Personal Housing Thread 2.0

Kage

^ You underestimate the need for your own thing in games. Personal housing in all games is becoming standard.

The Japanese are livid over this.

I think you still missed my point. Even if everyone is angry, would it be enough to quit the game forever because of housing issues?

Yes, absolutely. I've seen games fail in months because their player base was lied to.

Then that's their choice. There are like 80% of other ways to enjoy your game. Even if people did own their house for RP purposes, they'll always end up going to RP in Quicksand or DW anyways. 

It's only the first day they implemented individual housing and yes the plots are limited and wards are limited. That whole 2.38 patch discussion about housing for past three weeks now makes sense. 

Personal Housing being expensive? I knew this was going to happen way before 2.1, where I told some people that it'll be as expensive as FC house and many members in RPC crucified me saying that I was trolling but I wasn't :/ I was really being honest because I felt that it'd be unfair for FCs to gain their house should players only gained their own house to RP in their own house. FC will be empty. completely.

But can we like just wait... for like a week or two to have them reconsider or explain their reason better than that Yoshi-P's post? He probably was posting in a hurry since everyone were raging.

NOTE edit: Also there are many games that brought disappointments than FF14 -2.0-. They always listened after massive negative feedbacks. I think this is one of them. Just wait. don't quit.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many games that brought disappointments and that is why the only subbed games right now are WoW and FFXIV. Because the devs weren't honest, weren't putting out enough content, or being generally disrespectful to their playerbase. This hits all three buttons.

Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5? Raiding isn't enjoyable or isn't an option to some people. This game is pretty much all raiding.

The casual content is pretty sparce, a lot of more casual players were looking forward to personal housing to start Gardening or whatever. It's important to them. Its why Wildstar gives you a house for free, and why Rift has entire dimensions you can build. Making a peice of a game "your own" not only is something people think is important, but inspires loyalty in the product.

And there are a lot of casual players out there.

I'm not sure how this is hard to understand.

^ You underestimate the need for your own thing in games. Personal housing in all games is becoming standard.

The Japanese are livid over this.

I think you still missed my point. Even if everyone is angry, would it be enough to quit the game forever because of housing issues?

It's not that it's housing. It's the amount of work it took to get to the point of buying a house, only to not get one because of artificially limited resources.

Think about it like an atma weapon. If a bunch of folks who did the full atma+books grind didn't get anything from the quest because SE only had a few hundred of the weapons to give out as quest rewards, how would they respond? Because literally that's what we did. Our tiny little FC. Each of us basically did the full atma+books grind, and we've got nothing to show for it.

A -lot- of players could not get the type of gardening they wanted for the chocobo coloring in their FCs, etc. Personal housing was their hopes for it.

In FCs they would have to fight over what is grown etc. Who is in charge of gardening or the first person to do it or whoever has the rights. That's the game for lots of people who don't raid.

I'm as livid as possible about the whole housing situation. I had been saving tons and working hard to earn gil to get my own house with certain expectations from what little information we were given. Had SE just blatantly said what they had been planning, I would've spent time on working towards something else I'd have enjoyed.

It's just a sea of emotions of being angry and sad. Why would they devote so much time to features that only I would guess 5% of players, even if that are able to enjoy? It really just makes me want to quit seeing how the direction of the game has gone in the recent month. Sure it's probably the initial shock and things could change, but if it did, how much more time would they need to devote to it?

Normally I hate posting like this, but I'm just so heartbroken after seeing the notes and news, especially for everyone else who worked so hard to save up for the opportunity to own their own piece, to color their chocobos, to get the minions, etc. If there weren't game features tied to it and it was just purely cosmetic, it wouldn't be so bad.

Am I disappointed? Sure. But its like Amma use to say, "People who waste time complaining, never reach the end." So its 4mil, that just means Cliodhna and I have to work harder for our lovenest. It may take us until 2.4 to save it, but that works as the plots will vanish quick anyway. Its all good, at least I got the door prize of Fury getting to run free in the Goblet.

I just think it's too early for me to say that their decision is final and they refuse to change it. I honestly don't think they expected plots to be sold by individuals over FC.

Do people really hate the personal rooms in their FC? I am just curious, because when I first went to Erik's personal room, it was pretty spacious than the first original small FC space.

I really won't talk about my end in FC because I do understand how people feel and upset they are, all I am saying is for the 5th time - don't quit the game.

Even though what devs said was a false hope for everyone, is it really killing enough for players to quit the game over personal housing?

I'd rather not hope that people are quitting this game over housing. Because FF14 is not made for housing really. It's for cosmetic expansion imo.

There will be more wards and plots coming up, just gotta be patient is all. They just started implementing on this. 

NOTE:

People told Yoshida to resign when he over-priced the FC houses when it first came out. This issue will be resolved.

1) People might - just might - be tired of being lied to.  Players were accept a lot of things, but blatant lies to them are really hard to swallow.  You would think that SE would have learned from the companies before them that have dealt with active, engaged, passionate playerbases and learned not to lie so clearly, much less in a place where the entirety of your playerbase can quote that shit right back to your face.  These people are more inept at lying than Ghostcrawler and Celestalon, and that is mind-boggling, to say the least.

2) I have no faith that the housing issue will be resolved, I mean, unless Yoshi does an about-face again.  In his letter, he specifically states, "As stated in the patch notes for Patch 2.38, the plots of land available for purchase in the housing areas will be the same for both Free Company and individual buyers. The introduction of housing plots in the future will also follow this structure."  So unless he was lying here as well, we're stuck with the current system.

3) No matter how many wards they are able to add, it won't be enough.  Even if they double the number of wards, there will never be more than 4320 houses per server (over all three cities).  Our server has 30k+ people on it.  So 4320 houses is supposed to server 30k individuals and FCs.  This makes no logical sense.

Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5?

Can I get a source on this? I didn't think we had server stats for this sort of thing.

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone (I think they also used XIVPADS) to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

Personal Housing is the game to some people, to a lot of people. Did you know that 60% of the server hasn't even cleared T5?

Can I get a source on this? I didn't think we had server stats for this sort of thing.

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

Enh, achievements are hidden by default and that doesn't take into account alts/retired/quit etc. I'm not sure it's a good measure of anything. Hell, most people I know have never bothered logging into the Lodestone since there's not a lot it offers.

A -lot- of players could not get the type of gardening they wanted for the chocobo coloring in their FCs, etc. Personal housing was their hopes for it.

In FCs they would have to fight over what is grown etc. Who is in charge of gardening or the first person to do it or whoever has the rights. That's the game for lots of people who don't raid.

Gardening is, quite frankly, one of the biggest issues with all of this.  They've locked gardening behind house ownership, and so those of us who genuinely want to experiment on our own are basically out in the cold.  Yeah, you can garden for your FC, if someone else isn't already in charge, but it's not the same as being able to experiment yourself.

Edited to Add: They have also locked Chocobo training/raising and coloring behind owning a house. Of course, they've also said they are going to add it to the Chocobo Porter stables in the future. But um...given their track record at this point, I just can't believe anything they say.

Someone scrawled through the Lodestone to get those stats, this of course doesn't make it 100% accurate if your achievements are off, but it's a good indicator. Alas, I can't find the source now.

Enh, achievements are hidden by default and that doesn't take into account alts/retired/quit etc. I'm not sure it's a good measure of anything. Hell, most people I know have never bothered logging into the Lodestone since there's not a lot it offers.

Registering your character to XIVPADS the default is achievements being on, I believe.

Gardening is, quite frankly, one of the biggest issues with all of this.  They've locked gardening behind house ownership, and so those of us who genuinely want to experiment on our own are basically out in the cold.  Yeah, you can garden for your FC, if someone else isn't already in charge, but it's not the same as being able to experiment yourself.

Me and Curago talked about this this morning. He said if it was possible to give permissions for certain Garden plots (Since we have three) he would let people do "experiments" on one for anyone who wanted to be a Temporary Gardener. Unfortunately it's not an option and even if it was its just a bandaid, since anyone could ask for that rank. Currently, if we let people use the Garden we break the Jute/Glazenut/Onion pattern and ugh that sucks.

The whole situation is terrible. I don't blame anyone for being angry.

They should never have locked those type of features into housing in the first place with the way housing is / planned to be /whatever.

I completely agree with this.  I felt it was very bad to do this in the first place, because it locks a large part of the playerbase out of something they really, really wanted, and something SE advertised as a draw to the game.

Me and Curago talked about this this morning. He said if it was possible to give permissions for certain Garden plots (Since we have three) he would let people do "experiments" on one for anyone who wanted to be a Temporary Gardener. Unfortunately it's not an option and even if it was its just a bandaid, since anyone could ask for that rank. Currently, if we let people use the Garden we break the Jute/Glazenut/Onion pattern and ugh that sucks.

The whole situation is terrible. I don't blame anyone for being angry.

^^ Pretty much.  I'm sort of experimenting in the alt house garden, but Curago and I had actually planned on turning the alt garden into another loop once I grabbed my personal house, so we could devote more space to the dyes/chocobo foods.  Guess that's up in smoke.

Registering your character to XIVPADS the default is achievements being on, I believe.

That makes an even narrower sample size. I could cite the BG T9 kill rates for Balmung and it's not really any more accurate.

I'm not trying to argue, really, I just wanted to know where the number came from. Statistics, made up on the spot, etc. Some anecdote.

I think gardening should be available in some other way. The mentions of people getting personal pots or beds has been a good idea since implementation and it boggles me that it hasn't been done yet.

I'll need to dig some about player housing. I could have sworn it was at first mentioned as guild housing, and only after people asking/demanding/begging for personal chambers did they get added, which then turned into this debacle. Does anybody remember the fact that houses used to not have a basement? Your small house was SMALL, and the personal room is bigger than even that.

I don't think it's fair to crucify Yoshi over this. His team had to deviate from what they were working on in the first place to get anything else up, and while this "solution" does blow, quite frankly, I'm not sure this is the end result. We'll probably see some apartments or dorm housing once we get Mor Dhona completed, or Ishgard opened.

I know that's just speculation, too, and doesn't help anyone who feels shafted (and you were shafted, I agree) but pitchforks and torches won't do anything. If you feel you need to quit because you can't dye your chocobo or grow freely-available-on-the-MB plants, I...

I don't know. I never really got the fascination with housing. It bugged the ever-loving hell out of me when we'd get entire swaths of live-letters and hands-on videos of someone's kitchen.

To be honest, because of the fact the way they implemented this that the houses are basically FC houses without personal rooms... the large prices are not surprising.

There should be some lesser amount of gil. But the fact that the houses are almost the same the prices should be almost the same.

They should really allow gardening in some way to personal rooms :/

I'm sorry people are pissed off andI do feel badly for those who wanted a personal house. And I'm happy for those that got one.

But for the love of all that is good in the world would everyone stop bitching about it? Seriously. People quitting and complaining all morning. Some people who live in a huge FC home or have a nice room, complaining.

Complaining.

Complaining.

Are they not as advertised? Yeah. But okay....if this is the worst lie you've ever been through or told, you are winning as far as I am concerned. There is so much more to the game than a home. Seriously. Time with your friends, tackling dungeons, rp'ing (I thought that's what we did anyway), crafting, etc.

To pin so much emotion on a house? To get so angry? So hurt? It.....it defies logic. And if this little (and yes in the grand scheme it is a little issue) matter is what breaks you from the game, or one man's letter from months ago....well then maybe you need a new hobby, or a new game. I will never be able to afford a home. Not a personal one nor a fake FC  home called a personal one either.  But I still enjoy the game. I find other things to entertain myself and not pin it all on one upcoming patch item.

So please.....stop all the complaining about housing. The arguments have been made, we have all heard your voices.....take to official forums now and express your concerns so you can try and get it fixed. Otherwise it'd be nice to see the site go back to normal rather than rant.org all day.

:dodgy:

To be honest, because of the fact the way they implemented this that the houses are basically FC houses without personal rooms... the large prices are not surprising.

There should be some lesser amount of gil. But the fact that the houses are almost the same the prices should be almost the same.

They should really allow gardening in some way to personal rooms :/

I'm not really even angry about the prices.  I mean, I think they're outrageous (and I'm really disappointed that individuals can get the same houses that are for 512 members, because I think that's just...ugh).

But expecting something like 4000 houses to serve 30k people PLUS FCs is just....in what reality is this ok?  If you can't implement Personal Housing, then fine.  But don't feed me shit and try to convince me it's caviar.

I'm sorry people are pissed off andI do feel badly for those who wanted a personal house. And I'm happy for those that got one.

But for the love of all that is good in the world would everyone stop bitching about it? Seriously. People quitting and complaining all morning. Some people who live in a huge FC home or have a nice room, complaining.

Complaining.

Complaining.

Are they not as advertised? Yeah. But okay....if this is the worst lie you've ever been through or told, you are winning as far as I am concerned. There is so much more to the game than a home. Seriously. Time with your friends, tackling dungeons, rp'ing (I thought that's what we did anyway), crafting, etc.

To pin so much emotion on a house? To get so angry? So hurt? It.....it defies logic. And if this little (and yes in the grand scheme it is a little issue) matter is what breaks you from the game, or one man's letter from months ago....well then maybe you need a new hobby, or a new game. I will never be able to afford a home. Not a personal one nor a fake FC  home called a personal one either.  But I still enjoy the game. I find other things to entertain myself and not pin it all on one upcoming patch item.

So please.....stop all the complaining about housing. The arguments have been made, we have all heard your voices.....take to official forums now and express your concerns so you can try and get it fixed. Otherwise it'd be nice to see the site go back to normal rather than rant.org all day.

:dodgy:

No.