Limsa Lominsa RP Hotspot Poll

Where do you want increased rp to happen in Limsa?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want increased rp to happen in Limsa?

• The Drowning Wench
    • The Missing Member
    • Astalicia (ship)
    • Fisherman's Bottom
    • Aftcastle

This poll was designed to have players pick a spot they'd like to see increased rp within. The winner (and followups) have been chosen. Below you will find my current plan to help increase the rp -- just so y'all are aware of what's going on and so you know I'm still working on it. :D

The Drowning Wench (WINRAR)

• Short term: I will be sending pms out to FC leaders to see if they would be willing to have a tavern day once a week (or hell, once a month) just to get increased activity and visibility. In a perfect world where the ideal happens, it would be a rotating thing to help get regular rp happening.

• Short term: Likewise, I will be trying to do increased rp in the Wench, and encouraging

• Long term: I'm working with a few other people to get some regular once a month event type things going.

• Long term: Start sending semi-regular pms to those who have posted in the Limsa Character directory to help ensure people are aware of what is going on. But with an opt-out option. Because I really don't want to bother people who don't want to be bothered (and if you read this and are in the Limsa directory and don't want to receive pms for this sort of thing -- reply in this thread or send me a pm and I'll make sure you aren't included :) ).

• Long term: Once the rp in the Wench is a bit more visible and active, we'll work to use those connections to start moving forward on the Treasure Hunt rp thing as an opt-in rp to help deepen and broaden Limsa rp between people who rp there.

The Missing Member (first loser) & Astalicia (second loser)

• [*] Long long term: Once steady rp has been established in the Wench, start working on increased usage of the Member and Astalicia. Could be several months from now, but it's something to keep in mind. :)

I dont think its that people don't want to RP in Limsa Lominsa, its that they cant. Too much lag for one reason and another is that there are just not enough attractive hotspots, exempting the drowning wench, that people would like to RP in.

On the other hand though, that's subject to change, since RP's constantly change environments and develop so one day people may need to RP in Limsa. Just a thought though.   :I

EDIT: That doesn't mean I wouldn't RP there though. Give me a time and if I can find a suitable reason for my character to be there IC then I will be there. xD

Ahh, there are some of us who do rp frequently in Limsa -- part of the problem (as we've discussed in the other thread) is that much of the rp is sort of separate from other rp that happens there. RP is in sporadic locations, and often in Mist, meaning that new rpers or those looking to find rp in Limsa often have a difficult time doing so, and don't know where to start looking. So if you want to see the discussion on that aspect of it, please read the thread here to see if maybe there's something going on(or a character you want to rp with via the directory) that interests you!

I dont think its that people don't want to RP in Limsa Lominsa, its that they cant. Too much lag for one reason and another is that there are just not enough attractive hotspots, exempting the drowning wench, that people would like to RP in.

On the other hand though, that's subject to change, since RP's constantly change environments and develop so one day people may need to RP in Limsa. Just a thought though.   :I

EDIT: That doesn't mean I wouldn't RP there though. Give me a time and if I can find a suitable reason for my character to be there IC then I will be there.  xD

I respectfully disagree. There are places to rp in Limsa, and people do want to. It's not so much about lag or IC needs to rp there. We've kind of hashed this out already in the Limsa RP thread (see Zhavi's link below). It literally is that no one has worked to set up a centralized spot. In Ul'dah that is fairly easy as the Quicksand forms the lynchpin for the city. Limsa is trickier. And so without the lack of a central spot, folks sort of rp on their own, and what we are trying to do is set up a spot akin to the Quicksand where people can come to generally rp. :) 

And please don't read my reply as an attack or anything. Just letting you know there is a real desire for Limsa RP and Zhavi and other folks in the Limsa RP thread are trying to sort of develop it into a more set way in the city.

*cheers everyone on*

EDIT: That doesn't mean I wouldn't RP there though. Give me a time and if I can find a suitable reason for my character to be there IC then I will be there.  xD

My opinion is exactly the opposite... Limsa has many usable areas for RP, so many that its difficult to pin down one primary congregation area for RP :)

This makes it quite a bit different from Ul'dah (which has lovely areas for RP, but generally one pretty clear general congregation point).  Variety is a wonderful thing :)

I have to agree with Aya in that there are quite a few spots that would be perfect for rp'ing in.. ^^; even if im a bit guilty of defaulting to the Drowning Wench myself.. but that seems to be where most frequent.

@Ayi

@Rurutani

Oh, so you guy's are basically trying to set up a congregation area for RP? Okay then. Also, I didn't take offense at what you said. Neither did I say the Limsa wasn't a good location for RP, or that it completely lacked locations to RP in. I meant it in the term that it did lack compared to the other city's like Gridania or Ul'dhal, but I digress.

I remember a couple of weeks ago that I RPed in Limsa at the drowning wench with another guy. We RPed eating a meal together as well as drinking a bit of ale and talking about general ongoing stuff about other characters we RPed with before. I know for a fact that Limsa has potential to become an RP hub at any rate so I guess I take my comment back at any rate.

I love RPing in Limsa, but one thing I would think would help would be the removal of some NPC's. The Wench, The Bismark, and the Missing Member all have a significant portion of the table space taken up by NPC's so it makes it a bit tougher to have a larger group of people hanging around.

That said, I love RPing in all those spots. Just would like to see more room for PC's to use.

I love RPing in Limsa, but one thing I would think would help would be the removal of some NPC's.  The Wench, The Bismark, and the Missing Member all have a significant portion of the table space taken up by NPC's so it makes it a bit tougher to have a larger group of people hanging around.  

That said, I love RPing in all those spots.  Just would like to see more room for PC's to use.

Oh, yes! I agree entirely, and the Quick Sand too!  I understand what they were doing with the NPCs, and they would help add life to the place if it were empty, but I think the designers underestimated the success of their own game :)

To Mr. Voltage, I don't actually RP in Limsa (not often anyway, since Aya's story doesn't have her out of Ul'dah much any more, but I did used to RP there quite a bit), so I am not trying to get anything done there, I was just making an observation regarding Lima's potential as an RP area, which I think is terrific :)

I love RPing in Limsa, but one thing I would think would help would be the removal of some NPC's.  The Wench, The Bismark, and the Missing Member all have a significant portion of the table space taken up by NPC's so it makes it a bit tougher to have a larger group of people hanging around.  

That said, I love RPing in all those spots.  Just would like to see more room for PC's to use.

LOL they did put a lot in didn't they? I just sit in their lap and say ICly "Dad, aren't I too old for the lap anymore?" :P

My favorite place is the Missing Member, though it's small.

Ah, though getting people to rp on that ship would be boss.

I liked it a lot more once I realized it's a dick joke. Maybe I'm slow but I only noticed like a week ago. All female pirate crew, missing member, yup. Limsa certainly has more panache then Ul'dah haha.

I liked it a lot more once I realized it's a dick joke. Maybe I'm slow but I only noticed like a week ago. All female pirate crew, missing member, yup. Limsa certainly has more panache then Ul'dah haha.

xD I noticed that right away, had a great moment of walking past, double taking, then that dawning "Heeeeeey......."

I didn't even know the Missing Member was there until a few days ago when I was forced to find it. It's so out of the way. I'd vote for that spot simply because it's away from the mainstream area so as to avoid trolling or unwanted spam.

That being said, it is small. Limsa does have the advantage of the top three RP spots being in the same area (Wench, Member, Bismark), so no transitions.

I am slow.... O.o

*immature giggling*

Edit: On a more serious note! Cast my vote for the Aftcastle, only because it's outside and in walking distance of both the Wench and the Member. There's a lot of traffic from non-RPers, though, so that's something to consider. Honestly, I'm fond of all the suggestions on the poll.

The Missing Member is a 'no boys allowed' establishment, any man that walks in is likely to learn why it is called 'The Missing Member' the hard way... are you men man enough to risk it?

The Astalicia as a hub may cause "Wahhh this is my swingset!" bickering if multiple are using it as their ship...

I voted for the Missing Member. Like its been sorta mentioned, its off the beaten path so you don't have a ton of people just running through all the time like the Adventurer's Guilds. The lack of space sucks, yes, but we can sort of branch out from there as it fills up. There are a couple of balconies, plus you can start to branch out right into the Aftcastle a bit. Its a good spot to start off in, find people to talk to, then spread your legs if it becomes needful.

For the purposes we're hoping to get out of it, I think it works the best, but as long as somewhere is picked I think we'll be fine.

I voted for the Missing Member. Like its been sorta mentioned, its off the beaten path so you don't have a ton of people just running through all the time like the Adventurer's Guilds. The lack of space sucks, yes, but we can sort of branch out from there as it fills up. There are a couple of balconies, plus you can start to branch out right into the Aftcastle a bit. Its a good spot to start off in, find people to talk to, then spread your legs if it becomes needful.

For the purposes we're hoping to get out of it, I think it works the best, but as long as somewhere is picked I think we'll be fine.

Yow. Umm... stretch your legs?

I know what I said.

(I'm totally kidding, that was either a typo or a Freudian slip, whichever.)

Hey, it is Limsa. If you're a Seeker that's totally accurate.. ~

I'm going to vote for the Drowning Wench, if only because the Missing Member may not be the most.. welcoming place to outsiders.