Eorzean Grindstone World Cup

[align=center]i2zUsCU.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Fellow Eorzeans! Do you seek to prove yourself and your friends to the world that you are capable of being victorious in a battlefield? [/align]

[align=center]Eorzean Grindstone World Cup is an official four-contestant tag match against other team to prove themselves that they are the strongest. In this tournament, you will be in an arena where you'd teleport to an alternate side of dimension. From there, where you will live or die - you must fight to the death to lead your team to become the victor![/align]

[align=center]Find yourself three other companions who will help you gain worthy prize for this tournament!  [/align]

[align=center]**With a small note underneath: Any possible death within the other side of dimension does not actually kill you in Eorzea. Do not worry.**[/align]

[align=center]Click Here to Read the Eorzean Cup - Rules and Regulations[/align]

[align=center]

• Sign-Ups start this [October 18th 2014] - You must have three other contestants with a team name (If you have one). Please PM Anelia Sadowyn or PM me through the forums.  -- Sign-Ups will end by the end of November 2nd 2014.
  • First Qualification Round will start on November 7th 2014 - 7 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
  • Second Round of Preliminaries will start on November 14th 2014 - 7 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
  • Third Round of Quarterfinals will start on November 21st 2014 - 7 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
  • Semi-Finals will start on December 5th 2014 - 7 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
  • Finals will start on December 12th 2014 - 7 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

[align=center]The Arena will be set up on Mist - Ward 7 Plot 5 (BASEMENT) for the tournaments. Seating will be available and the food court upstairs will be available. Fron[/align]

[align=center]Audience Rules:[/align]

[align=center]Audience must keep quiet, or set up a linkshell/party/alliance chat to discuss the fight while the fight is going on.[/align]

[align=center]There will not be a single /yell or /shout by audience. The shout and yell are all reserved for the announcer.[/align]

[align=center]Staff Members:[/align]

[align=center]Referees: [/align]

[align=center]1. Tesla Amorette[/align]

[align=center]2.[/align]

[align=center]3.[/align]

[align=center]4.[/align]

[align=center]5.[/align]

[align=center]Announcer:[/align]

[align=center]1.[/align]

[align=center]2.[/align]

[align=center]Clerics:[/align]

[align=center]1. Khrys Relanah[/align]

[align=center]2. Reinette Sompt[/align]

[align=center]3. Belgorian Spellsmith[/align]

[align=center]4.[/align]

[align=center]5.[/align]

[align=center]Sponsor:[/align]

[align=center]1. Enses Azorium[/align]

[align=center]2.[/align]

[align=center]Food Suppliers:[/align]

[align=center]1.[/align]

[align=center]2.[/align]

[align=center]Other Staff Members:[/align]

[align=center]1.[/align]

[align=center]2.[/align]

[align=center]3.[/align]

[align=center]4.[/align]

[align=center]5.[/align]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Aldotsk,

I don't know if you've already spoken with the Grindstone folks, but the dates and times overlap with the same dates and times of normal Grindstone. Is that intentional?

I spoke with Sindl for a while but yes, the dates have to be rearranged or have to be discussed. Though since it is literally the same thing, and it is an annual/seasonal event - I figured it'd be placed around the same time.

Edit: With the way it's going, I will possibly move to Friday night instead because seems like Saturday has Grindstone and Sunday has Fight Club. However, I'll work it out with Sindl more about the timed details.

There is still good 6-7 days until you make your final decision. If you don't know who you want to partner up with, then I'll just randomly partner up with someone for you.

Now there's an interesting idea. Give everyone numbers, and when you're number is called, you're thrown into the ring. Maybe you get to know who you are partnered with, or maybe you have to figure it out yourself.

There is still good 6-7 days until you make your final decision. If you don't know who you want to partner up with, then I'll just randomly partner up with someone for you.

Now there's an interesting idea. Give everyone numbers, and when you're number is called, you're thrown into the ring. Maybe you get to know who you are partnered with, or maybe you have to figure it out yourself.

It'll be the best idea to have if people cannot find their partners to make the team work happen xD

Besides, there is like only three to five people interested in it. I'd rather hope that more people would join in this.

Change of Updates:

Eorzean Cup 2.x - A Version Reborn.

• 4v4 - to be OOC agreed term basis 1v1 fight until last-man standing in team match 

• Grindstone style of a simplistic combat fight. Non-Movement or Counter-Attack or non-sense

• No-Healing/No-Complicated Technicality - applying to overly creative non-canon stuff

• Non-Magic Users. All physical attacks only (Archers allowed)

• Team Leaders roll the initiative

• Team Initiative all rolls first then the other entire team rolls defense vice versa.

The following has been patched and been fixed as accordingly.

There has been two teams that have shown interest into the tournament.

If possible, I'd like to see 6 more teams!

If this is your first time, still join anyways - because if it works out or requires improvement, I can always add into newer side of rules in the future.

Looks interesting. While my character wouldn't participate as a contestant it would be interesting to watch.

IC:

Hiro Ayami is willing to sponsor 200K gil (IC and OOC) towards this tournament on behalf of: Enses Azorium.

Feel free to contact me in game.

I'm promoting it as every other event in the Open RP LS. though, I admit that when people ask about Grindstone, I have to make some search on the board as informations about this are hard to find and the related LS is considered as inactive and in the archive part of the board.

Here is the link Ilwe! For Grindstone Thread

@Hiro: I'll speak with you this Sunday evening!

As for others who are signing up, please post here or PM me through this forum. I will not be online in-game for the next two days because I am going on a vacation. (No I am not going to London fan fest. I wish)

I will check often and see if there are more people who are interested!