Long Term Search

Umi

As the title reads I am looking for some long term role plays. Honestly I would love to form a group, nothing huge but nothing small either, however, one and one is perfect as well. To give some small details about why I want a long term role play, its pretty simple. My character is searching for an herb that she believes could cure any sickness, which sadly is what is killing her tribe. Recently she ran low on funds and ended up nearly dying in the highlands because she wasn't prepared for the cold weather and she has begun to question her choices. Based around that, lets say for a group, she could easily hire the group to help her on her search, the group becomes close and ends up staying together.

Honestly though I'm not just looking for that, I want a bit of a dark story as well. I've seen so many happy role plays but I am looking for a long term dark role play. Kidnapping, murdering, etc to take place. Yes brief moments will be given for the characters to cool off and relax but I'm looking more towards the emotional and dark aspect, perhaps a bit of a love interest. But I would love to talk out ideas.

I am not going to lie, My character is a pretty blunt person, she doesn't believe in the whole love thing and more over cares little about those around her as long as she can continue her research on the herb and the sickness. She's pretty much closed her self away from the world and I'm wanting to change this by interacting with not just my FC members but strangers as well.

If you would like to talk out ideas, want to rp something else or even just say hi you can find me on Balmung Server, Umi Kanzato.~ And if you have any questions, comment or message me, I don't bite~

Hope to see you soon~<3

Hmm...we should figure out a way to have our characters meet. I'm looking to get some darker RP up and running myself!

...while things have been fairly lighthearted recently, there's a lot of dark RP that could be developed, and getting out of Ul'dah more often would be interesting.

On an OOC note, Franz would have a lot of knowledge on alchemy, but can't quite apply it himself, due to some circumstances. He typically wields and axe, but has been working with tomes more often.

Does Umi have any places she typically visits? Franz generally stays around Thanalan, but has been known to visit other places, so an introductory run-in is doable. :)

I agree, there are a lot of dark role plays that could be created inside of the game which is why a part of me is sad that there are so many people that simply forget that.

As for Umi she is mostly around the Shroud, its where she stays, but she doesn't go into the city, Gridania. Shes a studying conjurer so a staff is her main choice of weapon but she has a very sharp tongue that gets her deeper into trouble then out of it. She does travel however, so if you don't want to meet up in the Shroud we can easily talk out a different place.

I'd be more than willing to volunteer my character for this, My Character is mostly a Limsa and Quicksand fixture, so you can usually find Vali on a regular basis pretty much anywhere near those locations, though there's always walk ups, I'm usually IC anyway

Hey you two! Thanks for replying~

@Valirelia - I really don't think a walk up role play could be done in this case. Though I have had it done once it ended with Umi drugging and leaving them in the central shroud... I think maybe a little planning before hand may need to be done. However, if you are willing to have your character come on as paid held we can meet up and start the rp that way~

@Faye - That sounds like a lot of fun honestly~ Could you give me some wikis to the character you would be willing to use?

@Valirelia - I really don't think a walk up role play could be done in this case. Though I have had it done once it ended with Umi drugging and leaving them in the central shroud... I think maybe a little planning before hand may need to be done. However, if you are willing to have your character come on as paid held we can meet up and start the rp that way~

@Faye - That sounds like a lot of fun honestly~ Could you give me some wikis to the character you would be willing to use?

PM sent as to not post teh spoilerz here! :D

Honestly though I'm not just looking for that, I want a bit of a dark story as well. I've seen so many happy role plays but I am looking for a long term dark role play. Kidnapping, murdering, etc to take place. Yes brief moments will be given for the characters to cool off and relax but I'm looking more towards the emotional and dark aspect, perhaps a bit of a love interest. But I would love to talk out ideas.

I am not going to lie, My character is a pretty blunt person, she doesn't believe in the whole love thing and more over cares little about those around her as long as she can continue her research on the herb and the sickness.

-snip-

I think Umi and Ros could be good work partners friends. :D

more than willing to have Vali come in as paid help

@Valirelia - That sounds great~ When are you normally In game? Im off today or tomorrow so I can easily get in contact with you online if you are free.

@Atlas - Honestly race doesn't bother me, I'm looking for people that can deal with her nature and either stand by her and make her see not everyone is 'a pain' and then other people who will push her beliefs and reasoning beyond a normal person. If you are willing to do this that honestly I'll role play with you no matter what~

This sounds like a bunch of fun if I do say so myself (and I did!) Although I've never done anything like it, I'll set up a character wiki to see if Rowe could fit the bill. I could do either a hired help or an antagonist, or even an antagonist that switches sides after an event : )

This sounds like a bunch of fun if I do say so myself (and I did!) Although I've never done anything like it, I'll set up a character wiki to see if Rowe could fit the bill. I could do either a hired help or an antagonist, or even an antagonist that switches sides after an event : )

Theres really no characters that just fit the bill for this one. Like I said Im honestly looking for a whole bunch of different people to fill this rp in. It will, like the title states, be a long term rp so not just two role plays and then disappear~ But once you get the wiki up send me the link and I'll read over it~ <3

Hey Umi! I'm always down for role-play. :D I noticed you mentioned an elusive herb... Luna's a botanist/herbalist and seeker of adventure. ;3 She'd definitely be curious to learn the plant's medicinal (and other) qualities, if she came along~ As well as providing additional information for any flower that floated her way.

Hey Umi! I'm always down for role-play. :D I noticed you mentioned an elusive herb... Luna's a botanist/herbalist and seeker of adventure. ;3 She'd definitely be curious to learn the plant's medicinal (and other) qualities, if she came along~ As well as providing additional information for any flower that floated her way.

Correct~ I'm not going to lie though the herb is completely made up... I managed to work out a picture of the herb drawn in Umi journal but its all pieced together really.~ However, if you are willing to deal with Umi nature then I will gladly send you a whisper and friends request in game.

Correct~ I'm not going to lie though the herb is completely made up... I managed to work out a picture of the herb drawn in Umi journal but its all pieced together really.~ However, if you are willing to deal with Umi nature then I will gladly send you a whisper and friends request in game.

That's totally fine! I have a bit of flower/plant knowledge IRL and I drew up a list of veggies and stuff with medicinal value, but I know that once it comes to role-play I'll be winging a lot of it. :3 Have been mulling over imaginary plants in the Eorzea universe... and writing down any I see in-game.

As for Umi's nature, Luna is from a super big family - a lot of which would have a similar attitude to Umi. Example:

Luna "Hey Jim, whatcha doi-?"

Jim "Scram."

She's used to amusing herself and generally being happy within her own bubble - she doesn't have to depend on others to keep her in a good mood. Besides, her desire for adventure would (in most cases) out-weigh the company.

That's totally fine! I have a bit of flower/plant knowledge IRL and I drew up a list of veggies and stuff with medicinal value, but I know that once it comes to role-play I'll be winging a lot of it. :3 Have been mulling over imaginary plants in the Eorzea universe... and writing down any I see in-game.

As for Umi's nature, Luna is from a super big family - a lot of which would have a similar attitude to Umi. Example:

Luna "Hey Jim, whatcha doi-?"

Jim "Scram."

She's used to amusing herself and generally being happy within her own bubble - she doesn't have to depend on others to keep her in a good mood. Besides, her desire for adventure would (in most cases) out-weigh the company.

I have no clue on herbs honestly, I know a bit of medicine here and there but yes nothing known about herbs. My information may be totally off haha as for the attitude it seems at least these two would have a lot to talk about~ When do you normally log on?

I've been thinking about how to get into something structured like this, I have a character I would be glad to throw in if it fits. I don't know what locales you would be wanting to do the RP in - I don't have any high level characters yet since I just started up last week. If that doesn't prevent me from accessing any sites you would want things to happen in then I'd be otherwise happy to jump in if there's space.

I have no clue on herbs honestly, I know a bit of medicine here and there but yes nothing known about herbs. My information may be totally off haha as for the attitude it seems at least these two would have a lot to talk about~ When do you normally log on?

That's totally fine! We can make stuff up, together! \o/ I'm really interested in any other details you had regarding the herb/illness. ^_^ Though I'm sure Umi would reveal things to Luna in-character.

And agreed! Luna is also super intrigued by other Miqo'te, especially ones with close relations to their tribes (she's more domesticated/Hyur-like and finds her life boring - she wants to know her people's roots.)

I'm actually about to log in now~ But I just got laid off so my schedule is currently flexible. Once I get back into the working routine we'll have to figure something out (if you are interested in all this!), but in the mean-time I'm cool whenever. :3 I'm uh NA/UTC-5.

Edit - Oh. Forgot to mention! Luna is fairly agreeable... but she's kind of a klepto. You said "if I am willing to deal with Umi nature," but likewise Umi would have to deal with spontaneous thievery.

Hullo!

It really sounds like Titor and Umi would get along pretty well, as from glancing over your wiki and OP they seem to have similar interests.

Titor is a doctor and aetheric engineer, not so much conjury as it is the scientific side of the aether. They could perhaps work together to find a cure (Titor does that kind of research) or otherwise seem to get along, if you would want an arching storyline.

I am on a lot, so it could definitely be long term.