Quirks About Your Character(s)

Madda

Kellach

• Spends around 30 minutes each day taking care of his hair and reapplying the highlights. It saves on the esthetician's fee.
  • Typically gets lost in any place that isn't Limsa Lominsa, due to how much time he's spent there.
  • Has a tendency to scratch the back of his head entirely way too often. It does not even put a dent in his hair.
  • Still has a lot of trouble initiating conversation and remains the bumbling country boy he was before stepping foot on Eorzea.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what is not quirky about Vaughn...

• Has a tendency to avert his gaze when he swears he's looking someone in the eyes.Has a slight stutter when nervous.
  • Fidgets when nervous or stressed.
  • Is easily stressed.
  • Is a firm believer that intimacy is required when one's stressed.
  • Tends to be overprotective of things he owns and people he cares for (this has lost him many of such things).
  • Has a bit of a jealous streak, which is usually overcome by a conversation. Or two. Or five.
  • His Ul'dahn accent has been fading as of late, taking on the tone of whoever he's around.
  • Jaques knows the things I can't remember...

Damn list is too long...

Tiergan Vashir

• Tiergan dislikes being touched. Especially if it is unexpected. He tolerates it while among friends and loved ones, but with sometimes noticeable discomfort. Approaching to touch him from behind, even if just to give him a hug or a pat on the back, is not advised.
  • Tiergan is a little claustrophobic. He hates being in tight, cramped spaces, particularly if there are not many exits.
  • He has difficulty looking someone in the eye when uncomfortable or distressed (unless that someone also infuriated him). He will either look away or close his eyes.
  • A strike to his back, if hard enough, can be enough to trigger violence.
  • Most attempts to draw him into a romantic relationship generally end with extreme discomfort, aggression, or even outright panic depending on the person.

Lurial Vashir

• Tends to speak in a slightly refined manner, often eliminating the use of contractions.
  • She tends not to call people by only their first name unless requested. Instead she will refer to them by Lady or Ser [insert last name here.] Exceptions to this are family, close friends, or people she favors.

Leilani Leilai

• Leilani has a lucky hat that she considers the source of most of her good fortune. She will sometimes give the hat to loved ones who are about to enter a dangerous situation both as a way to protect them and as a way to ensure they come back when the worst is over. They have to return her hat after all. She's only loaning it!
  • She feels that a bard isn't truly a bard unless they have a good hat.
  • Leilani has a habit of talking in a rapid stream of words when extremely excited.
  • If she detects even the slightest hint of an awesome story, Leilani will incessantly question her poor victim someone until she has every last detail. She may or may not embellish the tale.
  • She not so secretly admires Elezen and Roegadyn for their strength and stature.

Furious Storm

• Due to having his tongue cut out several years ago, Fury communicates entirely through a pad of parchment and a stick of charcoal.
  • He tends to write ENTIRELY IN BLOCK PRINT because he thinks it is easier to read. However, he will stop if requested and write normally.
  • He sometimes couples his words with crudely drawn pictures, smilie faces, or very enthusiastic arm and hand gestures.
  • He has a soft spot for anyone significantly tinier than he is.

Bumo Dalumo

• Bumo regularly addresses himself in third person with, "This Bumo Dalumo." The first Eorzean Bumo Dalumo met was a pirate captain who introduced himself with a similar quirk, prompting the young Lalafell to do the same; "This Bumo Dalumo" were the first words he spoke in the common tongue, and the phrase has become automatic.

• Aside from the brief encounter with pirates in his youth, Bumo has only been exposed to the Eorzean language for a little under two years. As such, his diction and grasp of proper sentence structure are rudimentary at best. If Bumo doesn't know the Eorzean word for something, he will use the word from his native language.

• She never uses her last name in public.
  • Despite her leadership roles, in a lot of ways she is very socially inept.
  • She will rebuke most, if all not all, efforts to initiate romance but will go after a romantic interest she has in another with sometimes embarrassingly misplaced vigor.
  • She is largely unaware of the Miqo body language she telegraphs as she was raised with Hyurs.
  • She can be terrible at explaining herself and admitting things, often leading to misunderstandings with those close to her.
  • She's more at comfortable in tense negotiations with hands on weapons than she is at a social gathering.
  • Her stubbornness knows no bounds. She IS right.
  • She's scared of Yarzons
  • She has an active mental disorder.

Fohcswys Ghimhwabwyn -

• Has along running habit of eating spoiled food, she'll even go so far as to preference it when available. Her explanation for the strange liking is that it builds up stomach strength while additionally making the most out of every little scrap of food. Really it's just luck that she hasn't gotten sick from it yet.

• Asfar as personality quirks go, she has a habit of making her statements sound like questions. It doesn’t happen with everyone though. People she’s familiar with are fine, so long as they can handle her pretty blunt personality and occasional dark humour. Anyone outside of that group though? That’s where the ‘avoid a direct statement’ comes into play, it’s her way of being polite.

• Also has a mild fear of chocobos. With a ship you know more-or-less what you’re dealing with. A giant horse-bird with a mind of its own? Who knows what’ll happen.

Bartolomeo Filangieri

- Always wears gloves in public, mainly because he is a little wary of germs.

- Has a soft spot for elezens.

- Admires dodos, both alive and in his plate.

- Strong approval of Ishgardian architectures.

- Is not from Eorzea or Garlemald.

- Raised in a now fallen nobility.

- Father governed the most dominant slave trade market in his nation.

- Was responsible for commiting genocides of various miqo'te tribal cultures menacing his home kingdom.

- Was locked in a dungeon and then banished to Eorzea after a bloody civil war.

- Shows a subtle disdain towards the more feral miqo'te, albeit having tolerance to the species as a whole.

Please tell me everyone is adding these beautiful lists to their wiki pages.

It's very fun to read about! :lol:

Sharing:

- Jancis grew up mostly on her own out in the wild of the Shroud. Her habits and words do not follow current culture 100%; she will use odd terms and not understand idioms.

- Wearing pants her entire childhood, she compensates for typical 'style' by wearing leggings.

- Loves fictional books about anything! Currently a company friend has given her a copy of one of his personally written romantic novels.

- As part of her training, she will purposefully poison herself with a variety of things to build up immunity.

- Apologizes constantly.

- Tends to be hands-on with people, touching their arm or shoulder, and does not understand the concept of personal space.

Please tell me everyone is adding these beautiful lists to their wiki pages.

It's very fun to read about! :lol:

Sharing:

- Jancis grew up mostly on her own out in the wild of the Shroud. Her habits and words do not follow current culture 100%; she will use odd terms and not understand idioms.

- Wearing pants her entire childhood, she compensates for typical 'style' by wearing leggings.

- Loves fictional books about anything! Currently a company friend has given her a copy of one of his personally written romantic novels.

- As part of her training, she will purposefully poison herself with a variety of things to build up immunity.

- Apologizes constantly.

- Tends to be hands-on with people, touching their arm or shoulder, and does not understand the concept of personal space.

I...think we need to RP. There will be much misunderstanding and "I'm sorry"s. Also, could be fun =3

Eva:

- Has a difficult time keeping her hands still.  She often knits or fidgets with some object to keep herself occupied when she is idle.

- Always keeps a dagger in a sheath strapped to her thigh - advice her father once gave her.

- Has very little practical understanding of aether/magic.  While she utilizes white magic with a high level of proficiency, she does not effectively comprehend exactly how she is able to do what she does.

- While she is by some standards an attractive woman, she does not like the fact that she is buxom and would favor a more lithe figure.

- She does not like to wear revealing garments, and inwardly looks down upon others who wear skimpy outfits.  She does, however, like tight-fitting clothing as she feels it makes her look more slimming.

- Downplays her level of experience, knowledge, strength, and understanding of a variety of things.  She is not by any means arrogant and would rather strangers and potential rivals view her as weaker than she actually is.

- Loves to swim and will take to the water even before/after the summer season, often catching colds in the spring/autumn seasons because of it.

- Is obsessive-compulsive about cleanliness.

- Albeit somewhat uncharacteristic, Eva was taught a great deal of sleight-of-hand and is able to perform some amusing parlor tricks.

- Plays the concert harp, just never in public.

- Is a good listener, and makes a good friend, but tends to keep a certain distance from the people closest to her.

(I intentionally keep my wiki page brief because I would rather character traits and details manifest themselves naturally through the course of RP rather than an encyclopedia of sorts.  I've been considering expanding on it a bit though.)

Hrmm, let's see what I've got for the time being.

• Typically seeks shelter in cramped, enclosed spaces, like caves and dense foliage.  (Very similar to a cat's "if I fits, I sits" mentality)
  • Has an almost mortal fear of formal/upper class parties.
  • Quite fond of the sound of running water, and can be rendered unconscious by the sound of rain.
  • Also fond of heights and climbing.  But not so fond of getting down.
  • Uneasy around official looking officials, officially on duty.
  • Defaults to politeness when uneasy/outside her comfort zone.

That's all I've got for now '3'

I'll probably add to this list if I discover any more.

I've only got a few, but here they are.

• Often goes to scratch his chin whenever he is contemplating something to himself.
  • Has a tendency to inspect a room he is to stay in, even when there's no justification for it.
  • He's sometimes stumped to find words in casual conversation, which can lead to awkward pauses.
  • He often spends a bit of his free time riding about on his chocobo.
  • Meta never downs his drinks and often nurses the first one he orders until it's time to leave.

This was actually a very fun list to make. I'll have to think of more of the little things he does as time goes on.

My turn! Quirks about Eleni.

• Dislikes being called C'eleni, unless for official purposes. Prefers Eleni, and will ask people to call her that.
  • Has an insanely insatiable sweet tooth, and she has these cravings for sweet stuff that often makes her very cranky. 
  • Absoultely loves rain, but hates and is frightened of thunderstorms.
  • Has a habit of blurting things out loud, and then regretting it. She's trying hard to control this habit.
  • Purrs, literally, like a little kitten, when she's very happy or satisfied. Of course, people are yet to see this! :surprise:
  • Has an obsession with chocobos, and completely and unconditionally loves her bird, Mimi, who she considers a best friend. Loves to pet chocobo necks.
  • Has a big phobia of heights.

That's all I can think of now. There's definitely more, just need to come up with it! :D More will pop up as time goes on.

Hmm... Quirks for Coatleque:

• Does not like fish. Having to help clean/gut them for her father most of her childhood has permanently ruined her appetite for them. She would never confess this openly if fish were served at some formal occasion however.
  • Her true voice has a heavy Ala'Mhigan accent. She has learned to suppress this, but sometimes it slips out (mostly when drunk or very upset).
  • She has never actually killed anyone as of this post. (voidsent do not count)
  • She does not carry or use a shield unless going into a large-scale battle.

And the 'secret' stuff...

• Despite her strong outward appearance, she is entirely submissive in her personal & romantic life.
  • She is disgusted by weak men. (and I don't mean physical strength)

Eh, I can think of a few for Nero besides the obvious ones.

• Assigns nicknames to people on occasion, especially if they are annoyed by said nickname.
  • Likes building things, dabbles in clockwork.
  • Mildly claustrophobic
  • Was originally going to colour his hair red but was concerned it would be mistaken for blood
  • Prefers wearing gloves and feels uncomfortable without them due to unpleasant memories of ropeburn (sailing is hard!)
  • Every pair of earrings he owns has a tiny bell built in or near them for the jingle.
  • Practises speaking to prevent a Limsan accent from developing (he thinks people will find it unattractive)

• Assigns nicknames to people on occasion, especially if they are annoyed by said nickname. ~ Jancis loves getting nicknames and is honored by them.
  • Likes building things, dabbles in clockwork. ~ Loves toys
  • Mildly claustrophobic ~ Loves outdoors
  • Was originally going to colour his hair red but was concerned it would be mistaken for blood ~ Likes natural-colored hair as is.
  • Prefers wearing gloves and feels uncomfortable without them ~Protects her hands with gloves typically, healer reasons.
  • Every pair of earrings he owns has a tiny bell built in or near them for the jingle. ~ Jingle... cute >_>
  • Practises speaking to prevent a Limsan accent from developing (he thinks people will find it unattractive) ~ Well spoken is Le Swoon

This post sounds like an article about a teen star from Big Bopper/Tiger Beat/generic teen crush fandom magazine.

This edition has a poster in the middle of Nero with his quirks and facts.

And I might buy it and tape the poster on my closet.:blush:

• Assigns nicknames to people on occasion, especially if they are annoyed by said nickname. ~ Jancis loves getting nicknames and is honored by them.
  • Likes building things, dabbles in clockwork. ~ Loves toys
  • Mildly claustrophobic ~ Loves outdoors
  • Was originally going to colour his hair red but was concerned it would be mistaken for blood ~ Likes natural-colored hair as is.
  • Prefers wearing gloves and feels uncomfortable without them ~Protects her hands with gloves typically, healer reasons.
  • Every pair of earrings he owns has a tiny bell built in or near them for the jingle. ~ Jingle... cute >_>
  • Practises speaking to prevent a Limsan accent from developing (he thinks people will find it unattractive) ~ Well spoken is Le Swoon

This post sounds like an article about a teen star from Big Bopper/Tiger Beat/generic teen crush fandom magazine.

This edition has a poster in the middle of Nero with his quirks and facts.

And I might buy it and tape the poster on my closet.:blush:

Hey, this ain't the shipping thread! Take it elsewhere!

closer to me, preferably

• 4 months later...

For N'velhi:

-Hardly ever uses anyone's actual names; instead he opts to call them by (usually hurtful) nicknames.

-As a tribal Miqo'te, he sees no problem with being nude during a torrid afternoon.

-He can sometimes be found sharpening his own teeth with various unsanitary utensils.

-He loves a friendly (or not so friendly) argument.

-Usually does not respect anyone (especially women because wannabe Nunh) until they've proven to be proficient in close quarters combat.

-He scratches at his groin. A lot.

-He picks at his nose.

-When he has been sweating or when he's particularly dirty, he grooms himself.

-He unintentionally bares his sharpened teeth whenever he grins.

-Stares at female's breasts and often comments about them. " 'S a glamour, ain't it, them two? "

Steel Wolf:

• As was revealed in a Balmung Bulletin Board posting, Steel has a small butt...and is very self-conscious about the fact. Matter of fact, she's very much a fusser over her form, despite her braggadocio and insistence to the contrary.
  • As much as she adores Lalafell, she has an aversion to smelling them. Mercifully, her height advantage has rendered this a non-issue...
  • She hates tunnels. She's been in too much open ground and lived on the seaside of La Noscea too long to be cooped up in small spaces. Not claustrophobic, but just far more on edge in tunnels or tight, narrow spaces.

Cliaux Rondelet:

• She hates beer. A lot. Despises the stuff.
  • Has a strong fear of insects. She'll fight them, but doesn't enjoy the matter, on account of striking them with her fists and feet "feels crunchy and weird".
  • She finds the male sexual organ a horrifying thing, and so any form of outfit that suggests its existence causes her intense discomfort.
  • Carries an unnatural love of poultry dishes.

For Keru:

*Has a habit of tapping his foot when he wants attention drawn from him.

*Is allergic to shellfish.

*Has a tendency to try and deflect questions/responses.

*Likes hats to an interesting degree.(His favorite being the Straw Capeline,)

*Enjoys sleeping without a pillow.(He's also a sleep cuddler.)

For my itinerant bard, Nathan...

- Constantly refers to women as "love" or "my dear", and has been chastised about it more than once. However he'll slip right back into it within minutes, and sometimes deliberately.

- Is very strongly attracted to female Roegadyn, even those who are significantly taller than he is (though that is fewer than you'd think - see below). However, he seems to keep finding himself actually in contact with lady Miqo'te much more often, despite this preference. It's probably just a numbers game, he tells himself.

- Is as tall and broad as any Highlander Hyur can be; it gives him an unconscious swagger sometimes, left over from his youth in the troupe, when being the biggest kid in his generation kept him from having to fight a lot by default. (see below)

- Has a nose that is oddly squarish for his species. (the character model does, if you look...) It's not terribly off, but sometimes he thinks it might explain his attraction to the Roes; his mother did mention to him that she liked "big men", but Nathan never knew his father.

- Is very slow to anger and physical aggression, as a result of several of the above characteristics. Though he's been in his share of bar fights, he'd prefer not to, since he relies on the goodwill of tavern keepers for much of his livelihood.

- Is somewhat turned off by passivity as a characteristic in people. In fact, in flirting, he actually prefers the company of outwardly confrontational women to the shy, giggling types, even if this costs him a potential connection. Boredom is not attractive.

- Makes a point of trying to catch the sunrise every day, which has a healing effect on his psyche, and reminds him that every day can bring something new. If he's hung over from the previous night, he might drift off again mid-morning, though.

- Can't resist talking circles around people, if he can get away with it. It helps him to figure out whether someone he's met is truly interesting, or too dull to keep up or learn more about. It's a rather unfair judgment sometimes, but it also screens out the passive ones (see above). He will make exceptions if he observes other, respectable gifts in people.

- Has a favorite, rare drink: "Madjack Red" a potent and spiced red rum that comes in a crimson bottle. He enjoys it so much that "Jack" is often referred to as a person and boon companion, but he will not order the beverage unless he is in a truly good mood, so as never to associate it with anything but happiness and good times.