem : I'm bored on my current server (I went back on Ragnarok after a break) and I have some questions :

• Will the jet lag will be a problem ? Cause there's 6+ hours between France and North America ....
  • I'm not that fluent in English, are people very hard to please with that ?

The French community is not active and I cannot find a place for my Marauder FemRoe.

Will I find a place on the Balmung server ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

The lag isn't the worst - and when it comes to actual people, Balmung has a sizable EU population represented in the RP crowd. There's guilds that are EU only and guilds that are both open to EU and NA players. There's a discord server for them, and there's a tumblr that increases awareness of EU RP events on a weekly basis. 

Not being fluent in English isn't a huge problem, at least from my perspective people are usually alright with understanding the occasional grammar & spelling errors. I also know there's other french people around, maybe you'll be able to find some of them! 

However please note that in the 2 years that have passed, the character creation is now completely locked down 99% of the time. The only reliable way in is through a paid transfer, but the good thing is that you can bring over up to 8 characters in the same paid transfer. 

Good luck o/

The EU scene is quite active with FCs, LS and discord groups.

French wise I only know a couple of folks but then nationality is not something I check for that much. Language wise there are many where English is not their first language and so quite a bit of tolerance. 

From the UK I have no problem PvE and PvPing and even gave up any form of speed up service, just basic Internet. They fixed a lot of the lag problematic fights some time ago. For RP you wont ever notice things.

I recently took a break and tried to get back into into BDO, SWTOR, WoW. I found them quite sparse, while in comparison Balmung is quite alive.

If you are around past 9pm (UMT+1) then things do pick up as the NA crowed appears. But even in the EU day there are folks around from Europe. 

The only complaint I have heard is around Raiding, for that you will have to find an EU times group.

[Edit] - Housing is all gone, so your only option there is to find FC and buy a room.

Ravi de te rencontrer et bienvenue! Si tu cherches un indic en français, tu peux passer me voir, je parle la langue de Molière. Et je me sens moins seul d'un coup. Y'a une petite dizaine de FR qui se baladent sur le forum, je te laisse les trouver.

I had to pick that thread up, I just had to. English Second Language RPers are legion on Balmung from what I've seen, you just have to ask. Turns out most aren't as american as they seem.

As others say, there are several EU communities, but I know some NA people are willing to accord to us. If you tell them kindly you live six hours ahead, some will not hesitate to log on earlier to roleplay scenes etc. To me, playing with NA people has never been an issue, even during the periods where I live 'normally' A.K.A. I don't go to bed at 5AM.

The best way to measure your abilities is to kill your entire family is to practice by simply roleplaying in English. o7 People have always been very patient with me, brace yourself for baguette jokes and you're in for a good time.

I have a problem with the World Transfert.

When I choose "World Transfert" on the Mog Station and I select my character, it says "No character available for the World Transfert", but I see my Roegadyn on the list.

I checked every conditions and there's no problem, I left every FC, every LS I was in ... I haven't any home or apartment, my servants don't sell anything ... I don't see what's the problem.

Can anyone help me about this ?

Thanks a lot.

Edit : okay, it works, I'm just stupid, thanks a lot !