CalebAgron

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What Ragnar said.

That whole "850k or less" that Yoshi-P spouted months ago was bullshit.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I'm gullible.

Pretty much done.  The only thing I was looking forward to for the past month is this.

To be fair, Yoshi-P actually said to the guy asking "I have 850k gil, is that enough?" "Um... no."

So unfortunately you had the wrong info.

And I really don't give a shit if you think it's okay because "I had the wrong info."  

Okaaaay. I'm sorry SE fucked up personal housing but don't put meanings into what I said just because you're upset.

BTW: "Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

People need to simmer down. xD At least there is -some- form of housing this game. Better something than nothing. And to say you're going to quit your subscription because there isn't going to be personal housing, or there was an issue with communication/information, is a little silly. :P

If you're cool with being lied to, that's fine.  I'm not.  Sorry.

Heeeey errbody!

I'm disappointed about the housing stuff, too, but let's try not to get too heated and let's DEFINITELY not pluck any nerves of those that are already heated here. Also, I know we run a mature forum here, but let's keep the unnecessary cursing to a minimum.

Thank you!

People need to simmer down. xD At least there is -some- form of housing this game. Better something than nothing. And to say you're going to quit your subscription because there isn't going to be personal housing, or there was an issue with communication/information, is a little silly. :P

That offical post by Yoshi already linked earlier is what really digs that knife in

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/192671-Regarding-Housing-Plot-Availability-in-Patch-2.38-and-Beyond?p=2435852#post2435852

"Oh yeah we knew it was going to be like this, and it will in the future."

It just screams "We knew we were screwing over the hopes of everyone and didn't release any info to mitigate."

That offical post by Yoshi already linked earlier is what really digs that knife in

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/192671-Regarding-Housing-Plot-Availability-in-Patch-2.38-and-Beyond?p=2435852#post2435852

It just screams "We knew we were screwing over the hopes of everyone and didn't release any info to mitigate."

I would have rather they simply said, "Look, we can't implement this because of server restrictions" or, if they thought they could fix it and just needed more time, they could have said, "We can't get it in for this patch" or "We're going to try to get this in for the expansion when we do some upgrades."

Radio silence after Yoshi-P says things like, "Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing." is just asking for issues.  And it's really disrespectful to the people paying you.

I would have rather they simply said, "Look, we can't implement this because of server restrictions" or, if they thought they could fix it and just needed more time, they could have said, "We can't get it in for this patch" or "We're going to try to get this in for the expansion when we do some upgrades."

Radio silence after Yoshi-P says things like, "Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing." is just asking for issues.  And it's really disrespectful to the people paying you.

It's not the end of the world. :P There are plenty of things worth raging over. This for me? Not one of them. I'm enjoying the game and enjoy the RP. So I'd rather not get worked up over something that won't be implemented in the game (for now at least, perhaps in the future!). I'd rather just not go through the all the upset-rage-etc and feel happy and good instead. 

Idk. Not like it's a game ruiner. Just a slight disappointment.

It's not the end of the world. :P There are plenty of things worth raging over. This for me? Not one of them. I'm enjoying the game and enjoy the RP. So I'd rather not get worked up over something that won't be implemented in the game (for now at least, perhaps in the future!). I'd rather just not go through the all the upset-rage-etc and feel happy and good instead. 

Idk. Not like it's a game ruiner. Just a slight disappointment.

Just because you don't see something as important doesn't mean it isn't important to someone else.  Just because you don't care doesn't mean someone else isn't entitled to care.  What's important to you may not be important to someone else.  By the same token, what you don't see as important may be very important to someone else.  You do not have the right to tell someone else, "Oh, this is just a slight disappointment, you don't have the right to be upset."

In the grand scheme of things, it's not important, you're right.  We have ISIS, Ebola, etc, to worry about.

Then again, this is my money.  Why should I pay people who repeatedly lie to me?  Why should I continue paying for a game where I look forward to things - trusting in what I'm told by the devs and the freaking person who is running the damn game - when there's no point?  They're just saying what we want to hear, and then doing whatever the hell they want, and nothing they say apparently is true.  I dunno, your breaking point may be different from mine, but that doesn't mean that my breaking point is less valid because you don't give a shit about the same thing.

Lol... you really need to calm down. xD I'm sorry you're so upset about this. But it's no reason to rage and get angry at others. I mean, if this is really a big deal, then you could just quit? Or send a letter to their developers or something? *Shrugs* I'm sure there may be other games around that you may enjoy more.

The important thing when playing a game is to have fun. :) So if someone isn't having fun with a game, then maybe it's not for them, or they may want to find something more enjoyable.

Either way, I hope you feel better. ^_^

Lol... you really need to calm down. xD I'm sorry you're so upset about this. But it's no reason to rage and get angry at others. I mean, if this is really a big deal, then you could just quit? Or send a letter to their developers or something? *Shrugs* I'm sure there may be other games around that you may enjoy more.

The important thing when playing a game is to have fun. :) So if someone isn't having fun with a game, then maybe it's not for them, or they may want to find something more enjoyable.

Please explain to me how anything in that post was me "raging"?  I really would like to know.

I'm completely calm.  Disappointed, yes.  But calm.

Also, can you please explain why being upset/disappointed/not happy with a decision means  a player should just leave?  So, if you don't like something, go?

Bless your heart, you can rest easy, though.  I'm already planning on cancelling my subscription at the end of October.  There, now you don't have to worry about a thing.  Isn't that nice?

What Ragnar said.

That whole "850k or less" that Yoshi-P spouted months ago was bullshit.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I'm gullible.

Pretty much done.  The only thing I was looking forward to for the past month is this.

To be fair, Yoshi-P actually said to the guy asking "I have 850k gil, is that enough?" "Um... no."

So unfortunately you had the wrong info.

And I really don't give a shit if you think it's okay because "I had the wrong info."  

Okaaaay. I'm sorry SE fucked up personal housing but don't put meanings into what I said just because you're upset.

BTW: "Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

You're still saying I said shit I never implied or said. You said <850k for a price of the house.

Yoshi-p once said less than FC housing is. That is <4ish mil for Balmung smalls in less than ideal locations.

You're right, he either lied or had to backtrack because of the large amount of gil in circulation. But please stop being mad at the wrong people. We're not SE. I'm not Yoshi-p. I was just clarifying that if you thought less than 850k was enough that was never the case. I honestly thought it was going to be ~2mil but that was the lowest Balmung Small FC houses at their lowest. ~4mil was the ceiling I thought for the smalls but it's indeed equal to. It's a fucking pain, but really you're pissed at the wrong people and I don't appreciate it just because I said you had the wrong idea.

Please explain to me how anything in that post was me "raging"?  I really would like to know.

I'm completely calm.  Disappointed, yes.  But calm.

Also, can you please explain why being upset/disappointed/not happy with a decision means  a player should just leave?  So, if you don't like something, go?

Bless your heart, you can rest easy, though.  I'm already planning on cancelling my subscription at the end of October.  There, now you don't have to worry about a thing.  Isn't that nice?

Alright. Glad you're calm them. :)

Well, if someone is always unhappy and not enjoying themselves, then what's the point with playing something? Now, if they're just a lil unhappy from time to time, but for the most part love the game, then of course there's no reason to quit for the previous concern. :P

Thank you for the bless. <3 Sorry to hear you go though! I hope you have fun with whatever you decide to do next, and are happy with what you do. ^_^

You're still saying I said shit I never implied or said. You said <850k for a price of the house.

Yoshi-p once said less than FC housing is. That is <4ish mil for Balmung smalls in less than ideal locations.

You're right, he either lied or had to backtrack because of the large amount of gil in circulation. But please stop being mad at the wrong people. We're not SE. I'm not Yoshi-p. I was just clarifying that if you thought less than 850k was enough that was never the case. I honestly thought it was going to be ~2mil but that was the lowest Balmung Small FC houses at their lowest. ~4mil was the ceiling I thought for the smalls but it's indeed equal to. It's a fucking pain, but really you're pissed at the wrong people and I don't appreciate it just because I said you had the wrong idea.

And you're still saying shit I never said.  I never thought or said it was going to be less than 850k.  I personally thought (though I didn't say in my original post) that it would be around 2.5 mil for the smallest version (assuming they even had different sizes).  I don't know where you got the idea that I thought it was going to be less than 850k, but I certainly didn't say that.

Well, if someone is always unhappy and not enjoying themselves, then what's the point with playing something? Now, if they're just a lil unhappy from time to time, but for the most part love the game, then of course there's no reason to quit for the previous concern. :P

Thank you for the bless. <3 Sorry to hear you go though! I hope you have fun with whatever you decide to do next, and are happy with what you do. ^_^

I dunno, man...maybe because if you care about something you want it to be better?  But what do I know?  :)

"No matter how upset you get, no matter how irrational the initial reaction to getting your nose a little out of joint is, you are not allowed to lose sight of the fact that there is no possible way anything that happens in 'pretendy fun time games' can actually be important. It is not, nor will it ever be, a big deal."

"No matter how upset you get, no matter how irrational the initial reaction to getting your nose a little out of joint is, you are not allowed to lose sight of the fact that there is no possible way anything that happens in 'pretendy fun time games' can actually be important. It is not, nor will it ever be, a big deal."

Dammit, you beat me to it.

I dunno, man...maybe because if you care about something you want it to be better?  But what do I know?  :)

Well, of course people would want that! Unfortunately, at least for games like this, not much can be done about an issue like this. Unless a ton of people were to send their issues/problems/etc directly to the source, or make a petition, etc. But even then, the developers and what not may not do anything, depending on how well they listen to their player base.

So if not much can be done, not much use getting upset over it, and just trying to either be happy with what you have, or move on to better things. :) - And I'm sure you know plenty! :D

Dammit, you beat me to it.

MUHAHAHAHA