Looking for IC connections and role-play partners!

So, hi! I've been here for a while, but it's come to my attention that aside from the new recruits to my FC, I haven't met a lot of new people, and with people leaving the game or taking breaks, my pool of role-play partners is slowly dwindling! So a bit about me: I like mostly para role-play but I can gladly deal with multi-para or semi-para, just not interested in one-liners. I'm normally online in the evenings (EST). And now onto my characters!

Main character:

Faye Covington is a headstrong and charming Midlander noblewoman originally from Gridania with mysterious family roots, though now she spends most of her time around La Noscea with her company and her fiance. She serves as the leader of the Support Branch in Harbingers of Dawn. She's calm, confident, and perpetually sure of herself. Faye is a natural-born leader but places a great emphasis on etiquette. She is impressively stubborn though well-spoken, and tries to balance her sometimes intimidating nature with grace and femininity. She also has a somewhat strange fixation on tea and likes to dabble in tailoring in her spare time, ever the fashionista. She is a trained conjurer and healer, but she's not exactly skilled and tends to burn her own mana when healing.

*Alts:

X'unmei Noh is a teenage Seeker of the Sun who was something of the runt of the litter so to speak, always too timid and altruistic to really be happy in the tribal lifestyle. That being said, she left her tribe shortly after hitting puberty and wandered the Shroud until the man who would become her fiance took her in. Now she's fortunately no longer a hobo, but still remains largely the same kind-hearted, naive, and sheepish girl. She aspires to be a bard and yet is too shy to sing in front of anyone, and she spends most of her leisure time reading or making friends. She strives to help and please others, but her optimistic and selfless nature often lands her in trouble.

C'therin Sapa is a Seeker with a knack for technology. Her fascination with all technologies--Garlean and Allagan certainly not excluded--and her desire to do little to study with them earned the scorn of her tribe who would eventually disown her for it. She lived on the streets of Ul'dah for certain doing what she must in order to get by no matter how immoral or dishonest, but now has better circumstances since meeting the leader of Harbingers of Dawn. Still, she's rough around the edges and graced with street smarts, she likes to tinker and she has a thirst for knowledge when it comes to anything mechanical.

Shadiyah Amari - A clueless Keeper of the Moon who serves as a ditzy maidservant to a Hyur nobleman by day. She's clumsy, nervous but ever eager to please her master, and seems to obliviously make a lot of double entendres. She's lacking in some social graces, but she's an impressive cook. That's the story, at least.

In truth she's a black magic wielding Voidtouched who tries to feed on the aether of others using her feminine charms, and does the bidding of a mysterious masked man.

Aelius Corinthius - Ael is an axe-wielding Midlander mercenary hailing from Limsa Lominsa and currently working in the Martial Branch of Harbingers of Dawn where he's found such prominent work as securing Verad Bellveil's office. Did I mention the office is a rug? As one might expect of a man in his profession he enjoys partaking in women, alcohol, and violence, but he doesn't seem overly indulgent in any of these pursuits, perhaps if only due to a general attitude of lethargy. He seems to wait for opportunities to come to him rather than seeking out anything.

It may be worth mentioning Ael is actually a prominent Imperial General undercover in Eorzea--whoops.

Beberri Berri - Beberri is a kind-hearted, middle-aged Lalafell from an upper middle-class family with a startlingly normal life, no adventures nor drama nor deep dark secrets. She works as a secretary at a school where she fell in love and eventually married one of the teachers. The couple was unable to have children of their own so instead the two seem to take in whatever good-hearted adventurers pass through and treat them like children. She likes baking and knitting, and is currently studying alchemy.

*Please keep in mind my alts aren't quite as developed and I don't spend nearly as much time on them! I do want to role-play them, but I must devote most of my time to my main.

I'm looking for... well, anything, really! Random encounters, possible connections for my characters, friends and enemies and acquaintances, etc.! I'm not opposed to coordinating backstories if it's viable so feel free to pitch out any ideas or let me know if any character piques your interest. Feel free to post here, PM me, or catch me in-game (warning: I'm often AFK).

Faaaaaaaaaayeee,

I've also been interested in branching out and hunting down some fresh new RP connections so that I'm not only RPing inside my own FC 99% of the time. Once I'm less buried in work, I'll post up little summaries of my characters and we can compare notes to see if we can hammer down some connections.

Faaaaaaaaaayeee,

I've also been interested in branching out and hunting down some fresh new RP connections so that I'm not only RPing inside my own FC 99% of the time.  Once I'm less buried in work, I'll post up little summaries of my characters and we can compare notes to see if we can hammer down some connections.

That would be great! :D

I would love to make some new connections as well! I know I haven't been able to attend your FC events on Thursdays yet, but I would still love an opportunity to meet you sometime. ^_^

I'm not sure quite yet how my characters could potentially fit in with yours, but there are always creative paths everywhere to take, so I'll get to thinking on it. I do have an Elezen *points to siggy* who is relatively open to pretty much anything since I've yet to really buckle down and figure out what I want to do with her, as well as a lala THM that I just made last night that I have a few thoughts for, but it's all in the very early stages of creation.

Let me know if anything strikes your fancy. >^.^<

I would love to make some new connections as well! I know I haven't been able to attend your FC events on Thursdays yet, but I would still love an opportunity to meet you sometime. ^_^

I'm not sure quite yet how my characters could potentially fit in with yours, but there are always creative paths everywhere to take, so I'll get to thinking on it. I do have an Elezen *points to siggy* who is relatively open to pretty much anything since I've yet to really buckle down and figure out what I want to do with her, as well as a lala THM that I just made last night that I have a few thoughts for, but it's all in the very early stages of creation.

Let me know if anything strikes your fancy. >^.^<

Hey there! :D I'm usually busy playing hostess at tavern night so it's easier for me to role-play with people outside of that anyway! I'd be glad to role-play with any of your characters. Even if we can't find a way to figure out how any of our character would mesh, sometimes it's more fun to have characters randomly meet up and see how they react to each other from there.

Hi Faye! :bouncy:

I'd love to get some RP going outside of your tavern hostess hours. But since I only play after work on weekdays, the time difference might get in the way. But on the weekends it should be fine.

I'll have to add you next time I see you online :)

Hi Faye! :bouncy:

I'd love to get some RP going outside of your tavern hostess hours. But since I only play after work on weekdays, the time difference might get in the way. But on the weekends it should be fine.

I'll have to add you next time I see you online :)

Hiiii! :D I'm online quite often, it's just a matter of how awake and focused I am haha! I'll try to see if I can catch you online!

You have many things that work on many levels. If you wish, I can send you a PM with some detail type things and thusly connections can be made where most approriate/interesting/horrifying. ;p

That all sounds very intriguing :P I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey :)

I'm also new in FFXIV and i only just now after leveling up and reading lore.

And 4 rp clothing sets ofc :love:

I'm currently in Ul'Dah because people told me it's RP hotspot, Local Tavern but people are mostly in they own groups and ima still too shy to go disturb them.:dazed:

I'm currently in Ul'Dah because people told me it's RP hotspot, Local Tavern but people are mostly in they own groups and ima still too shy to go disturb them.:dazed:

Hey there, welcome to FFXIV! No need to be shy! :) Walk up and join them, or send a /tell to ask OOC if they would mind you joining their RP! Or if you'd like a less bold approach, just emote IC posts near them and see if anyone joins in and responds to you.

Hey there, welcome to FFXIV! No need to be shy! :) Walk up and join them, or send a /tell to ask OOC if they would mind you joining their RP! Or if you'd like a less bold approach, just emote IC posts near them and see if anyone joins in and responds to you.

Thank you i tried to emote to groups of people but they either ignore or don't notice me at all. But i keep trying.

*flails into the thread with hope*  and cake.

I'm up to connections with others. Can I suggest..

We setup a LS for something like this, I have some free slots.

We come up individually, or help each other, with some sipmple reasons to meet. Much better than hanging around in bars.

We share and establish RP places and inject some feeling/character.

We think about some mini events that bring folks together.

Maybe I'm over thinning this, maybe my expectations are high. But I would like get wider, qiality , RP action.

Edit - thinking on this I'll start a LS for what I am thinking.

*flails into the thread with hope*  and cake.

I'm up to connections with others. Can I suggest..

We setup a LS for something like this, I have some free slots.

We come up individually, or help each other, with some sipmple reasons to meet. Much better than hanging around in bars.

We share and establish RP places and inject some feeling/character.

We think about some mini events that bring folks together.

Maybe I'm over thinning this, maybe my expectations are high. But I would like get wider, qiality , RP action.

I like this idea! This would also solve my problem of having so many open linkshell slots and nothing RP-related to fill them with! :P

I like this idea! This would also solve my problem of having so many open linkshell slots and nothing RP-related to fill them with! :P

There I set it up Open RP

Great, I'll join tonight when I get home from work if you'll be around!

Hey Hey

You know me from Lukas way back when and while I've created the linkshell for the intellectual consortium (of sorts!), I'm still fiddling with the write-up for what it does and will do and whatnot! As soon as I'm ready, an invite shall be yours but before that; Galen and I will see you and the rest of HoD at the tavern night so I has an IC reason to make that connection!

Cheers!

-Black Hat

Hey Hey

You know me from Lukas way back when and while I've created the linkshell for the intellectual consortium (of sorts!), I'm still fiddling with the write-up for what it does and will do and whatnot! As soon as I'm ready, an invite shall be yours but before that; Galen and I will see you and the rest of HoD at the tavern night so I has an IC reason to make that connection!

Cheers!

-Black Hat

I look forward to seeing you there, Lukas, glad to have you back on Balmung! :D

There I set it up Open RP

I would like to join in as well *glares at the ONE linkshell in my list*

My hours are late though, so I hope you will be around for an invite to this around midnight or so CST? My lame internet has finally hit the data cap so I can only play during the free data zone, which is around 11/midnight-5am CST...

I hope to see you guys! This game is very lonely despite how obscenely populated it is. o_o

I would like to join in as well *glares at the ONE linkshell in my list*

My hours are late though, so I hope you will be around for an invite to this around midnight or so CST? My lame internet has finally hit the data cap so I can only play during the free data zone, which is around 11/midnight-5am CST...

I hope to see you guys! This game is very lonely despite how obscenely populated it is. o_o

I'm UK (GMT) time but I will let others invite once they are in. I am on most of the time at the weekends also, so don't worry we will get there.