Patch 2.38 Release Notes

Lost River

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post on this!

I'm probably never-ever-ever going to have millions of gil to buy/help buy a FC house thing, buuuut one can dream. xD Nice that they're adding more wards, but I'm sure those will get filled super quickly.

I saw they added thick rimmed glasses... Totally want to RP a book nerd. Though those will probably be expensive too. >.> HNNNNG. I'm curious to what the Zodiac glasses look like too. Sounds interesting.

I'm still new to the game, so I don't know all of what's being mentioned in the patch notes, and I'm just starting to mess around with crafting, but the new crafting stuff/updates looks nice.

I like how the Recommendations now have a filter. Nice to make things neater and more organized. It seems like a lot of the windows and such have gotten filters/changes/etc to make them more easy to manage and what not. That'll hopefully be handy and less troublesome! :D

Nothing too big in the patch (that concerns me at least, being a newbie) but all of it looks pretty good. :)

I am unimaginably bummed out and disappointed about personal housing just being FC housing except for one person. I feel like they just threw up their hands and gave up trying to implement it properly, so they just tacked on a personal option for Fc housing wards and called it a day. Small houses vanish insanely fast, so it just feels like I will never get a house for my character. :/

I feel like none of you are focusing on what's truly important in this patch.

Yes, the personal housing is a completely and laughably botched decision and Hanlon's razor is in full effect.

But you can slap people.

You can slap. People.

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

I feel like none of you are focusing on what's truly important in this patch. Yes, the personal housing is a completely and laughably botched decision. 

But you can slap people.

You can slap. People.

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

^I find these terms acceptable

Its a terrible thing, yes, but it doesn't mean it cannot be properly implemented in the future. Remember, FFXIV 1.0 was a travesty compared to 2.0. So, all we can do is wait, honestly.

Based upon SE's track record with this sort of thing, I honestly have zero hope for them properly implementing personal housing in the future. I'm going to just cross my fingers cross my fingers for the tiny FFXI-style flower pots so we can stick'em in our inn rooms or our personal chambers. Half my reason for wanting my own house was so I could have my own gardening plot instead of staring creepily longingly at my FC's gardening plot.

I guess I was upset initially was because my current situation doesn't afford me a whole lot of time to play the game. My limited playtime kind of locks me out of doing endgame, getting Animus (I don't have the time to grind for hours to get atma), or do much of anything. I haven't even managed to beat Story-mode Ramuh yet. Housing was one of the few things I was looking forward to because I thought I could save up the gil for it and decorate/garden/derp around with it at my own pace.

I guess I'll probably feel better once my work schedule is less of a clusterfuck and I can do more with the game.

On a totally different note: I'm going to log in and hug as many Roe-ankles with my lalafell as possible.

I am unimaginably bummed out and disappointed about personal housing just being FC housing except for one person. I feel like they just threw up their hands and gave up trying to implement it properly, so they just tacked on a personal option for Fc housing wards and called it a day. Small houses vanish insanely fast, so it just feels like I will never get a house for my character. :/

^ This.

I am soul crushingly disappointed. Four million for a 5th class small plot? It's just... Ugh.

What really doesn't help is that even if all of us theoretically had the gil to buy the houses, there are only so many houses per ward. Even if they opened 20 wards, there still wouldn't be enough houses for everyone in a server. That means a good chunk of the server will literally never be able to get a house. To make personal housing work, they'd have to revamp and go with an entirely different system.

What really doesn't help is that even if all of us theoretically had the gil to buy the houses, there are only so many houses per ward.  Even if they opened 20 wards, there still wouldn't be enough houses for everyone in a server.  That means a good chunk of the server will literally never be able to get a house.  To make personal housing work, they'd have to revamp and go with an entirely different system.

Pitting FCs against individual players, when FCs are already so desperate for housing (I mean, our wards were completely sold out in under 2 weeks - large houses included - when the last land increase happened) is really, really brutal, too.

Honestly, I would have rather they just said they couldn't implement it due to lack of server resources and would chalk it up to something they would try to get done when they had what they needed to get it right.

Chi, your ignorance is showing.

Oh, sorry... but....

What is the difference in a First class house and a fifth class? Is it location or some change in size/model? And how do you know what class your house is?

Meanwhile, am also very, very disappointed in the lack of "personal housing". My FC doesnt' have a house yet, so no room... no garden... no pretty rainbow Chocobo. But was hoping I could get one of my own, then give the rest of the gil to the guild to help with FC house...

But day-am.

Dem prices, yo?

I'm not rich... I'm not poor, but I'm not rolling in gil.

I am, however, sad.

Guess I'll be hoping the Auction doesn't crash since everyone will be trying to make money and jacking up prices... while saving money and not buying. LOL

Whatever new system they may choose, I just hope I can make enough money to be a friend's neighbour and harass them on a regular basis and try to outdo them garden-wise(in a comical sense ww   Though I doubt I can hold myself away from really trying to have a nice garden in the end).

Honestly, I would have rather they just said they couldn't implement it due to lack of server resources and would chalk it up to something they would try to get done when they had what they needed to get it right.

Yep.  I would have rather they kept people informed and simply said, "We can't get it into this patch" or "we can't implement it like we were planning, because of x,y, and z, but we will be working towards this for the expansion" or something like that.

What is the difference in a First class house and a fifth class? Is it location or some change in size/model? And how do you know what class your house is?

It's fairly arbitrary, but in theory it has to do with the location and views the individual plots have.  In practice, sometimes what the devs ranked as "more expensive" has worse views than the lower priced plots.  It depends.

It's fairly arbitrary, but in theory it has to do with the location and views the individual plots have.  In practice, sometimes what the devs ranked as "more expensive" has worse views than the lower priced plots.  It depends.

Ah ok thanks :D

The Japanese Housing forums are very interesting at the moment.

May I have a link, please?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/1018-%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0  is the main Housing forum.

I'ma test that link and if it doesn't work, try a tinyurl since it doesn't appear okay with the Japanese characters.

Edit: yay it works. The thread in question is something like 33 pages long. I'm only getting bits and pieces, but I found it interesting that they appear to be asking that the personal housing be removed before the patch goes live, even if it means delaying the patch.