Recently Transferred

Hi all! I recently transferred from Gilgamesh to Balmung and would like to dedicate some time to getting into the RP here! I know things are done a bit differently from Gilgamesh--what with there being a lot more open world RP vs. event-centric RP.

So I would love to start mingling with RPers! Fram would especially like to rub elbows with magic users and intellectuals, but really, anything would be great, especially if you're looking for an uptight foil to your adventurer!

So I would be happy to arrange run-ins, or if you could suggest good places where RP accumulates, I'd appreciate it greatly!

Hello^^!

The most RP I have seen so far (I'm still trying to find people too) is at the Quicksand at various points in the day, but beware, lots of trolls there and sometimes some very sexual RP midday (around 2-3pm central time is when I often see that.)

I can't really give advice about other areas since I haven't gotten a chance to visit them yet.

If you ever see me, feel free to hit me up. I'm usually on A'ria Ashkala or G'iselle Bellerose.

Ul'dah is the most popular hot-spot by far. Limsa Lominsa has seen quite a lot of traffic as well, especially recently. There are also various FC houses in the Goblet and Mist where people like to congregate.

There are no end of tavern events happening on a daily/weekly basis almost. And if you're still having trouble finding someone to talk with, just check people's player notes in-game. A lot of us will specifically say "Roleplayer" and/or "walk-ups welcome".

Welcome to Balmung! 

I know Quicksand is often bustling and busy, and there are some players who are also fostering RP in Limsa! I've ran into random RP in Gridania as well. 

And as you already know, people in these forums are great so I would suggest just hitting them up for arranged RP if you see anyone you want to meet! That's how I got started in Balmung. 

I have no doubt you will have fun! :)

There are usually a lot of people that like to hang around the Quicksand, in Ul'dah. I know there have also been some rising efforts to get more open-world RP in Limsa Lominsa and Gridania as well.

If you're interested in some forum-RP, there's a fairly active thread for the Quicksand right now!

Hey, exactly what kind of intellectual? There is more than one kind of smart.

For example, while my character (Inessa) May be more brawnish than brain but it take's more than simply strength to fight in a melee battle. Strategy and tactics are her forte on a small scale but she can take charge of a large force when she is under extreme stress in the heat of battle.

So I think it would be military intellectual smart at that point. However you want to look at it.  ._.

Still, if you want to have an intellectual conversation about how to kill things on a bigger scale then I guess that's an option, lol.

Hello there, welcome to Balmung, it's good to have you here! I'd be glad to role-play anytime so feel free to approach or send me a /tell if you see me around in-game! The Quicksand is the most popular RP hotspot and I would, of course, recommend checking the calender here for any events on the server.

For example, while my character (Inessa) May be more brawnish than brain but it take's more than simply strength to fight in a melee battle. Strategy and tactics are her forte on a small scale but she can take charge of a large force when she is under extreme stress in the heat of battle.

She's a mage primarily, focusing on healing, thank you for asking for clarification! She's soft-spoken and very bookish, and pretty physically inept, for that matter. (I wouldn't call her frail or sickly, but she is uncoordinated and lacks any sort of endurance.)

She's tragically awkward turtle and rather skittish (she's improved with that during her time in Gilgamesh but all the same) but I am not, and I love subjecting her to uncomfortable situations for a good laugh.

Everyone else, thank you for the feedback! I must've hit a slow point in the Quicksand yesterday afternoon (CST) so maybe things are a bit noisier during the evening?

She's a mage primarily, focusing on healing, thank you for asking for clarification! She's soft-spoken and very bookish, and pretty physically inept, for that matter. (I wouldn't call her frail or sickly, but she is uncoordinated and lacks any sort of endurance.)

She's tragically awkward turtle and rather skittish (she's improved with that during her time in Gilgamesh but all the same) but I am not, and I love subjecting her to uncomfortable situations for a good laugh.

Everyone else, thank you for the feedback! I must've hit a slow point in the Quicksand yesterday afternoon (CST) so maybe things are a bit noisier during the evening?

That... didn't really answer my question though.    ._.

My question was what she applied herself to intellectually. Strategy and tactics are very intellectual but there are also the other kinds like magical theorum, history and lore, and so on. I would go into deeper detail but I dont have all the time in the world here, lol.    ^_^

You could come hang out with Inessa, since she's sort of in La Noscea ICly at the moment, hunting for "gemstones"  (ATMA's) to further enhance her weapon and martial prowess.

OOCly, Inessa is in Gridania crafting and whatnot.  ._.

I've seen the Quicksand have RP ~5pm PST and such weekday evenings. In fact almost around that time I saw some people talking about slave trade (and the lore-stickler-who-doesn't-know-his-lore trolling them), another group commenting about the commotion, and then another pair.

So there were a few and then some drinking at the tables and whatnot. I would guess that it's more active in the evenings as people get back from work, do roulettes, and then do RP.

Sorry, I thought I had. She applies herself primarily to the intellectual pursuits of physiology and healing magicks. Not strategic (she caves easily under pressure) and not historical or philosophical. Does that help?

Sorry, I thought I had. She applies herself primarily to the intellectual pursuits of physiology and healing magicks. Not strategic (she caves easily under pressure) and not historical or philosophical. Does that help?

It does but there are different kind's of tacticians and ways of practicing strategy. For instance, there are two types of tacticians. Field tacticians and table top tacticians. A field tactician would be someone like Inessa who applies her ability's in a relative and realistic manner and changes pending on the sway of the battle at the moment.

Table Top tacticians are tacticians who simulate battle's with a large board/table and many pieces, kinda like chess, and they come up with theoretical strategy's that may work in theory and application in their games but probably not so IRL. They serve to merely suggest commanders and tacticians on the likelyhood of victory and any strategy's that may win success in the field.

The difference between the two is that field strategy holds pressure while board game pressure doesn't.   :P

But back to youre main point, of course it does now so you dont have to worry.   ^_^

The most RP I have seen so far (I'm still trying to find people too) is at the Quicksand at various points in the day, but beware, lots of trolls there and sometimes some very sexual RP midday (around 2-3pm central time is when I often see that.)

*gasp* I've been found out again! :cactuar::cactuar:

You know how the saying goes: "Balmung is dark and full of pervs".... 

It's just me isn't it....

ANYWAY :thumbsup:

Welcome to Balmung Mippa :bouncy: I'm sure you will feel right at home in no time at all. I did! Honzo would love to talk healing magicks/Conjurer theories with a fellow DoM. Don't be afraid to walk up and poke me anytime. I should stop saying that... keeps more people away.