Patch 2.38 Release Notes

Lost River

"

An issue wherein the aggro range for certain monsters was erroneously low.

With this fix, monsters—particularly those found in instanced dungeons, trials, and raids—will have a greater aggro range than players have been accustomed to until now."

I'm curious as to what this affects.

Most likely commonly skipped mobs in certain instances like Amdapor Keep and Hullbreaker Isle. You know at the beginning the one group of two mantises and a bee everyone tries to skip after the first group? I wouldn't be surprised, but if not - hey, cool.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely commonly skipped mobs in certain instances like Amdapor Keep and Hullbreaker Isle. You know at the beginning the one group of two mantises and a bee everyone tries to skip after the first group? I wouldn't be surprised, but if not - hey, cool.

I was thinking of the Hullbreaker Isle mobs. Possible that you can't walk right through the Nankas anymore too.

Inb4 raid on Raffy and I pull her because I wanted to do the same as usual: Get as far as I can so I can cast and start casting Thunder 3 as Raffy is pulled. ((LB Raffy to pull is fun though if you've never done that. So fun as BLM))

I honestly do not care about the continuation of the Zodiac quest.

Why is that? Because Atma still has a pitiful drop rate.

We complained for an entire patch that this was bullshit and they STILL haven't done anything about it. I can't even bring myself to start the questline because I honestly do not want to put months into mindless grinding.

Housing is the least of Yoshi-P's issues right now. Wait until the Atma farming community gets a hold of him.

It may possibly be possible, maybe, that killing more mobs during a dungeon instead of skipping parts of it grants you more "light" for your Nexus weapon than speed-clearing it does.

It could also be the other way around (i.e. really fast clears reward you with more "light" than full, take-your-time clears). Or it could even be a combination of both. More testing is needed.

Edit: YES, they MUST nerf Atma. I am absolutely appalled that they still have not done so. The fact that the later phases of the relic quest are less arduous is cold comfort to those players still stuck on the first phase (as well as players looking to upgrade their relics for other classes).

I honestly do not care about the continuation of the Zodiac quest.

Why is that? Because Atma still has a pitiful drop rate.

We complained for an entire patch that this was bullshit and they STILL haven't done anything about it. I can't even bring myself to start the questline because I honestly do not want to put months into mindless grinding.

Housing is the least of Yoshi-P's issues right now. Wait until the Atma farming community gets a hold of him.

I thought they were supposed to be implementing a catch-up mechanic for Atma this patch?  Or was it 2.4?  I honestly only went to the housing section and didn't read the rest.

I saw the materia and the novus and decided "nope".

I'm going to take my Sands from ST and unweather my UAT weapons.

Then hope I get the HA weapon.

One day. Rinse+Repeat.

Hopefully.

Amusingly, that's why I didn't try for Novus or even Atma.  I mean, I have a few but I'm not grinding for it.  Didn't want to spend the money for the materia for Novus (and didn't think I had enough anyway).

Novus is not bad at all, actually.

You always have the option of going for a "welfare Novus", where you stop at level III materia and fill the rest of the slots with accuracy or something else. It's incredibly cheap, and it's not like 11 crit and 8 determination will ever make-or-break you.

I'm one of those weird people who, if I go in for something, I tend to be as min-maxy cheeseball as I can manage.  >.>

Yeah but I'm going to get the unweathered things soon anyway.

I want animation of the BLM /cpose but it looks sassy.

The Yagrush actually has better stats than the Thyrus does, unless you novus the Thyrus and pick your own stats.

You always have the option of going for a "welfare Novus", where you stop at level III materia and fill the rest of the slots with accuracy or something else. It's incredibly cheap, and it's not like 11 crit and 8 determination will ever make-or-break you.

I'm one of those weird people who, if I go in for something, I tend to be as min-maxy cheeseball as I can manage.  >.>

The Yagrush actually has better stats than the Thyrus does, unless you novus the Thyrus and pick your own stats.

Aren't novus weapons just about somewhere close to BiS? edit: If you build them that way etc

I know some of the Soldiery weapons suck. *cough*bookofdiamond*cough* but at this point I'd rather have a "sucky" i100/i110 weapon over a zenith.

Because I don't want to do ex primals again.

Or get a relic as sch. >.>;

It comes down to secondaries, but for the most party Novus/Coil110s are neck and neck. Any DPS weapon that's been augmented to be crit/det is about to trump HA, I think, barring BLM stick? I'm not a caster, I don't know.

Who's doing EXes again, though? Dead content is dead, RIP in peace.

I'm just hoping it isn't what people are suspecting: Collect X number of Light Points by doing content, then every week on reset you'll get Y% completion towards Nexus, with the whole period taking Z weeks long. There's casual content, and then there's waiting in line for your upgrade.

Aren't novus weapons just about somewhere close to BiS? edit: If you build them that way etc

I know some of the Soldiery weapons suck. *cough*bookofdiamond*cough* but at this point I'd rather have a "sucky" i100/i110 weapon over a zenith.

Because I don't want to do ex primals again.

Or get a relic as sch. >.>;

Depending on how you build the Novus, I believe they're either BIS or Equivalent (I believe some of the High Allagan weapons have perfect stats, too, so it's really a question of what you have access to).

As far as getting your relic as SCH, that's not hard at all, Kage. :-P  I know plenty of people who would go with you and get it done real quick in one night.  I think I managed my Bard relic in under 4 hours?  Even though I died twice to Titan.  >.>

EditEditEdit This is what happens when I'm at work. That's totally what I meant. IMO the point of novus etc is to keep min max builds. If I wanted to lesser the bonus status, I think its easier to go my path and just take the soldiery weapons. ESPECIALLY WITH THESE SANDS AND OILS DROPS :o!

But I already got my weathered Book of Diamonds. >.>

I'm just not willing to do the questline all over again.

And after having issues in AV I'm worried I'd suck. Then. Ohhhh Titan. @_@' I have confidence as a DPS. Tank. 80%. SCH? 20%

EditEditEdit This is what happens when I'm at work. That's totally what I meant. IMO the point of novus etc is to keep min max builds. If I wanted to lesser the bonus status, I think its easier to go my path and just take the soldiery weapons. ESPECIALLY WITH THESE SANDS AND OILS DROPS :o!

But I already got my weathered Book of Diamonds. >.>

I'm just not willing to do the questline all over again.

And after having issues in AV I'm worried I'd suck. Then. Ohhhh Titan. @_@' I have confidence as a DPS. Tank. 80%. SCH? 20%

I don't know if anyone told you this, but no one likes AV.  I mean, no one sane.  I don't know anyone who hasn't had any trouble in there, it's just a real butt of an instance.  You shouldn't judge your performance as a SCH by Aurum Vale, seriously.

no one likes AV.  I mean, no one sane.

The problem with AV is the level it's placed at. It's just before 50, so you lose out on the best of all your skills, but the creatures inside are designed as if you DO have them. So things just take FOREVER to kill. It wouldn't be so bad if they removed some of the trash so packs were in 2's instead of 3's maybe.

no one likes AV.  I mean, no one sane.

The problem with AV is the level it's placed at.  It's just before 50, so you lose out on the best of all your skills, but the creatures inside are designed as if you DO have them.  So things just take FOREVER to kill.  It wouldn't be so bad if they removed some of the trash so packs were in 2's instead of 3's maybe.

Yep, and if you're a scholar, Eos murders herself in the last fight (or did the last time I was there) and there's nothing you can do about it.  You can manually control her to force her to heal other people, but if you don't, she just stands there spamming herself until she's dead.  Then you have to resummon her and it repeats.